PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #35- Out with the old!!!

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Happy New Year to everyone!

I wanted to say "thanks" to everyone who posted and read last week's thread! It was fun to read everyone's stories!!!

As we put 2003 'to bed' around the world
I want to wish everyone a healthy, happy and
prosperous New Year.

Since we welcome the new year with the image of a small child....the DOTD is.....

Baby's Bottom

1 1/2 oz. Whiskey, 1/2 oz. each of; White Creme de Cacoa & White Creme de Menthe

Stir over ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

Oh and Happy B-day, Tray and Amoore and everyone else that get's missed in the Xmas, New year's shuffle!!

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 12:34 PM
Fresh as a baby's bottom! I'll have me one o' those!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
Fresh as a baby's bottom! I'll have me one o' those!

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!

A baby's bottom for you!

Not that I would know....;)

DONE!

catland
12-31-2003, 12:39 PM
I'll have a Baby's bottom. Bottom's up everyone.:D

Richard - where do you find these drink recipes?

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
A baby's bottom for you!

Not that I would know....;)

DONE!

the phrase nappy white... comes to mind.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
OUT WITH THE OLD? DOES THAT MEAN I CAN'T COME IN????:D

I would like a white grape juice please! The cat boys and grandma want their usual cat nip tea but on ice this time!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Just think it's already next year in some parts of the world!:eek: :D

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
CATLAND!!!

I'll never tell;)

DONE!

Babo,

lolololol,

The sun doesn't shine on the moon????:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Ha Ha Richard!!!
We posted at the same time! Guess who won?:D

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
Ha Ha Richard!!!
We posted at the same time! Guess who won?:D

lol,

Another year goes away and so do my reflexes!!

WGJ for you and CNT on ice for the boys and g-ma!

DONE!

slick
12-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Hey, who are you calling Old?????:) :)

It's snowing like crazy up here today so I decided to work from home. I've got about 8 inches of snow on the deck and it's not stopping anytime soon.

Max is asleep on the couch, Speckles is asleep in front of the fire and I'm catching up on my soaps in my PJ's. :eek: :eek:

It's been a year since I first logged on the Pet Talk and back then I never knew what an addiction it could become, and Thursday's has not helped the situation any. I've loved getting to know all of you through cyberspace and can hardly wait until the July BBQ!! I wish you all peace and good health for the coming year.

That being said, serve 'em up bartender. I'm not driving anywhere until Friday........:) :) :) I'll take a DOTD (double please) and I think I'll try some catnip tea for the little ones. Maybe it will put back some of the spark they've lost over the years.

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by slick
That being said, serve 'em up bartender. I'm not driving anywhere until Friday........:) :) :) I'll take a DOTD (double please) and I think I'll try some catnip tea for the little ones. Maybe it will put back some of the spark they've lost over the years.

DDOTD for you and CNT for the kids!

DONE!!

A twelve step program for Thursday's?

I can't say I like that idea:eek: ;)

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
Babo,

lolololol,

The sun doesn't shine on the moon????:confused: :eek: :rolleyes:

not on Pink Floyd's side, and not on mine, either side.

gini
12-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Wow! Someone came pounding on my door yelling.....Gini - hurry THE BAR IS OPEN! (thanks, Slick)!

12 step program - well Richard, here is how I see it.

Step One: Go to the Bar
Step Two: Enter Bar
Step Three: Greet everyone
Step Four: Order a drink

etc
etc..............

This still being a work day and all, I hafta be good and just ask for a coffee for now.

All kidding aside, I wish for each and everyone of you a very safe New Year's Eve and a 2004 filled with all of the things that you have ever dreamed of having or accomplishing - and especially the good health to enjoy it all.

And I wish Thursday's a very successful 52 week run................in 2004.

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by babolaypo65
not on Pink Floyd's side, and not on mine, either side.

Main Entry: al·be·do
Pronunciation: al-'bE-(")dO
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -dos
Etymology: Late Latin, whiteness, from Latin albus
Date: circa 1859
: reflective power; specifically : the fraction of incident radiation (as light) that is reflected by a surface or body (as the moon or a cloud)

And I thought I had forgotten all my astronomy terms.;)

zippy-kat
12-31-2003, 01:30 PM
Something with LOTS and LOTS of caffiene please -- I'm fallin' asleep!!

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 01:33 PM
is it thursday already? i'm really cold. i want something hot please...coffee of hot chocolet or something please:D

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Something with LOTS and LOTS of caffiene please -- I'm fallin' asleep!!

Gini,

Coffee for you!

Done!

Zippy,

A Jolt cola and a coffee for you!!

DONE!

trayi52
12-31-2003, 01:35 PM
Thanks Richard for the Birthday wishes, and I'll have a Baby's bottom too!

I can't believe that the year 2000 is 4 years old! How time flys when you start getting older! Ouch!

Anyway Happy New Year Everybody!!!!

Willie

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-31-2003, 01:36 PM
Strawberry Smoothie please!!

*licks lips* I'm ready! I need to start participating in this Thursday business... :)

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
is it thursday already? i'm really cold. i want something hot please...coffee of hot chocolet or something please:D

GP,

Hot chocolate!

DONE!

Tray,

A BB for you!

again happy b-day!

DONE!

ILMAG,

LOL, It's not Thursday business-it's Thursday FUN!

Strawberry smoothie...
DONE!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
Thank you...! So who has plans for tonight?

Corinna
12-31-2003, 01:49 PM
Happy new year to you all. I'll have a Hot buttered rum please it's cold here and this is the day 2 years ago that the neighbors 9 year old grandson died of a brain anrouism. The whole family gathers here (next door) as the mom falls apart . I go over and fix meals. need to be sured up for this years round( they had him cremated and bring his ashes every where they go even sitting a place at the table for him. Don't get me wrong but isn't that a little over the edge?
Sorry to be a downer it is getting hard for me to do this every year. needed to vent a little I guess.
But on a happier note my daughter probly has he temp job as a permant one as of the 8th. Yeah!!!!!
Thanks to all on this board who have helped each of us this yers, somer times you don't know how you have helped,just being here helps.
Thursdays are the best for it, Thank you Richard for being here and starting this maddness.
Whoa I got a little intense sorry . Lets celebrate!!!!!!!!

WELCOME 2004!!!!!!!!

gini
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Corinna, goodness - let me be the first to buy you a drink and give you a much deserved hug this New Year's.

My heart goes out to your neighbors......they have an angel in heaven watching out for them - it might be time for them to let him do his job. But every family grieves in a different way..........who am I to judge?

Come on in - sit down for a bit - get your wits about you before you go off into the cold once again.

slick
12-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by gini
12 step program - well Richard, here is how I see it.

