PDA

View Full Version : Our adventures in Michigan yesterday morning!!

mugsy
12-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Mike and I did a transport for 3 pups yesterday and we drove from Fort Wayne, to Marshall, MI. It was rather uneventful, except when Cameron decided he wanted to stand on my lap and I couldn't see. A few miles north of Coldwater, MI, I was in the passing lane of the FREEWAY and saw a pup on the side of the road. I swerved across 2 lanes of traffic and got stopped. Mike got out and ran back (now about a quarter of a mile) and whistled and called and clapped his hands and she ran right up to him. She is the most adorable little JRT. Well, needless to say, we can't keep her, so, my friend Jackie (who got the other 3) too her with her and is she is already on the website (no picture yet)and she named her Molly.

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 07:44 AM
WOW :eek: Talk about being in the right place at the right time! Best of luck to little Molly!:D

4 Dog Mother
12-31-2003, 08:04 AM
A JRT? I want a JRT. A female JRT? I want a female JRT. That way 3 girls and 3 boys. Ah, but Carl says no more pups and with him in Florida, 5 pups and me alone is quite a lot since to do any real running I have to take them to the dog park. Plus a JRT would probably be overrun by my crew!

That was very nice of you to make the effort to stop and get the poor pup along side the road before it got hit. What are people thinking when they abandon them alongside a road?

ramanth
12-31-2003, 08:17 AM
Wow Molly!!! Proof again that you are both angels. :D

ChrisH
12-31-2003, 08:28 AM
That is so great!:D :D What a lucky pup to have been spotted and rescued by you and Mike. Bless you! :)

Miss Meow
12-31-2003, 08:42 PM
Wow, little Molly was in the right place at the right time :)

Cincy'sMom
01-01-2004, 10:27 AM
You guys are so great!!! Thanks for saving Molly :) I'm sure a cute little thing like that should find a good home quickly :)

mugsy
01-01-2004, 11:11 AM
Here is a picture of Molly.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2402243&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3ff454fe041e7daf-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25&tmpl=

4 Dog Mother
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Aww, Molly is so cute! I'll bet she gets adopted very quickly!! Thanks again for saving her life, Mike and Molly!

Cataholic
01-01-2004, 06:59 PM
Wow...not only are you saving the pups you know about, but the ones you don't know about, too!! Way to go, Molly, other Molly, and Mike!

Cinder & Smoke
01-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
... I was in the passing lane of the FREEWAY...

I swerved across 2 lanes of traffic
and got stopped...

:eek:

Ridin wiff Miz Molly must be like ridin wiff Dad
onna way to a Fiur Call! :rolleyes:

Look out Jeff Gordon an NASCAR -
Here comez Miz Molly!! :p

Dad sez he hopez all you guyz wear yur Krash Helmitz
onna Transport Runz!! ;)

NICE Katch, Mistur Mike!! :)

delidog
01-01-2004, 07:43 PM
AWWW!!!
You Guys are The Best!!!
Like All said...Molly Pup was in The Right Place at The Right Time!!!!

Good Luck!!!!!!
She'll Find a Home Quickly!!!!

AHEM.......4 (Oh I mean 5)Dog Mother

Like MOTHER,Like DAUGHTERS!!!!!!;)

mugsy
01-01-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
Krash Helmitz
onna Transport Runz!! ;)

NICE Katch, Mistur Mike!! :) [/B]

HEY!! I got there didn't I??? hehehe I had forgotten that you had never riden with me....I drive FASTER than Jeff! lol

If you go to www.almosthomeanimalrescueleague.com you can see all of the dogs we took....Cameron, Crystal and Belle and the tag along Molly.

Tonya
01-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Wow! That's great! Molly is really cute.

mugsy
01-02-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks Tonya, it's nice to know that people think my namesake is cute! lol I'm hoping that Jackie can take the 2 dogs that Cobb Care inherited now. I will let you know when they get adopted. I guess they go to the adoption event on Saturday.

Cincy'sMom
01-02-2004, 03:59 PM
The link didn't work forall the dogs didn't work for me, Molly. I hope all the pups find homes though :) And Molly (the JRT) is adorable!!!

Cinder & Smoke
01-02-2004, 04:16 PM
Hmmmm - Link "no workie" for us, too. :(

Here's the link to that Shelter via PetFinder:

Almost Home Animal Rescue League @ PetFinder (http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/MI320.html)

And here's the link to Almost Home's dog bios...
Molly is on the second page - at the bottom.
Clicker for Page 2 at the very bottom of page 1.

Almost Home DOGS pages (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=1&pet.Shelterid=MI320)

mugsy
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Ok.... www.almosthomeanimalrescueleague.petfinder.com See if that works.

look at Christy and Belle too.....OMG they are so cute as well as Cameron.

Thanks for the fix Phred.

delidog
01-03-2004, 06:59 AM
Oh Why did I go to this site?!?!?!?!?

After Reading Bears' Story...SNIFF!!!!

I went and looked at the Dogs....Did you see Digby?!?!?!?!??!?
Oh Agony!!!!!!!
Did AMY see Digby??????
He could be num. 4 for her!!!!!!!!!!!
And now he has a Trainer....
What a Wonderful Organization!!!!
Kudos to them!!!!

Cincy'sMom
01-03-2004, 09:26 AM
OHHHHH I love Digby!!! You people :D Look a the dog in PA, LovemyShiba sent me yesterday....

http://www.altoona.net/cphs/img/upload/2327.jpg

Too many cuties!!!!

iceyshiver21
01-03-2004, 11:14 AM
yesterday and we drove from Fort Wayne, to Marshall, MI.
why couldnt have been Marshall, MN!!!! I would have took little molly!

Congrats on Saving the beautiful little gurl! :D

mugsy
01-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Well, I'm sure they could arrange a transport! ;)