PDA

View Full Version : Stupid friends...

Foam
12-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Don't you just hate it when people make fun of you for showing affection for your dog? Why is that so wrong? :confused:
I got a new sweatshirt for my birthday. Pics included at the end. It says I LOVE MY COLLIE on the front and ALOT on the back.
When I went out with my friends on Friday, I wore it (because I wear it EVERYWHERE :D I love it so much) and I got made fun of...:rolleyes: Okay? Suddenly it's not cool to love your dogs?

To top it all off, they made fun of OZZY! They said he was ugly! :mad: :mad: :mad: I got pissed, and left early after yelling at them. Who here thinks Ozzy is ugly? Um..nobody, I'm sure. :rolleyes: (not in a bragging sense)

Also, they said I was obsessed with my dogs. No..I just love them. Having a dog breed sweatshirt is obsessing over your dog? Stupid 'friends'. Ugh.

Dogs really are true friends. They don't care about what you wear or look like...sometimes I wish it was only me, Ozzy, Darlin and Pet Talk in this world. :D
Okay, pics! This sweatshirt is so awesome. :D (By the way I'm wearing it right now. ;))
Front:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/pc1ce6666f2cfd774333bdba941ebb665/fa451d6e.jpg
Back:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p730ff5140dcde9e62d401c74e52f22d2/fa451d66.jpg

bluekat
12-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Some people just don't understand:mad: :( I hate it when friends do that, especially if they don't have pets and they make fun of you for being obsessed with your pets. they don't understand what its like to have a dog or a cat, they're probably just jealous.

and I love that sweatshirt:D

forgot to add: Ozzy is NOT ugly! I know how that feels, since I have a Persian, some people say Persians are ugly because of their flat faces, and it makes them look "weird":rolleyes:

K9soul
12-31-2003, 11:22 AM
*gasp* Ozzy ugly?? :eek:

Ok, your "friends" who said that need an eye exam. I'd tell them they could learn a lot from Ozzy on how to be good friends. :rolleyes:

I'm sure you know everyone here will back you up on this one!

Glacier
12-31-2003, 11:23 AM
OHHHHH, do that make that shirt for siberians? I'd love one!!

and Ozzy is adorable!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 11:24 AM
I want one of those!! :D Where did you get it?
Aw...just forget about them. Ozzy's gorgeous and we all know it. They're just jealous. :) I had someone say that about my folder (covered in Molly and Daisy pictures) that they were ugly, not important, etc...I just said "Well, they look alot better than you!". ;) A lot of my friends don't know a Golden Retriever from a Poodle. :rolleyes:

Foam
12-31-2003, 11:24 AM
I agree. We saw Peter Pan together yesterday, and you know the St. Bernard they have in the movie? Well they leave her out in the snow one night, and show her barking and whining. I was saying how mean it is to leave a dog in the nosw, and stuff. My friend just said 'Gosh, Cj, save it for your own family. You're too obsessed with dogs, god..'

I was like...okay? :eek: They just don't understand. You're right.
Thanks! :D

Foam
12-31-2003, 11:27 AM
Whoa, that's alot of replies. :eek:
Thanks for your support guys. :) Means alot to me. :D *hugs to all* Ozzy says thank you. :D

Haha Julie! They look better than you. Haha, I have to use that sometime!

I got the sweatshirt from CafePress. I made it. This is my Collie Holic store! =) Click (http://www.cafeshops.com/collieholics)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 11:30 AM
Ahhhh....I must get one of those! :D I want the hoodie.

Lol, yeah and it works everytime. :)

primabella
12-31-2003, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Foam
I agree. We saw Peter Pan together yesterday, and you know the St. Bernard they have in the movie? Well they leave her out in the snow one night, and show her barking and whining.

Poor Nana :(

CJ your friends make me laugh. Ozzy, ugly? Please :rolleyes:

That sweatshirt is great and if you're friends can't understand or accept your love for animals or even for your own dog...well, there's a problem. Can't you tell your friends that that gets you upset? My best friend hates dogs but she likes Mickey and she doesn't mind me talking about him. Even if they don't like dogs, they need to respect YOU.

You're right though, dogs are true friends. They don't care if you are male or female, black or white, Jewish or Muslim, gay or straight, handicapped or not...they don't care. Ahh you gotta love em. :D

Foam
12-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Thanks, primabella...that really means a lot. :) I totally get what you're saying about respect but..neh. They just don't care. :rolleyes:

Moose
12-31-2003, 11:55 AM
Don't worry about it, your friends are idiots. :rolleyes:

First off, Ozzy is gorgeous...and secondly, I LOVE the hoodie! I think I just might need to get one! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 11:58 AM
Hey Brooke, if we both get the hoodie....we'd be even cooler! ;)
There I go again with a mindless post...

binka_nugget
12-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Aw what stupid remarks. Ozzy is GORGEOUS! Don't let them tell you otherwise.