Step One: Go to the Bar
Step Two: Enter Bar
Step Three: Greet everyone
Step Four: Order a drink

Step Five: Take drink and sit down by the fireplace
Step Six: Wipe up spilled drink
Step Seven: Go the the bar and order another drink
Step Eight: Sip half the drink before walking over to chair so you don't spill it.
Step Nine: Take empty glass up to bar and get another one
Step Ten: Stagger back to chair
Step Eleven: Fall off chair
Step Twelve: Wake up in the Lost and Found.

Now that's my kind of 12-step program. :D :D

Corinna: sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. What a great neighbour you are to pitch in like that. Good on you.

Zippy: how come you are falling asleep??? Working too hard??

Tray: Order anything you like and Richard will put it on my tab. Happy Birthday!

Speaking of which, enclosed is a cheque for $13,765.43 that will pay off my tab for the year. Gee, did I really buy that many rounds??:eek:

Corinna
12-31-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks it is cold too this morning it was 4 degrees at 9 AM and now it's only 9 at 1 PM. expecting snow later too have about 18 inches now.

gini
12-31-2003, 02:06 PM
Step Twelve: Wake up in the Lost and Found.

Geeze, no wonder the Lost and Found has NUMBER #13 on the door! - all steps lead to the Lost and Found.:D :D

trayi52
12-31-2003, 02:16 PM
So does that mean we all end up in the Lost and Found eventually?:confused: Next time I get lost, I'm going to look in the lost and found!

Corinna, sounds really cold!! I think I take a Hot buttered Rum too, may as well pass out early, and that does sound good!:D

Willie

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 02:26 PM
Corrina,

HBR for you.

sometimes this is the place to unload!

DONE!

Slick,
Look out for that first step! It's a doozy!

What does 13k look like in Monopoly money??;)

Gini,

Keep your eye on that door......I want to make sure no one spends the night in there when we leave!:eek:

Tray,

HBR for you!

DONE!

catland
12-31-2003, 03:07 PM
That BB was delish, but I wouldn't mind something hot right now also. We actually had a couple of inches of snow; it was so pretty, but now its melting. There might be more on the way though.

My boy Joxer hasn't seen hardly any snow in his life but he loved it last night. First he just sat around, not sure what to do. Then he attacked it. Little snowballs would be created in front of him as he pounced on the snow. He rolled and played in it - it was so cute.

For tonight, we're just having a couple of friends over. We'll torch our Christmas tree at midnight and light off some fireworks. Then tomorrow we do the teardown of the all the Christmas decorations.

robinh
12-31-2003, 03:20 PM
Happy New Year to everyone! I hope the next year is a good one!

Give me a DoD, too. I'm stuck here at work. They don't want to close early since we all have too much to do. Oh well, thought I'd stop by the cyberbar and say hello. Not like we're doing anything tonight. We refer to it as Amateur's Night. I'll stay home with the man and the puppies! That's the place to be. We might even stay awake until midnight - not!

If I make it to the Lost & Found, it's generally because I want to be lost and not found. Is that backwards or what?

:confused:

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Catland,

Torch the tree???

lol.....we did that one year...to the neighbor's tree......Ah, to be young!!!

DOTD?

DONE!

RH,

I am going to bail out at 4.....My work will be here next year.......

DOTD?

DONE!

slick
12-31-2003, 03:32 PM
Well, it stopped snowing about a hour ago and now it's started up again. Kitties are still asleep. Boy do they know how to live or what!!!

Hi Catland: You're taking down the decorations tomorrow?? Wow, I leave mine up until the end of January. I know, I'm weird. Did you take any pics of Joxer in the snow??

Richard: Monopoly, that's a great idea. With all the snow outside how about I set up a game?? Does anyone have Catopoly????

Another DDOTD please......and thank you.

Corinna
12-31-2003, 03:39 PM
I just drove over to whitefish it's snowing like H**l . I guess i'm in for a wwhile.
I have dogoply the petagree one You sent in 2 labels and 3 bucks . we have a good time with it.

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Slick, I thought I was the only one to do that! I even say goodnight to my tree when I turn it off at night. I know, silly but I've done it for years. I just love Christmas and hate to see it gone. Now, how about something really strong to get rid of this cold? I've been home sick all day and want it gone!

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 03:45 PM
SLick,

It was darts or drunken Twister......

Monopoly sounds great!!!

DDOTD...DONE!

Corinna,

We'll set up the 'Dogopoly'and whe winners of each game can meet in the Tournament of Champions!

DONE!

catland
12-31-2003, 03:55 PM
Slick - yes we did get a pic of Joxer in the snow, but with how slow I am at getting pics posted you might not see it until June.:rolleyes:

and yes, there's nothing quite like torching the old Christmas tree in the back yard to celebrate the coming of the new year.

Tips and tricks.

1. Don't tie M-80's to the branches - you never know when they will go off and they tend to put out the fire.

2. Make your tree go up in flames right at midnight - that's when the rest of the neighbors are setting off their fireworks and no one will notice.

3. Only do this in a place like here in the Northwest where everything is wet and you are in no danger of starting something else on fire. and by all means, do this OUTSIDE - never put your tree in the fireplace unless you want to watch your house burn down in the process.

Have a great, safe, happy new year's everyone!

:D

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by catland

Tips and tricks.

LOLOLOL,

Arson tips from the great Northwest!!

Us Californians have had our share of fire this year.....but thanks for the hints!!!

slick
12-31-2003, 04:26 PM
I was just looking at the TV Guide for tonight and I see that from 7 to 11 you can see Inside the Playboy Mansion and then the Playboy's 50th Anniversary Special.

Makes me remember when I was about 11 yrs old my 13-yr old brother found some Playboy books underneath Mom and Dad's bed. They say you should really find out from your parents...well, I guess we were not too far off the mark. :D :D

Don't know if it's a repeat or not, but happy anniversary HH. Rock on dude!!!

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Slick, I thought I was the only one to do that! I even say goodnight to my tree when I turn it off at night. I know, silly but I've done it for years. I just love Christmas and hate to see it gone. Now, how about something really strong to get rid of this cold? I've been home sick all day and want it gone!

How's about a Baby's bottom??

I am sorry I didn't see your post earlier.
I remember NYE on 2000 I was so sick it wasn't funny. I had the flu and my knees hurt soooo
bad I couldn't stand it...

Being flu sick was one thing but the joint pain was NO FUN AT ALL!!!

Feel better!

DONE!

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM
I am going to go home in a few minutes..

I want to wish every a happy new year and a safe evening....

I will be checking in on the party.....but please
no fireworks in the L and F, no dancing on the pool table and check the jukebox out!!!!

I put some Guy Lombardo in for the 'mature' audience!!!!
:rolleyes: ;) :p :confused: :) :cool:

Oh, and please give all the little ones hugs and slugs from the Thursday crowd.....

slick
12-31-2003, 06:30 PM
I may be "mature' but don't give me Guy :p

Guess you were one of the few that worked today. Have a great evening Richard, whatever you are doing.

