PDA

View Full Version : not exactly PT but....Boomer's mommy

sirrahbed
12-31-2003, 10:33 AM
ACK!! This is not exactly PT but it IS about PT family so here goes. Look what my daughter who married and moved to Japan has done! ACK!! This is Boomer's mommy! What must he think? What do you guys think? Shall I put her in the doghouse? She IS married. ACK!!:D :rolleyes: :eek: :o
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid96/p880059fb458a45c58a9ffe58d15ad4b7/fa2072b1.jpg

PS I love you no matter what sweetie :) You do NOT need mom's approval anymore - but sweet that you still want it:) It is growing on me (sort of:D )

catlover4ever
12-31-2003, 10:41 AM
I'm rolling on the floor laughing because you have the same reaction that my mom woulld have if I did that.

My mom would put me in the dog house, but I think it's cool. Of course am I going to run out and do it....well, I too am married and my husband would kill me if I did. Now if I were younger and not married you could probally have taken a picture of your daughter and I in the same pose.

Tell your daughter not to stick her tongue out around boomer...he may think it is a play toy and start batting at her tongue. ;) ;) (just kidding)

RedHedd
12-31-2003, 10:46 AM
no comment. Just hope she has good dental insurance.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 11:22 AM
My only hope is that she places a ball bearing on her tongue to make you THINK she got it pierced!!!!!!!!!!:eek: Otherwise, no comment!:p

CatDad
12-31-2003, 11:31 AM
I believe in letting people do what they want, as long as they are not hurting anyone else. More power to you Missy.

However, that just hurts me to look at it. Sorry, I am just not hip and with it on the whole body piercing thing.:eek:

You are right Debbie, she is grown up and an adult. However, she is still your child and I think that you are dealing with this very well.:)

catnapper
12-31-2003, 11:39 AM
Geesh... I spend a fortune on dental work each year (I'm THRILLED its January and a whole new stash of insurance cash at my disposal that wil be gone by March!) I can't imagine what my dental costs would be with something like that!!! LOL

Well, she is married and certainly able to make her own decisins. So as long as it makes her happy... but I go on record stating I'd kill my girls if they did that!

Did you have a heart attack when you saw?

Corinna
12-31-2003, 11:42 AM
At least it's some thing she can let close up if she wants too. My sweet daughter showed up one afternoon about 2 years ago(she was living onn he own) with the most godawfal tatoo It is a celtic bat across he back along the hip line. It is black. After time we are used to it but still give her a bad time about flashing the bat signal when she bends over.
New boyfreind can't say much as he is covered in little puppy tats.

sirrahbed
12-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
Did you have a heart attack when you saw?

Well, I was not surprised really. She called to tell me. She has wanted this for years and I said absolutely NO WAY - not until you are married and somebody else's problem. And yes, that smile of hers is worth thousands of dollars!! Now she has full medical in the military and her husband's approval. Honestly, I am such a square but she has been such a perfect daughter in most ways - I think this was a little way to be a bit rebellious and not so "goodie" as people tease her sometimes. Besides, she can take the thing out if she wants and it heals up. She also points out that *I* always wanted a tatoo for the same reason - to prove I was not a total square - but I never got it. I had wanted a red rose on my chest but it would be long stemmed by now. :rolleyes: The nurse in me won over I guess. Heart attack? Guess I survived! Three kids and they are all decent, happy and productive so I can't complain. Nice to focus on my furkids now. :D I think of it as a break before the grandbabies come and rob my sleep with worry.:rolleyes: Sorry if this dumb topic bores anyone. It will fade off soon. I had threatened Missy to "espose" her here and am waiting for her reaction when it is morning in Japan.:D :D :D

catcrazylady
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Way to go Missy!!! Anything to aggravate your parents!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Just kidding Sirrahbed!!
I certainly would never have the nerve to have it done and I think it would drive me crazy having that thing stuck in my mouth, but I don't think it's horrible! At least it is something that can be made to go away. My thing with a lot of the younger people who get lots of BIG tattoo's is that they are there for life. I just hope they don't change their mind later.
I don't think it's so bad Missy. It is the cool thing to do these days and you can take it out. Just make sure that when you come home and visit mom that you play with it a lot. You know, stick your tongue out, clang it up against your teeth off and on. You know stuff like that!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
A young girl here at work has one and she taught me a lot about tongue rings. I know they have all kinds of (I don't know what you call them) things that hook on top of the post. Maybe you could find a cat or maybe even one that looks like Boomer!! Wouldn't that be a cool pic for PT??? http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif
Ready to kill me Sirrhbed???http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

catcrazylady
12-31-2003, 12:30 PM
btw-ROFLOL at the long stem rose remark!!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 12:41 PM
My niece did that last year and then got a bad case of strep throat and had to let it grow up (thank goodness). Now she says she's going to do it again. It just looks too painful for me.