All of my closest friends know I love my dogs more than anything and don't mind me talking about them all day. Once, I was at a coffee shop with a "friend" and we were looking through a dog book. All the pictures were drawings (and not very good I might add). So I said, "that's a weird looking sheltie" because well, the drawing didn't even look close to a sheltie. So she replied back by saying "Well, Kai's even uglier." I nearly lost it. But anyways, don't let them get to you. Just ignore all the ugly comments.

ramanth
12-31-2003, 12:44 PM
They don't sound like friends to me. My good friends pick on me a little about how much I spoil my babies, but they'd never go so far as to hurt my feelings or insult me or the furry ones.

I love the sweatshirt and Ozzy is BEAUTIFUL!! :D

apcrs5122
12-31-2003, 01:09 PM
Don't pay any attention to them. Dogs (and animals in general) are the best, you know it, I know it, and everyone here on Pet Talk knows it, and that's all that matters:) Ozzy is absolutly gorgeous, you love him, and we all do to.

Your sweatshirt is awesome! I love it!:D

carole
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
OZZY you are BEAUTIFUL, and don't let anyone even whisper anything different, I wonder perhaps your friends are Jealous Foam, whatever their problem is, you stick to your guns, and continue showing the love and affection you have for your pets, whether it be on a sweatshirt or whatever, they obviously donot know the feelings associated with loving a pet, and they are missing out BIGTIME. hey the sweat is great by the way and you look cute in it.:)

Foam
12-31-2003, 01:14 PM
*hugs to all*
You guys all make me feel so much better. :D Thanks so much! Maybe they are jealous...but I don't know. One of my friends has two dogs but she never really pays them any attention besides calling one of them retarded or whatever. :rolleyes:

Dixie Belle
12-31-2003, 01:44 PM
Your friends are insane, your dog is beautiful, and you don't need to worry about a thing! I get pickid on some by my dad about how I treat my dogs, but when push comes to shove, my dad would kill someone over them. And I was picked on once at work, but a guy there told them to leave me alone. Even though he thinks I'm nuts 'cause I have large breed dogs, he won't let anyone pick on me over it.

One thing that I have always heard while I was growing up was that the way you treat your pet will show how good of a parent you will be. And I think that is true. Especally now that I'm a mom.

If your friends can't respect you, it may be time to try and find some new ones. I guess I'm just a mean person, because picking on one of my pets will get you kicked out of my house, with no invation to come back. But hold your head high, don't feel ashamed, and by the way, I love the shirt!

K9soul
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
My grandma could never understand my feelings about my dogs either, or my Mom's. She thought my Mom just let me have a dog to kinda indulge me, and that I would "grow out of it." I remember before I got Cody and was talking to her about getting a dog and the kind I wanted and so on, she said "you'll just get bored of it after a couple of months anyway." :rolleyes:

I do truly feel sorry for people who never experience the love of a pet. True love and devotion, and seriously people can learn a lot from animals.

Give Oz a kiss from me :D

Foam
12-31-2003, 02:04 PM
Aww! Thanks guys! :D I know...I yelled at them for calling Ozzy ugly. Convo:
"Gosh, your dog is ugly anyways."
"What!? How the hell can you say that my dog is freaking gorgeous!"
"Not really..his nose is to big"
"It's his breed's apperance, dumb ***" :p
And so on....

Amber
12-31-2003, 02:08 PM
How can anyone say that about Ozzy? Ozzy is the most adorable smooth coat collie! I think your friends are just jealous if you ask me. I get that all the time, my friends know I am "obsessed" with animals. I get joked around all the time, but oh well. I think Ozzy is beautiful.

pitc9
12-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Honey... your friends are OUT OF THERE MINDS!!!

AND the sweatshirt ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Foam
12-31-2003, 02:28 PM
Doesn't it? :D
Thanks gyus. :)

Moose
12-31-2003, 02:35 PM
lol Jules....let's do it. :p

primabella
12-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Foam
Aww! Thanks guys! :D I know...I yelled at them for calling Ozzy ugly. Convo:
"Gosh, your dog is ugly anyways."
"What!? How the hell can you say that my dog is freaking gorgeous!"
"Not really..his nose is to big"
"It's his breed's apperance, dumb ***" :p
And so on....

Of course he has a big nose! :D And it's adorable. I just *love* Mickey's big nose. More of it to kiss. ;)

Foam
12-31-2003, 02:56 PM
Exactly! I love kissing that big Collie shnozz. :D

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 03:11 PM
I can't believe they are that insenstive. Just because your interests are different from them. I wouldn't let it bother me. Your shirt is cute and so is Ozzy! And they are probably jealous. You ought to print this out and show them how many people support you.

Foam
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Haha! That would be an awesome idea. =)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
If they think Ozzy's nose is too long...they wouldn't want to see Molly's! :eek: She has the biggest shnozz in town. ;)

primabella
12-31-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
If they think Ozzy's nose is too long...they wouldn't want to see Molly's! :eek: She has the biggest shnozz in town. ;)

hehe...this gives me an idea for a contest..;)

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 03:36 PM
I always make it clear to people I meet that I love my dogs with all of my heart, that most of my conversations will be dog related, and if they don't like it then they can eat the 'landmines' in my backyard.