I think I'll just slip in behind the bar and pour another DDOTD.

trayi52
12-31-2003, 06:46 PM
Give me another too slick, I loved the Hot Buttered Rum!! More please!!!!:D

slick
12-31-2003, 06:54 PM
OK Tray, HBR DONE!

Miss Meow
12-31-2003, 08:35 PM
Hello everyone. Happy new year!!!

No babies' butts for me please ;) Is there a glass of champagne with my name on it??? :D

slick
12-31-2003, 08:52 PM
Hi MM: come on in the join the fun. Not too many people here tonight as you can see.

You're in luck. Richard brought in a case of champagne and it's been chilling all day. I'm not good at popping the cork so you can do the honors. (I always end up hitting someone in head):D :D :eek: :eek:

trayi52
12-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Watch out! I am getting under one the tables, I am accident prone. ;)

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 08:57 PM
Yum! I just love that Asti Spumanti! Yeah, I was surprised at how few people were here.

slick
12-31-2003, 08:59 PM
Oh my gosh, let me switch the channel on the TV. Saturday Night Fever is on.......let's dance.....

Burn Baby Burn
Disco Inferno
Burn Baby Burn....

Where's Richard when we need him??? Someone get the disco ball out to hang from the ceiling...:D

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Ah, the good old days of disco. Some of it I liked. You know, I've never seen that movie?

trayi52
12-31-2003, 09:04 PM
I'll hang it up, of course you better move I fall a lot, but I walk better after I have a few drinks, and I'm not as accident prone, lol!!!;)

trayi52
12-31-2003, 09:07 PM
You haven't seen John Travolta shake his bootai! You are missing outtt!! You know I think I seen that at a drive in movie? Remember the drive in movies?? Anybody?

Willie;)

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 09:16 PM
Wow, this place is dead! I've never seen it this empty. Got to go to sleep now. Too sleepy to wait for new year. Have a great one!

amoore
12-31-2003, 09:24 PM
I remember the drive in movies...... I can't remember watching movies there......

How about a brandy?

Thanks Richard, for the Happy Birthday.

Is there any Diana Krall on the juke box?

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by amoore

Is there any Diana Krall on the juke box?

I just put a diana krall song on the iTunes here for ya! (I LOVE her).

slick
12-31-2003, 09:52 PM
Oh yea, Drive-In Movies. What a trip!!!! I was part of the era that you really did stick a couple of people in the trunk and only pay for the driver :D :D :D

Actually the last of our drive-in's finally gave way to a mall just last year I think. The Hillcrest Drive-In was THE place to go if you were anybody, and talk about cheap. Later on they started charging by the car instead of per person. $6 would get you in for a triple bill that ended at 2am.

Sleep tight DDM. Hi amoore. Glad you could make it. Again I ask, where is your husband??? He hasn't been on for a while.

Tray: I've just popped open another bottle of bubbly. Can you please help me by passing it around?? I've got to go clean up in the back. I'm hearing noises from the L&F again. Why does this always happen when I'm behind the bar????

trayi52
12-31-2003, 09:59 PM
I don't know, sure you didn't leave one of those haz mat guys in there?? ;)

Sure I will help!!:) :D

slick
12-31-2003, 10:08 PM
Thanks Tray. You're a real sport. I'm glad you joined PT.

Hey Babs: Can I get you anything??? You look so cozy sitting there by the fire.:) :) Which reminds me, maybe I should go out back and bring in some more wood. The patrons may be few, but we certainly need to keep the homefires burning.

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 10:16 PM
ya know... my throat hurts a bit from the loud bar i was at before.... how about a hot buttered rum? and a little throw for my feet.

(okay, it's official, im in my jammies, and not using punctuation. im definitely NOT going to the party i was invited to....)

slick
12-31-2003, 10:19 PM
Babs: here's a special blanket that my Mom gave me last Christmas. See the cats on it??? How typical :D :D

HBR coming up. DONE!! Warning: it may not be as good as Richard's......

trayi52
12-31-2003, 10:22 PM
Heres you a throw for your feet, slick can get the Hot Buttered Rum, it is soo good.:)

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 10:25 PM
Babs: here's a special blanket that my Mom gave me last Christmas. See the cats on it??? How typical :D :D

HBR coming up. DONE!! Warning: it may not be as good as Richard's......
thanks! and im sure the rum will be JUSt as good as you know who's.... ;)

slick
12-31-2003, 10:29 PM
Well, I think I'll go and put on the chicken wings now. After all, it's NYE and we need to have some munchies.

3 types: BBQ, Honey Garlic, and Spicy. Take your pick. They will be done in about 20 min.

Just relax Babs......let the rum do it's thing ;) ;) Just don't fall asleep under the pool table. You might not be found until morning.

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 10:32 PM
got bleu cheese dressing for those wings? yum!
never fear, i wont be moving from this chair near the fire. no possibility of pool table sleeping here.

trayi52
12-31-2003, 10:37 PM
I just looked at the tv, the Iron chef is cooking a chicken with its head and its feet, oh bad! Switch the channel!

Give me a Hot Butttered Rum! Quick!

slick
12-31-2003, 10:41 PM
Tray: HBR DONE!!

I don't eat anything that's looking back at me!!!! EEWWWWW!!!

amoore
12-31-2003, 10:43 PM
Babolaypo I'm so glad you have Diana , could you play "Peel me a Grape"

I wish they would bring back the drive-in movies.

Mahayana is sitting over there waiting to hear Diana Krall sing "How Deep is the Ocean."

Hi Slick! It is cool, all of us being together on New Years Eve!

Tray, I see you have Grover here.
:)

trayi52
12-31-2003, 10:45 PM
Nooo I don't want anything that still has its head or its feet, yuk!

Time for a Joke!!

It's Time For All The New Year's Eve Parties...
and a good time to remind everyone of
The Five Stages Of Drunkenness

Stage 1 - SMART- This is when you suddenly become an expert on
every subject in the known Universe. You know you know everything
and want to pass on your knowledge to anyone who will listen. At this
stage you are always RIGHT. And of course the person you are
talking to is very WRONG. This makes for an interesting
argument when both parties are SMART.

Stage 2 - GOOD LOOKING- This is when you realize that you are the
BEST LOOKING person in the entire bar and that people fancy you.
You can go up to a perfect stranger knowing they fancy you and
really want to talk to you. Bear in mind that you are still SMART,
so you can talk to this person about any subject under the sun.

Stage 3 - RICH- This is when you suddenly become the richest
person in the world. You can buy drinks for the entire bar
because you have an armoured truck full of money parked
behind the bar. You can also make bets at this stage, because
of course, you are still SMART, so naturally you win all your
bets. It doesn't matter how much you bet 'cos you are RICH.
You will also buy drinks for everyone that you fancy, because
now you are the BEST LOOKING person in the world.

