PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings: Is anyone else...

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 05:06 AM
...sad that it's over now? Guess Christmas will never be the same again without a new LotR-movie in the theatres!

Last night, I saw the "Return of the King" for the third time, and it was definitely the last time, because the English version will be cancelled here and I don't want to the see the German version. So it was like saying good bye to all the characters I have learned to love so much during the past two years.

Now I have to wait for the dvd-release, but that is still so far away. I have also ordered the soundtrack, and I hope it will be delivered today.

But at the moment, I'm almost feeling a bit lost here...

"...here, at the end of all things." (Frodo Baggins, who almost broke my heart in the third movie)

Kirsten

bisi.cat
12-31-2003, 05:12 AM
"Here"...raises hand all teary eyed...
:( :( :(

I can't believe it either...Christmas will never be the same again!!!
But what a grand final it was...I really loved each of the movies, because they captured the emotions of the books so much and I still can't decide which was my favourite book/movie of the three...
I am looking forward to the DVD release (especially the extended version) and WOW next year Christmas we celebrate the Lord of the Rings again by watching all in a row at home...:D

I do hope that Peter Jackson will surprise us with the "Hobbit" soon!!!

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Yes, it was awesome. Even though I have already seen it three times I was still stunned. I even loved the battles, which I usually don't like in movies.

In the first two movies, Aragorn has always been my favorite character, but this time, I've been very much impressed by Pippin. When he sang for Denethor, it made shivers running down my spine. I also love Frodo very much in third one, and Sam, of course! Sam is such a heartwarming character and he always makes me cry.

I'm also not sure about my faves. I think of the books, it's the "fellowship" I like best, but I'm just reading them again, now that I've seen all the movies.
Of the movies, I thought "FotR" would be my fave also, but after I've seen this one, I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm already looking forward to the extended version and can't wait to see them all in a row! :)

Kirsten

gallop
12-31-2003, 07:35 AM
I want to watch the Return of the King~~~

ramanth
12-31-2003, 08:15 AM
Me! When I took my mom to see it I was crying again at the end she leaned over and said, "Are you sad that this is actually the end and there are no more movies?"

Yes.. yes I am.

Seeing ROTK for the first time in Toronto with all the other fans.... it is a movie experience that I'll never have again.

*crossing fingers that they can do 'The Hobbit'* :D

babolaypo65
12-31-2003, 09:44 AM
I'm sad too. It HAS become a part of my family's Christmas tradition.

Great flicks!

I guess like everyone else, BUYING them on DVD for eachother will be the new tradition. That, and waiting for HP movies.

slleipnir
12-31-2003, 10:40 AM
Yes! It's sad this is the end :( Or as Conan O'Brian said, maybe something will happen and they're be another one like 'Dude, wheres my ring?' lol ;) Anyway, our family has gone to see it on x-mas for the last 2 years..so It will be sad next :(

Moose
12-31-2003, 11:11 AM
I never saw a single Lord of the Rings movie...I honestly don't see the appeal, that just isn't my kind of movie. :o

countrycowgirl
12-31-2003, 11:47 AM
it is sad that this is the last one :(but i think it was the best one :D its also sad that there will be no more LEGOLAS *sigh* thats my man:D :D :D :D it made me cry at the end but i was kinda expecting that cause i read the book

Tweety_Pie
12-31-2003, 11:58 AM
I saw it, it was good but very sad:( . I know it's just computer animated when the horses die but that made me cry so bad that my friend had to tell me when the parts were over. Merry and Pippen were really funny in that movie. It's to bad that ROTK was the last movie because the movies were REALLY good.

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 12:08 PM
Pick up the Silmarrilion.

It's a 'history' of Middle Earth-way before the LOTR...

That would be a great project for another movie.

petlover
12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Awww, you guys it's ok. I am a weiner and I already know what happens in the adventures 1-3. 1-7 I believe. I have read the book that has 1-3. The " Return of the King" is really good. I am sure that the movie is good too. I was just a lot more entertained with the book.;)

carole
12-31-2003, 12:51 PM
Ok guys I had a chat with Peter the other day (I am just kidding) I wish, hey I am sure they will make the hobbit, be silly not to, but it could be quite some time away, you know the farm where it was filmed are charging 50 dollars for a tour, I think that is somewhat outrageous, its only like 15 mins away from me, but I am not going to pay that much, I guess I am not a real fan, but don't you all think thats a bit over the top.?

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 01:25 PM
NO MORE LEGOLAS!!!:( :( :( NOW WHO WILL I MARRY?????:(

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 01:26 PM
OH YEAH! AND NO ORE ARAGORN EITHER!! I CAN'T MARRY HIM NOW EITHER!:(

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
carole, I would love to visit all these locations, but I guess I could never affort that! LOL

From what I've read on the net, all the actors and crew have enjoyed NZ very much, and some, like Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), was thinking about relocating there... :)

countrycowgirl and G.P. girl, my fave Legolas moment was this:
Gimli: Who'd thought I'd die side by side with an elf?"
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?"