carole
12-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Well mum it could be worse, just be prepared for her to play with it all the time, its a natural instinct when something not normally there, is placed in the middle of your tongue, my nieces husband had it done, but took it out in the end, it works for some and not others.:)

Sirrahsim
12-31-2003, 05:26 PM
Hmmm well this isn't what I expected to find on PT this morning:rolleyes: But oh well I gess my secret's out. In my defence.. I do have full dental coverage, so that's not a worry. And Myself and the two friends that were with me DID shop around for about an hour or so before picking a piercing place to make sure that we weren't going to get stuck with some adrenaline happy hack-job with a 14 guage needle:D I personally really like it:) my tongue was about twice it's normal size for a few days, but today it's gone down to only a bit swollen on the bottom and around the top ball. I can even eat fairly normally and talk pretty well now. Though my "S's" do sound a little funny. and I can't quite make the "ch" sound yet:D I've wanted this for ages and am so pleased that I finally did it. I finally feel like i'm an adult!:eek: Oh, and Boomer has already discovered that there's is something shiny in my mouth:rolleyes: He has a habit of trying to stick his nose in my mouth after I have eaten anything and the other day when he went to do this he tried to stick a paw in there as well to see what the shiny object was:rolleyes: :D Anywho, the person who did the piercing was very ncie and the place was VERY sanitary. The guy spoke english very well albeit it was a tad bit broken at times. I have to follow up with the piercer weekend after next to make sure that it's healing properly and to have a shorter, more dentally friendly bar put in. Thanks Mom for revealing my tongue to the world:rolleyes: :D so yeah, I'm a bit surprised to see this mentioned on PT, but I'm proud of it, so I don't care too much:)

sirrahbed
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
:D:p ;)

carole
12-31-2003, 08:25 PM
Just remember mother's alway's make the best blabbermouths, and I should know lol.:) :D

sirrahved
01-01-2004, 11:31 AM
My sis-in-law, the rebel! Props to you for going out and doing something I would NEVER have the courage to do. Let me know your size and gauge... Still haven't mailed your Xmas present. It's sitting on our entertainment center:o

Karen
01-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Just don;t get in the habit of clanking it against your teeth when you are bored - know a kid who chipped and then cracked a molar doing that ... and ended up needing a root canal 'cause he didn't get it taken care of until it REALLY hurt!

I admit I winced when I saw the picture - I used to work at an ear-piercing place, and I don't even have pierced ears! No "pain for beauty's sake" for me! ;)

sirrahbed
01-02-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady

Ready to kill me Sirrahbed???http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

:D Nah...you gave me a good idea!! hehehe

micki76
01-04-2004, 12:12 PM
I like it! :D I wish I had the courage to have it done. :p

Sirrahsim
01-04-2004, 04:42 PM
hehe thanks:) I'm so excited about it. I can't believe I had the courage to get it done either! I like it a lot better now that the swelling is gone and I can speak almost normally again. Once I get a shorter bar put in (in about a week) my speech should be completely back to normal:) Thanks for all your comments, I'll have to be sure to play with it in front of my Mom and Dad a lot, thanks for the idea:rolleyes: ;) :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
01-04-2004, 07:02 PM
My stepson had this done when he was a minor (!?!?!?) Anyway, all we said was "hmmmm, interesting. Oh by the way....it will destroy your teeth." He said we were old and stupid (or something like that...he is a real good kid.) He got a job and was paying for his own dental, etc. He went to the dentist who said..."wow...you are really damaging your teeth with this thing."

He took it out.

:D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

Ah youth!

Sirrahsim
01-04-2004, 08:44 PM
all I can say is: God bless military dental coverage:):):)
I really don't play with it much though. ANd I'll have a safer bar put in it soon that won't damage my teeth nearly as much as this steel ball could.:)