Stage 4 - BULLET PROOF- You are now ready to pick fights with
anyone and everyone especially those with whom you have been betting
or arguing. This is because nothing can hurt you. At this point you can
also go up to the partners of the people who you fancy and challenge
to a battle of wits or money. You have no fear of losing this battle
because you are SMART, you are RICH and hell, you're
BETTER LOOKING than they are anyway!

Stage 5 - INVISIBLE- This is the Final Stage of Drunkenness. At
this point you can do anything because NO ONE CAN SEE YOU.
You dance on a table to impress the people who you fancy because the
rest of the people in the room cannot see you. You are also invisible to
the person who wants to fight you. You can walk through the street
singing at the top of your lungs because no one can see or hear you
and because you're still SMART you know all the words.

slick
12-31-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi Slick! It is cool, all of us being to gether on New Years Eve!:)
Yeah, do we have a life or what!!!!:eek: :p :rolleyes:

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Babolaypo I'm so glad, you have Diana , could you play "Peel me a grape"

Tray, I see you have Grover here.

LOL. i JUST did. seriously!!! it's my all time favorite of hers! "polar bear rug me" my favorite line!

slick
12-31-2003, 10:56 PM
Tray: LOL I've been at all 5 stages!!!!

Babs: Polar Bear Rug??? Sorry, you'll have to go to a specialty store for that. We don't kill animals in this bar.

Mahayana: don't just sit there...get up and shake your bootie!!!!

Ouch....was that Grover crawling up my leg???

OK, chicken wings are ready. Dig in folks. Here's the bleu cheese dressing along with some garlic/honey dip.

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 11:02 PM

Babs: Polar Bear Rug??? Sorry, you'll have to go to a specialty store for that. We don't kill animals in this bar.
okay, okay, but MAN you gotta admit, these are som GREAT lyrics:

Peel me a grape, crush me some ice
skin me a peach, save the fuzz for my pillow
talk to me nice, talk to me nice,
you gotta wine me and dine me
don't try to fool me, bejewel me
either amuse me or lose me
I'm getting hungry, peel me a grape
pop me a cork, french me a fry
crack me a nut, bring a bowl fulla of bon-bons
chill me some wine, keep standing by
just entertain me, champagne me
show me you love me, kid glove me
best way to cheer me, cashmere me
here's how to be an agreeable chap
love me and leave me in lyxury's lap
hop when I holler skip when I snap
when I say, "do it" jump to it
send out for scoch, call me a cab
cut me a rose make my tea with the petals
just hang around, pick up the tab
never out think me, just mink me
polar bear rug me, don't bug me
new Thunderbird me, you heard me

amoore
12-31-2003, 11:17 PM
Babolapo, aren't those the coolest lyrics? The way Diana sings !I just love it.

I think Mahayana is peeling us all a grape.:D

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 11:20 PM
Babolapo, aren't those the coolest lyrics? The way Diana sings !I just love it.

I think Mahayana is peeling us all a grape.:D

cool lyrics sung in the sexist voice bar none.

Corinna
01-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi guys IGuess what I don't have to do food duty at the neighbors they decided to be at the other daughters in another town. Ijust watch Ross the intern drop the ball on Jay Leno . My daughter used to date him(Ross) before he discovered his differnce. OH my God Tom Jones is on shaking his booty drool drool.
We are spoiled here we still have a drive in . It's just about the only time I get to go to the movies.
Where did you all hide Richard?
Still have 15 minutes till our midnight. Happy new year to you all.

RICHARD
01-01-2004, 12:40 AM
look at all of you!

I decided to stop in......actually I am 30, 00 feet over the pacific
headed to the Bikini Atoll for NY's lunch.....:rolleyes:

lol.....

It's 10:30 and bed is looking good!

Rule #12 for drummers:

When bed looks better than 'Party All Night' you need to wake up later in the day.

But I do have to say that one thing that tickles me to death is seeing you guys keeping the party moving.

Bleu cheese dressing..

I was thinking about a place that made Bleu Cheese Burgers.
It went out of business years ago but I remember the place for the eight years they took off my life because I ate that stuff....

I come to the bar and look.....it's BLEU CHEESE!!

LOLOLOLOL

Ahem, Light's please!!!!!!!!!!!

Your bartender is officailly toasted tonight.

It only took 35 weeks and a few egg nogs....

I hope that all you LURKERS out there that don't have the "bits"
to stop in, will in 2004. Your life is not complete until you join us for one session and a visit to the Lost and Found.

I dare you!

And I love you all.

Baby Bottom?

Wrap that sucker in a Pamper and load it up.

Those are the real heroes in life.

Moms all across the world.

They raise the sons who grow up and make life
complicated sometimes.....

But they ALWAYS stand by their kids.:)

Miss Meow
01-01-2004, 12:46 AM
Richard, happy new year!

If it's 10.30pm there, and it's 5.30pm the next day here, you're about 19 hours behind us. I didn't think the time zone was so big :) But fret not, you'll wake up to a sunny, clear day (damn shame I can't pick those lotto numbers a day ahead ... )

If your stocktake shows a few missing bottles of champagne, put them on my tab :)

RICHARD
01-01-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Richard, happy new year!

(damn shame I can't pick those lotto numbers a day ahead ... )

If your stocktake shows a few missing bottles of champagne, put them on my tab :)

Thanks,

No lotto numbers --but how's about that American football?

Go ahead. Don't worry about the tab.......Because you are the first patron at Thursday's, you have Carte Blanche.

Since you might catch the Rose Parade at some ungodly hour
(damn American's.......they do march to a different drummer...)
Don't think that the weather is always perfect.

You'd have to find out for yourself.

;)

slick
01-01-2004, 03:47 AM
I slept through it all.......

I started to watch the celebrations at 11pm and here I am waking up at 1:45 on the couch. I see Richard's been in and gone. Oh well, I'll just turn off all the lights and lock up for the night. Gee I didn't even get a NYE kiss......:(

Should old acquaintance be forgot.....
La la la la la la la

Sleep tight everyone. May 2004 bless you with good health and happiness.

Hey I just thought of something.....if Richard's last name is Mena, does that make Eddie Mr. Mena Paws?????

I kill me......no really......:D :D

amoore
01-01-2004, 08:11 AM

Hey I just thought of something.....if Richard's last name is Mena, does that make Eddie Mr. Mena Paws?????

I kill me......no really......:D :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slick, LOL! YOU funny girl!

lbaker
01-01-2004, 08:37 AM
WELL DANG! How could I have missed the whole party?? Maybe after reading Richards "out with the old" I thought I was barred ("barred" get it? hahahaha) Got off work early and couldn't get back on the 'puter until this a.m. Had/have fire going since last night and when alarm went off at 5 (alarm meaning the dogs) I went into the living room thinking I had to go to work and there sat my son & his best friend Craig still playing cards (since last night:eek: ) and Ken (son) said "MOM, you don't have to go to work today.. come sit by the fire" I did. ahhhhh. I like babies bottoms almost as much as puppy bellies. I'll have one of each, or two. Hair of the dog anyone? I'll pour. Gini, where is that recipe of Pam's for those cookies? Wonderful, gentle wishes to everyone for this next year.