Richard, yes, I think I will read that book sooner or later! :)

ramanth, it must have been so wonderful to be on that meeting in Toronto! :)

Kirsten

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten

From what I've read on the net, all the actors and crew have enjoyed NZ very much, and some, like Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), was thinking about relocating there... :)

countrycowgirl and G.P. girl, my fave Legolas moment was this:
Gimli: Who'd thought I'd die side by side with an elf?"
Legolas: What about side by side with a friend?"

hmmm. guess i'm moving to new zealand too:D
my fav. leogolas part was when they he and gimli were counting how many they killed. and legolas killed the big elefant with all the people on it. then gimli said it only counts as one:D

Corinna
12-31-2003, 01:59 PM
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cried I spent the last have crying . I thought my husband and son were going to make me go to the car Couldn't move away as the theater was full.

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 02:00 PM
my sister and aunt started crying in the first 5 minutes of it and didn't stop til the end:rolleyes: i never cry in movies, bu tit was kinda sad, i really like the music in it

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 02:19 PM
I'm just listening to the music, the cd has arrived today. :) Billy Boyd's song is really cool! And "Into the West" of course!

leogolas part was when they he and gimli were counting how many they killed. and legolas killed the big elefant with all the people on it. then gimli said it only counts as one

Yes, I agree, that was also funny! :)
My favorite funniest moment is when Galdalf spoke to Pippin before they met Denethor! :)
And when Pippin and Merry enjoyed their victory over Isengard! :)

During the movie, I only had to cry a couple of times, when Sam said "I can not carry it for you, but I can carry you!" Or when he told Frodo he would have married Rosie. Or when Èowyn killed the Nazgul: "I am no man!"

But from the moment Frodo walked through the rooms of Bagend and said: "How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on, when in your heart you begin to understand there is no going back. " I couldn't stop crying...

Kirsten

ramanth
12-31-2003, 02:30 PM
I pretty much cried thru the whole movie when I saw it the first time.... there were even times that I'd get control of myself and just hearing the rest of the people in the theater sobbing, I'd lose it all over again....

Some of the scenes that made me cry...

Pippen crying out Merry's name as he and Gandalf leave
Pippen's song
The battle of Pelannor Fields (especially Theoden's death)
Pippen finding Merry on the battlefield
Frodo sending Sam away
Sam finding Frodo and thinking he's dead
Sam saving Frodo
Okay.. pretty much all the Cirith Ungol and Mordor scenes... lol
"I can't carry it.. but I can carry you!" *sniffles*
Merry and Pippen thinking that Sam and Frodo are dead
When they all reunite (happy tears)
Aragorn's face when he see's Arwen (more happy tears)
Everyone bowing to the Hobbits (I actually sobbed aloud :o )
And of course the Gray Havens and Sam's last line in the movie (Which is the same line from the book that made me bawl)

There were other scenes that made me cry... but these I remember most..
:)

"My friends... you bow to no one." WWWAAHHHH!!! ;) :D

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Yes, all these scenes you've mentioned have touched my heart, and, believe me, now listening to the music right now doesn't make it much better! LOL

Another moment that brought tears to my eyes was when the Rohirrim rode to battle, or Aragorn's speech after the black gate had opened "...but it is not THIS day" and "For Frodo!"
Or when the beacons have been lit, it was awesome!

Everytime I saw this movie, it's been such an emotional experience, even more than "FotR".

Kirsten

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-31-2003, 02:59 PM
I am a huge LOTR fan. This year, I had to wait 3 days after the release to see it because I live in Germany and it was a pain finding a theater that played it in English!! I sobbed pretty much throughout the whole movie. Partly becuase it is the last one.

They are playing it on Friday at 10 AM at the theater on post and I have already purchased my tickets :) I did read some where that Peter Jackson will be doing The Hobbit.

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 03:05 PM
DoggiesAreTheBest, I'm also living in Germany, and I also don't want to see it in German. In Kassel, which is close to my hometown, they played it in English, but now it is cancelled because not too many visitors had come for that version. :(

Now I have to wait for the dvd to see it again!