That's why all of my friends share some sort of love for animals like I do, and if they don't -- well they're not considered my friends. :p

slick
12-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Foam: You are beautiful and I just love your sweatshirt. As far as I'm concerned, people who make fun of your pets and tease you are not true friends.

True friends will accept you for you and will understand your love for animals.

True friends will not deliberately hurt you with words.

True friends will love you AND your pets. You come as a package deal.

For me, all my friends and acquaintences are animals lovers. And that's just the way it's got to be.

Ignore them Foam. Here comes a hug from me, to you, Ozzy and Darlin.

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 06:23 PM
I LOVE your shirt!!!!

Wished I could find one like that for my cats and for my dog. Guess I just need one for pets in general.

Try not to let them bother you. Trust me, you are on such a higher level than them.

Smilla
12-31-2003, 06:36 PM
I think my coworkers probably think I've gone a little off the deep end, but I don't care. I'll be the first to admit I like dogs more than the "average person." But then I don't aspire to be the "average person." ;)

Your sweatshirt is great! My husband and I have discussed using Cafe Press to develop a line of "mixed-breed positive" goods. (Some of the items we've thought of might cause a fan of pure breeds to raise an eyebrow, but it's all in good fun.)

I got so used to Lefty's big snout that when I went to visit my parents, I was oddly disturbed by the shortness of their Corgi's snouts. :) I'd gotten so used to holding Lefty under the snout and kissing the top of it, and there just wasn't enough room for my hand on the Corgi snouts! I had to hold their faces!

Foam
12-31-2003, 06:59 PM
Aw you guys thank you so much! :D
Hehe...I'll bet you that when Ozzy is full grown, his shnozz will be two times bigger than Molly's. :eek:
I ALWAYS do the hand under the nose, and kiss it thing. That's how I kiss Ozzy goodnight every night. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by primabella
hehe...this gives me an idea for a contest..;)

Oooooh, biggest nose? LOL. :p

Dixie Belle
12-31-2003, 08:22 PM
The first dog I had was a collie. Her name was Lady. Everybody loved that dog!! And thanks to Lady, my childhood was enriched. I couldn't imagine life without a pet. The least amount of dogs I have ever owned at one time are two. (The most is five) And I've always had a cat or two (or three or four sometimes five, or six....my dad really couldn't say no to me....) Then there were hampsters, birds, and now my ferret. I would be bored stiff without my pets for company!

You should print this out and show it to them! Then they can see that there are hundreds of people just as nuts as you supposedly are!!!!!

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Nala has a big nose too. Not nearly as big as Molly's or Ozzy's but it's nig. I love to kiss it. :)

Tonya
12-31-2003, 08:55 PM
That's why I love PT. You guys are my only friends that don't make fun of me for my animal obsession. lol.

KYS
12-31-2003, 09:31 PM
OH GEESH!!!

Are you sure these are true friends?
I think they purposely try to get at your goat,
because they know they can.
So don't let them bother you. :)
You know Oz is beautifull,
so who cares what they think!!

I have doggie sweatshirts/t-shirts too! ,
Maybe because I am an old fart, nobody
dares say anything negative. lol

Foam
12-31-2003, 09:54 PM
Old fart? :eek: I think NOT!

Kissing doggy shnozzes is the best. I can't do that with Darlin. :)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 09:57 PM
Cayter...I want one of those Collie hooded sweatshirts. ;)

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-01-2004, 06:41 AM
Sorry to hear about your stupid friends and their mean comments. I think sometimes people made remarks like that because they truley don't understand. Hey, it's their loss!

My mother in law bought me a T-shirt that said Drake on it. Obviously fom Drake University. But my dog's name is Drake. I wear it sometimes and the other day my next door neighbor said:"I didn't know you went to Drake." I told her I didn't, that Andrew's mom knows how much I love Drake and bought it for me. Her reply to that was:"Isn't that alittle too much?" I told her I didn't care what she thought :)

RobiLee
01-01-2004, 06:55 AM
I LOVE that sweatshirt and want one for myself! With Akita on it of course...hehehe. Don't pay any attention when your friends talk like that. They just aren't true dog lovers. I get that sometimes too. I've learned to not talk so much about Katie in front of certain people because I can almost see them rolling there eyes when I start. I just have to accept the fact that all people are not animal lovers. I do get teased quite a bit by my family but in a loving way. They are always telling me that I am obsessed with my dog. What better obsession to have, right?....lol. What is this business about saying Ozzy is ugly? That is SO not true. I love Ozzy and think he is beautiful! I love collies smooth and rough. Gorgeous breed. Whoever said that is not being very nice and just has bad manners!

It is time for some more Ozzy pics, please!

Robin :)

K9soul
01-01-2004, 10:05 AM
I agree... I'm having Ozzy photo withdrawal!! Pics pleasseeee :D