Mena Paws - OH GROAN (snicker)

amoore
01-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Ibaker,I would like a coffee. Should I make a big pot of coffee?:)

lbaker
01-01-2004, 09:15 AM
Sure, Amoore (a poet and don't know it *eww groan again*) I have fresh ground beans and will put a bottle of Kahlua on the bar for anyone that wants a splash. I also have fresh farm heavy cream from a cow I happen to know. And SHE'S NOT MAD. A little angry maybe, my hands were cold. :rolleyes: :p ;) By the way, it's Lbaker.. it just looks funny when i type in lower case.
Laurie Baker (lbaker)

amoore
01-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Sorry about spelling your name wrong.:o

Lbaker, I sure would love some of that Kahlua, My favorite drink!:D

slick
01-01-2004, 10:09 AM
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!
I can't believe our weather. Yesterday it was dark and snowing all day long and this morning the beautiful blue sky is only showing a few fluffy white clouds with a reddish glow. Well, that's the west coast for you.

Did everyone have a good time last night??? You all need to check in and report. Where's Gini??? I know she went out last night....but did she return???????

Thanks for putting on the coffee amoore. I guess it's officially Thursday so the REAL party can get started. I'll just tidy up a bit around here and be right back.

lbaker
01-01-2004, 10:58 AM
I forgot to mention what I'm cooking back here in the kitchen today! OK, maybe it's a "Southern Thang" but we must have blackeyed peas for good luck. Always on New Years day. So I'm fixing up a large pork roast (with saurkraut for Jenny & I) and a pot of buttery, garlicky blackeyed peas and corn bread. I'll fix up some other greens for those that need it but we must eat at least ONE blackeyed pea for good luck. Ain't nothin' but a thing..:rolleyes: By the way Richard, that DOTD was verrry yummy!:cool:

slick
01-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Laurie, that sounds sooooo yummy!!!! You sure don't get cookin like that up here. I'll give you a hand *clap clap*:) :)

robinh
01-01-2004, 12:22 PM
Well, I did it again this year. Slept through the new year celebration. I guess I've hit an age where it isn't that big of a deal. I was up at around 12:30 when the Molly o'clock went off. She had to potty, so everyone went out in shifts. You know three out, one in, two out, one in, one out - gets really crazy. I have to count to make sure I have them all in before I go back to bed.

But the interesting thing. One of our neighbors was shooting off a rifle/shotgun at 12:30 a.m. First I heard the howl of a coyote, then the shot, then the squawking of the canadian geese on the pond down the road. Definitely different than fireworks - weirder too. Must be them country folks celebrating. :confused:

gini
01-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Christmas Cookie Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequilla

Sample the Cuervo to check quality.
Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo
again, to be sure it is of the highest
quality, pour one level cup and drink.

Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one
cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.

Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.
At this point it's best to make sure the
Cuervo is still OK, try another cup ...
just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2
leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in
the cup of dried fruit, Pick the
frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the
turner. If the fried druit gets stuck
in the beaterers just pry it loose with
a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to
check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.
Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon
juice and strain your nuts. Add one
table. Add a spoon of sugar, or
somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash
the oven.

Turn the cake tin 360 degrees
and try not to fall over. Don't forget
to beat off the turner. Finally, throw
the bowl through the window, finish the
Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the
dishwasher.

CHERRY MISTMAS

mAP (OOOPS) I mean Pam, Laurie and I cried that tecipe that you gave us........and it is soooo good dat we yelled up Slick and we bade annuder match....and then.......Oh, I don't remember why....or even where - or maybe even who..........

Parade? Oh, turn down the sound, why is there a parade on television.........oh, my poor bed, I mean head.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2004, 01:09 PM
WAKIE! WAKIE! EVERYONE!
IT'S A NEW DAY AND A NEW YEAR!!!
I BROUGHT A HUGH BOTTLE OF ASPRIN FOR ALL OF YOU WITH HEADACHES TODAY AND AM WILLING TO SHARE!!!:D

slick
01-01-2004, 01:20 PM
HI MOFF!!!!!!! HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY!!!!!

RICHARD HASN'T CHECKED IN YET........ANYONE SEEN HIM??

OOps sorry Gini.....I'll speak softer.......
I don't remember making those cookies last night??????

gini
01-01-2004, 01:32 PM
MOFF......you are a genius! Thank you!

Yeah, Slick, don't you remember that guy that showed up........?
Jose Ka-where-fo - or something like that.........he had this recipe with him and dared us to try it! Now where did he go?

trayi52
01-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I think I might take a couple of asprin, I made the cookies just like the recipe gini put up, but things just did not turn out too well.

I greased the oven, it caught on fire. I kept checking the Cuervo, alot! It was still good, and wasn't spoiling or anyting.

I had trouble trying to find a fluffy bowl though, know where I can get a fluffy bowl???

I jest beet the stuffin oout of the mixture, oops I thinkk I forgot to turn off the mixtrue thingyy.. be rigth bac ,

okay i thowedd the fulffy bowll tahrough the waimddoww, I just cnat't tgest the oven to fit in the dang diswasherr!!

These coookiesss ar e awfll, tyeh taste kind a salty fror some reasn.

Were the aspeing go, head not feeells so gosh darn ggoood.

maybe a hotbutteredrum do the josb!!;)

gini
01-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I thought so - that guy had all of us making cookies - but I sure don't remember any cookies coming out of the oven - only flames.

Now was that guy really Richard in disguise?

Boy, those aspirin from MOFF sure did the trick!!

slick
01-01-2004, 01:51 PM
MOFF......you are a genius! Thank you!

Yeah, Slick, don't you remember that guy that showed up........?
Jose Ka-where-fo - or something like that.........he had this recipe with him and dared us to try it! Now where did he go?
Ohhhhh, that guy!!!! I thought he was a Haz-Mat guy and stuffed him in the L&F. I kinda remember getting out the mixing bowl, but everything's fuzzy after that. Gee, I hope I had a good time :confused: :confused:
Tray: HBR coming up. Hair of the dog I think they call it???

gini
01-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Tray are you alright?

And Laurie - where in the heck is Laurie? Oh Oh, we had better look for her!!

trayi52
01-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Much better now, that Hot Buttered Rum really hit the spot along with the asprins.

But those were lousy cookies, much too salty and very burnt, I can't believe I even tried them!!;)

RICHARD
01-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Happy, everyone!

I woke up early to see the planes fly over the Rose parade....I can see them go from where I live.....Last year we had an airshow right before the football game then I went back to sleep.....again...

I am glad to see everyone bright and chipper today.....
I did stop in last night, shows you what exciting plans I had for NYE.... and I tied one on.......

I am getting ready for tonight, stacking up firewood and getting something to eat.........I do have to work tomorrow so......no more drinking for this kid......well maybe one more.....lol...

You all seem to have things under control so i'll check back with you all later on?

momoffuzzyfaces
01-01-2004, 03:17 PM
Now gang, no asprins with liquor! I don't want you sick or worse! (shakes finger and head)

I still have half a bottle of white grape juice if anyone is interested. I'm sneaking off to watch a couple of movies I taped last night. TBN showed Left Behind and Left Behind 2. I've read the books now want to see if the movies are as good.

lbaker
01-01-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm baaack - back, bake? Anyhoo.. I be here and ready to ruuumble. One of these days I'm going to have to get these gadgets fixed (computer keeps messing up on me, only lets me on for a few minutes at a time - my home 'puter that is). Let's see, where was I? Oh yeah.. I have a babies bottom and a kaluah & coffee and whatever in front of me and some weird Hose-A guy crawling around in the kitchen. Best take care of business now. Happy
*hic* New Year ;)
Love,
Hose-B

slick
01-01-2004, 04:32 PM
I'm back too!!! Went to the car wash.....I figure if I don't feel like doing housework, at least I can start off the year with a clean truck......:)

Richard, tomorrow's a workday for me too. No rest for the wicked I guess.

Laurie: careful with those hose guys....some of them have strange tools......

Not much happening on my side of the world today so I guess I settle down with the kitties and see what's on telly.....too early in the day for drinkin.....but as the song says "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". Set em up bartender :D

later.

lbaker
01-01-2004, 04:41 PM
I work tomorrow as well. Too bad, so sad but I have to do the print order for our journal so... maybe I can sneak out early, especially since all the "bosses" will be off. Pull up a chair Slick, I've enough pork roast & side dishes for us all. Let's eat well and get a good nights sleep. Oh, right - you guys are West Coast so have plenty of time left on this first day of the year. Enough time before dinner to bring some more wood in. Fires make me soooo sleepy.
Take care of your tools and your tools will take care of YOU ;)

slick
01-01-2004, 05:31 PM
MMMMMM good eats Laurie. I wish I could cook that that!!! I know what you mean about fires. My other condo had a wood fireplace and although the gathering and carrying of wood was a pain, it was worth it. There's nothing quite like sitting around a warm fire with 2 kitties to keep you company. That's my version of stress relief.:) It's only 3:30 here so we've lots of daylight left. Are you 3 or 4 hrs ahead??

MOFF: Thanks for the grape juice. Goes down nicely. Don't stay away too long, OK??

Tray is being awfully quiet...........and where is amoore??

trayi52
01-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Sorry, I went to sleep, and woke up with Grover sleeping on my face. LOL.

I don't know where amoore is, haven't seen her all day, maybe she partied too hard last night?
:confused:

slick
01-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Well, I guess everyone is getting an early night. Guess I clean up this mess, lock up and go home. My my, what are all these burnt cookies doing over here?? Deep 6.

Nighty night peeps.

amoore
01-01-2004, 09:52 PM
I am heading to bed too. Not feeling well.:(

We had computer troubles today.:(

WE went to Wally world and got grocerys, andy did buy me a present there, a DVD, The history of Harley- Davidson.:D

Is it just me? Does anyone else get depressed talking to their kid ?

Does anyone else do black eyed peas for new years? The casheir told a funny, because a woman was buying blackeyed peas. She said a customer said she put dried blackeyed peas in her wallet because it would give you the luck of always having money in your wallet! Said the woman said she had done that for two years and seem to have more money and believed it was the luck of the blackeyed peas.

Well, I better get to bed. I got to go and buy some dried blackeyed peas in the morning.

Corinna
01-02-2004, 12:28 AM
I hope someone is still here. I had a very lazy day. My son left at noon to go play pool with his uncles and new brother(in-law soon) Tim and I went got groceries and a couple movies. Then vegged in front of the tv . not something we do often. We wanted to beat the strom coming in. Since noon (11:30 now)
we have had 9 inches of snow , but its drifting I have a 4ft drift behind my car.
thankfully the kids all decided they didn't have enough cash to go play pool, so my 2 played video games and the kid is spending the night at my daughters house. Gives me lots of time to pack for my business dinner in Missoula tommorrow , glad hubby is driving they are expecting more strom in the afternoon. we hope to make it there between stroms. It's about a 2 hour drive.
Poor Merlin had to have Lady brake the snow path to do his outie tonight. the snow has him hidden . Good thing we have that big goofy newfy, or Merlin would have me out shoveling a path for him.

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 11:15 AM
hi everyone and Happy...again.

I think that we can keep the place open for today,
since we had a holiday yesterday....

I am drinking coffee this morning....anyone?

robinh
01-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Hot chocolate would be lovely, please. It's foggy and misty here. Yuck, makes me cold to the bones.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I was supposed to have the day off, but worked part of it.

Did anyone ever figure out who the L&F guy was?

gini
01-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Hot chocolate with some marshmallows - boy, does that ever sound good! I haven't had a cup of chocolate for years.

Richard, maybe we should just clean out the L & F once and for all and take an inventory of what is in there.........ugh - what a thought! Or, we could just put a lock on the door and forget that it ever existed.

trayi52
01-02-2004, 11:35 AM
Hey don't get rid of the lost and found! There might be some good stuff in there! Well, you could throw away the guy thats supposed to be in there, don't need 'That'.

I will take some coffee, I cannot function for the day if I don't have my coffee. I tell my grandkids do not attempt to bother me until I have had my morning coffee!

Thanks Richard!

Willie

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by robinh
Hot chocolate would be lovely, please. It's foggy and misty here. Yuck, makes me cold to the bones.

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday. I was supposed to have the day off, but worked part of it.

Did anyone ever figure out who the L&F guy was?

I think the L&F guy is the bar "spirit"....He's anyone you want him to be;)

Hot Choco for you!

Work? on NYD.......I have to say I was thinking about work too....

DONE!

Gini...

Hot Choco for you!

Clean it out or a lock and forget about it??

I think that should be our April Fool's day thread.

DONE!

Tray,

We could have a rummage sale with the L&F stuff...

Hot Coffee....DONE!

amoore
01-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Ill take a pot of coffee please, Richard?

Did anyone have a wild New Year?

gini
01-02-2004, 11:56 AM
April Fool's Day is a Thursday this year..............

A rummage sale..........not a bad idea - lock it up until then and then let everyone "rummage" to their heart's content.

I am not going near that place, those Haz Mat guys weren't that cute!!

slick
01-02-2004, 12:27 PM
Good morning folks!!! Another day, another dollar, or in my case 50 cents.:D :D It's going to be a long workday for me so I guess I'll start off slow.

Make it a double please.....:eek: :eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
01-02-2004, 12:45 PM
PLEASE DRINK A TOAST TO MY AUNT MARY!!!

I got word last night that my mother's oldest sister, Mary passed away yesterday morning. She had been in a nursing home for about a year and hated it. She had Alzheimer's and no longer remembered anyone. I wasn't real close to her but she would have been my guardian if the need had risen. No one loved cocktail hour more than my Aunt Mary. I want to celebrate her life, not mourn her passing. She would love having a round drank in her honor.

(raises glass of white grape juice)
Aunt Mary, thank you for volunteering to help raise me and my brother if needed. Luckily, for your sanity, the need never arose. Never the less, I am grateful you and Uncle Sam were there and willing. I know there is a big party in Heaven right now and you are being reunited with all the family. I wish we had been closer. Give everyone a big kiss from me. Thanks for being my aunt! I'll see you again someday! Oh, and feel free to pet any of my critters that stray your way! They would love it!

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Ill take a pot of coffee please, Richard?

Did anyone have a wild New Year?

No wild new year here....pretty safe and sane!

Coffee for you!

DONE!

Gini,

lol, once the masks came off.....:eek:
It might be the uniforms..nothing says, MAN,
like a baggy white isolation suit..It leaves so much to the imagination....just kidding...

AFD on thursday....now if we have planned this...

Slick,

what are we gonna do with you??

DONE!

MOFF,

One for Aunt Mary.....

To Aunt Mary, Now that she's shed her earthly being may she spread her wings, adjust her halo and enjoy being free from any human pain.

WGJ...

DONE!

slick
01-02-2004, 12:51 PM
MOFF: My Grandmother Rose loved happy hour too and I'm sure the two of them are raising their glasses as we speak.

**raises glass**
To you Aunt Mary and to you Rose. May you be best friends forever and watch over us all.

Sorry for your loss MOFF.:(

Richard: :D Take a number. My family and friends are asking the same question.....

catland
01-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone - happy day after new years. On New Years day we had six inches of snow (which is a lot for us) - it was so pretty - but now its turning to slush - at least the roads are clear today.

No wild NYE here - we did torch the tree as promised, and lit off some really nice illegal fire works. I almost didn't make it - I was starting to fade around 9:30pm and the thought of going to bed right then was really tempting, but I managed to hold on.

What's with these cookies? - they're kind of salty and it looks like someone tried to scrape off the burned parts of them - something my mom used to always do to toast. You would think that a woman capable of raising five children would have been capable of making toast without burning it.;)

MOFF - speaking of toast, a toast to your aunt Mary - she is in a better place now, with all of her memories once again intact.

amoore
01-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the coffee. Now that I've had one cup, could you slide that bottle of Kahlua over here?

MOFF, sorry for your loss.

These cookies are not that bad..what kind are they anyway???

This coffee is much better than that green stuff I got a few weeks back!:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-02-2004, 01:35 PM
Just wanted to check in and say "Hi and Happy New Year" to everyone. I'm back from vacation and from being sick, and am quite ready for a DOTD - whatever that is. I haven't read through this whole thread yet, so just give me the drink and I'll be back after some serious reading. ;) :D

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
and am quite ready for a DOTD - whatever that is. I haven't read through this whole thread yet, so just give me the drink and I'll be back after some serious reading. ;) :D

Think of the surprise when the realizes she has a "baby's bottom" in her hand.
;)

Thank you and

DONE!

Amoore,

Done, regular coffee...no green stuff!
Don't ask about the cookies....

DONE!

Catland...

Ahem, Illegal fireworks????

lol....so did I......

Those cookies!!!!!

Where was Laurie when we needed her?

amoore
01-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Richard I know you like funny stuff, You like all of us.:D
You should read the "Drs quotes" in General! They are so funny!

Thanks for the coffee!:)

Are these cookies from burger king? I think they have that flame broiled Flavor.:p

slick
01-02-2004, 04:43 PM
OK, I've got another 4 hrs to go before I can go home.

I'll take another double please??? Hmmmm, maybe I should try a cookie.........

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 04:48 PM
OK, I've got another 4 hrs to go before I can go home.

I'll take another double please??? Hmmmm, maybe I should try a cookie.........

a NATAL GLUTEUS MAXIMUS.

DONE!

trayi52
01-02-2004, 04:52 PM
Slick don't eat the cookie!!!! It was made from the weird recipe posted on here. *too late slick ate the cookie*

Oh well, I think I will stick with the Hot Buttered Rum....., but uhh, no cookies for me...please.

trayi52
01-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Slick? Slick? How was the cookie? By the way how are you feeling after that cookie?:confused:

slick
01-02-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Slick? Slick? How was the cookie? By the way how are you feeling after that cookie?:confused:
I feel.....I feel......very.......oh how can I put it......

I haven't felt this way since the 60's....:eek: :eek: Look at the pretty stars..........

I think I had better sit down by the fire.......

trayi52
01-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Cool, it that cookie make you feel that way I'll take a few of them myself, no matter the taste! I wanna see the pretty stars too!!

Richard stay away from me with that hammer, thats not the kind of stars I want to see, I wanna see the kind slick is seeing!!;)

*ducks behind slick*

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Cool, it that cookie make you feel that way I'll take a few of them myself, no matter the taste! I wanna see the pretty stars too!!

Richard stay away from me with that hammer, thats not the kind of stars I want to see, I wanna see the kind slick is seeing!!;)

*ducks behind slick*

LOL. I was going to hand some rummage sale signs
for our April Fool's Day/L&F Fundraiser.....

amoore
01-02-2004, 06:33 PM
They are flame broiled cookies! Yummy!

Slick, those stars are pretty! Looks just like Sam Elliot, and Cat Stevens!

Hey willie, Grover sure likes those cookies!:D

gini
01-02-2004, 06:35 PM
ATTENTION!!

Anything that you would like to get rid of, please feel free to put in the L & F before April 1st. It will be sold on April 1st. to bolster the ongoing funds to keep Thursdays up and running.

It cannot be alive (and it cannot be dead either).

lbaker
01-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute... Tray, Slick has DUCKS behind her? Or ducks behind her behind? Oh lordy I'm confuzzed again :confused: I put the frazzled, fizzeled cookies in the L&F with the haz-mat guys. How did you get hold of them. Wowzers.. I'm just going to have these gadgets fixed!!

slick
01-02-2004, 06:45 PM
ATTENTION!! Anything that you would like to get rid of,
OK, I'm expert at holding garage sales because I coordinate one every year for the Humane Society.

Now here's what we need:

Tables
Price tags and pens
A place to set up the tables
fanny packs with floats in each one
Volunteers to man the tables
Volunteers to price the items
Volunteers to weed out the junk from the saleable stuff
Vounteers to help set up
Volunteers to take down and put away tables
....the list goes on and on

And people if you are donating clothing, please wash them first. No underlythingies allowed.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lbaker
Wait a minute, wait a minute... Tray, Slick has DUCKS behind her? Or ducks behind her behind? [/QUOTE

**sigh** everyone's a comic.......LOL:D :D

gini
01-02-2004, 06:55 PM

Now here's what we need:

Volunteers to weed out the junk from the saleable stuff

Well, that about sums that up - we may as well forget the whole thing before we go to a lot of trouble.

Do you REALLY think that there is anything worth selling in the L & F?:D

trayi52
01-02-2004, 06:57 PM
Now I'm confused!!:confused: :confused:

slick
01-02-2004, 06:59 PM
Well, that about sums that up - we may as well forget the whole thing before we go to a lot of trouble.

Do you REALLY think that there is anything worth selling in the L & F?:D

Sure. I saw some umbrellas in there along with some pretty good-looking shoes. There's also some coats and sweaters as well.

There is also some pretty tacky looking costumes and we should decide if we are going to keep them or not. Maybe they can be used again for another theme. Richard's grass skirt and coconuts that he used for the Hawaiian theme for instance :D :D

gini
01-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Tray, don't you mind honey - it is very easy to get confused at Thursdays! We won't leave you behind (behind who?) (behind what?)

Slick, you are right, it has been so long since I have been in there I completely forgot about the coconuts. Wow, don't sell those!

What a babe we turned Richard into that day!!

slick
01-02-2004, 07:09 PM
What a babe we turned Richard into that day!!
For a good time call 1-900-BABE :D :D

Well, that's it for me folks. I'm going to fold up my tent and silently steal away. Don't feel like working my full shift today and everyone else is gone.

Catch y'all on the flip side. Be good now. I'm sure Richard will be checking in, and will someone please sweep up all those cookie crumbs??? Thanks. I'll be back in the morning to do major cleanup.

Later.

lbaker
01-02-2004, 07:11 PM
zzzzzzzz zzzzz Snore, just throw a boot on me, I'll be fine. Go'nite.

RICHARD
01-02-2004, 07:12 PM
lol.

me a babe??

in what lifetime??

Thanks Gini for your organizational skills...
we hav three months to plan...

See everyone tomorrow??

Tray,

don't worry we all get that way after thursday....

gini
01-02-2004, 07:19 PM
I am going to hang in here for a bit longer and help clean up.
Those cookies sure did make a mess.

I think we have to drag Pam over here and show her!

Tray, pull up a bar stool and talk to me while I sweep up.

What??? Who is this in the corner with all of the shoes and boots all over her?

lbaker
01-02-2004, 07:27 PM
Dang Gini, you just woke me up! Nevermind, I'm sleeeeepy. Good night you House Of Orange. I'm sooo tired right now I really need to go to my "Bed Of Dogs & Cats" and sleep for a few hours. (I am several hours later than you guys) Later.
L * air kisses to you all * yawn

trayi52
01-02-2004, 07:33 PM
Shoes and boots? Maybe we can sell them at the garage sale!!

The owners don't seem to be around to claim them anyway.

Tell me about Richard in the grass skirt, that has to be a funny story!!;)

gini
01-02-2004, 07:39 PM
You really haven't lived until you see Richard in his grass skirt and coconuts! Man, (or woman) what a pair of legs on that dude!

lbaker
01-02-2004, 11:07 PM
Richard in his grass skirt & coconuts huh? "Well I wish I could shimmy like my sister Kate...." or Richard in his grass skirt! What the - double hocky sticks - am I doing awake again :eek: I must be deranged :rolleyes: That afternoon was soooo funny though, had to have been there Tray.. heh heh heh........ can you sing a song from "South Pacific" ? THERE IS NOTHIN' LIKE A DAME!!!

gini
01-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I swept up the cookie crumbs and looked over at Tray......she was sound asleep by the fire.

I grabbed the rest of the hot coffee, dumped some kahlua in it and next thing I know.........Tray and I are sawing logs..........
talking up a storm. Gad, I hope no one heard us......mumbling away in our sleep - something about good looking dudes in grass skirts.............

Hey, Laurie, glad to see you came too (two ) (to) long enough to say hello.

This has been one weird day...........

But South Pacific, now that's my kinda musical.................Happy, Happy, Happy Talk, Talk about things you ...................

trayi52
01-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Wow, I was just having this dream about seeing Richard dancing and swaying with a grass skirt on! What a dream!!! So real..

He's going to have to do that again, LOL, that I have to see for real.;)

lbaker
01-02-2004, 11:29 PM
BLOODY MARY IS THE GIRL FOR ME.... hahahaha I'll make the next round/night caps whilst we sweep up.

gini
01-02-2004, 11:32 PM
OOOOOO, can we talk about Rosanno Brazzi? Is that how you spell his name - who cares - now that guy I had a serious thing for - does that put me into some dangerous age category?

slick
01-03-2004, 07:28 AM
Oh gosh, I see everyone is still sleeping.

**smirk - should I bang some pots?? **

OK EVERYONE!!! WAKEY WAKEY.........IT'S TIME TO CLEAN UP NOW..

I see you guys were doing a bit of partying last night. Place doesn't look too bad. I'll put on the coffee and start cleaning up.

Gini...Tray....come on guys, rise and shine and show me your sparkly faces :D :D

Laurie, is that you in the L&F??? I thought I told you to stay out of there. Nothing good can come of it. We'll organize the stuff later for the garage sale.

Gini...any chance we could take the grass skirt and coconuts to your place for the summer BBQ????? Who is this Rosanno guy and is he single??:D

lbaker
01-03-2004, 07:56 AM
*wakes up, throws boot off the bed* Whenever I wake up and find a boot in my bed it's either from a HazMat guy or I know I've been snoring too loudly. I won't ask which this morning :o She starts to sing... picking up the trash, put it in the bag - boom boom Slick, you never saw the show South Pacific? Rossano Brassi (sp?) was the older guy on the other island that Mitzi Gayner - I think it was Mitzi Gayner - fell in love with.. ahhhhh what a movie. Heavy sigh. Starts to sing again gonna wash that man right outta my hair.....

amoore
01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
Funny Lbaker!:D Funny song!

I have a big pot of coffee, would you like acup before we start in cleaning?

Hey Slick are you awake yet? SLICK!

Tray, Grover is sleeping on your face, Or you Look like Grover?:D

trayi52
01-03-2004, 12:41 PM
What? What? Oh thats Grover, I thought I need to start shaving.

I'll take some coffee, and then I will help clean this place up. I like that song Lauie, loved that movie too. Right now I don't remember that much about the movie though.

Kind of confused again, I was dreaming of some dude with a grass skirt on again...:confused:

amoore
01-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Wow! I had the same dream! but the dude I seen was singing a Lucinda Williams song " Righteously"