Have a lot of fun on Friday! :)

Kirsten

countrycowgirl
12-31-2003, 05:56 PM
i agree with G.P. Girl thats my fav. part. not only is it funny but Legolas looks so HOTT!!!!!!:D:D :D :p :D . and Kirsten thats my second fav. part. i went and bought a legolas poster today cause they were on sale at the mall :D

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 05:59 PM
i went and bought a legolas poster today

That's definitely a good way to start a new year! ;)

Kirsten

countrycowgirl
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
oh ya its on my wall ask i type im staring at it and dreaming*sigh*lol:p :D

Kirsten
12-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Enjoy! LOL :)

I have the two theatrical posters of the first two movies on my walls (of course the third one will be added as soon as it's available), and a map of Middle Earth. :)

Kirsten

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by countrycowgirl
i agree with G.P. Girl thats my fav. part. not only is it funny but Legolas looks so HOTT!!!!!!:D:D :D :p :D . and Kirsten thats my second fav. part. i went and bought a legolas poster today cause they were on sale at the mall :D
i know! isn't he??*dreamy eyes...:rolleyes:* i plan on buying a poster for my room too....such a pretty little elf.....:D

RubyMutt
12-31-2003, 07:42 PM
Yes, I'm sad it's over :( I'm still hoping that PJ will make 'The Hobbit' into a movie! :D

I've started re-reading (again) the trilogy to get my LOTR fix for now ;)

kingrattus
12-31-2003, 07:44 PM
I was sad when I finished watching it, I wanted more.

But the previews before the movie finally answered my question.

Harry Potter3 wont be out until this summer, I want it now DARNIT!!!!!! WANT WANT WANT NOW NOW NOW

countrycowgirl
01-01-2004, 01:05 AM
yes G.P. Girl he is a very very very very very very pretty little elf!!!!!!! lol:D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p

DoggiesAreTheBest
01-01-2004, 06:21 AM
Kirsten, I couldn't watch the German version if I wanted to! My German is very very bad. We just got here in October :)

Kirsten
01-01-2004, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by DoggiesAreTheBest
Kirsten, I couldn't watch the German version if I wanted to! My German is very very bad. We just got here in October :)

Oh, where are you from, if I may ask? And what's your native language?
I agree, the German language must be very difficult to learn!

Kirsten

G.P.girl
01-01-2004, 02:05 PM
lol you guys. i know how you feel! i had to watch the fist and second one in hungarian. but it's not as bad as you might think it is to watch a movie in another language, i thought i wouldn't understand any of it, bu tbecause yu can see whats happening to it helped me understand more. there were only a few parts i didn't understand. plus legolas and aragorn still look the same in german..thats all that matters right?;) :D

Kirsten
01-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah, but all the actors have also put so much into their voices, all this gets lost in a dubbed version!

Kirsten

G.P.girl
01-01-2004, 02:15 PM
yeah bu tyou can still seeeeeee him <sigh>:D i did buy it on dvd though to see it in english when it came out. ONE YEAR LATER!!!
:mad:

Kirsten
01-01-2004, 02:28 PM
LOL, maybe I'll go to see the German one in case I'm getting too much into withdrawal! :D Otherwise I will wait for the dvd also.

Did you live in Hungary btw?

Kirsten

G.P.girl
01-01-2004, 02:31 PM
yeah we lived there for six years cuz my dad worked on the amry base. but i learned hungarian an dwent to hugarian schools

Kirsten
01-01-2004, 02:33 PM
That's a real complicated language, isn't it? My mother and my sister have been there a couple of times for holiday, and they didn't even know how to pronounce the town names and stuff! LOL

Kirsten

G.P.girl
01-01-2004, 02:41 PM
yes it is. there are only two other languages that are even remotly similar, finn adn esonian. where did you guys go? i was in kaposvar.it's hard to read too. i think this is the longest word, i think i'm spelling it right, but it took me for every to learn how to pronunce it. megszencsetelenithetettlensegeskedeseitekert wow it looks like just a bunch of letters. haha. do you speak german? i'm learning it so i know a little:)

Foam
01-01-2004, 03:50 PM
I love the movies.. :( I still have to see the last one. I might do that this weekend.

Kirsten
01-02-2004, 01:03 PM
megszencsetelenithetettlensegeskedeseitekert

Wow, what does THAT mean? LOL I guess even Elvish is easier to learn! :)

Well, my folks have been in the area of Siofok (sp) at lake Balaton.

And yes, German is my native language. Do you learn it at school?

@Foam: Hope you can see it at the weekend! I'm already missing it! LOL I think tomorrow I'll watch part I and II on dvd! :)

Kirsten

countrycowgirl
01-02-2004, 03:53 PM
oh my gosh i went with my cousin last night to go see it agian it was sooo good!!!!!:D :D i cryed all over again and made noises and claped every time i saw legolas :p :D :p :D i had people saring at me and my cousin by the end of the movie lol:D

G.P.girl
01-02-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Kirsten
Wow, what does THAT mean? LOL I guess even Elvish is easier to learn! :)

Well, my folks have been in the area of Siofok (sp) at lake Balaton.

oOoO me too i've been there before! i used to go up there every summer!
i'm not totlly sure what it means, none of the hungarians could actually tell me. bu tthey said it meant something about sinning, but with all the possible endings on it

tikeyas_mom
01-03-2004, 04:03 AM
i was happy to see the last movie. but kinda sad that it is over :(..i shall read all the books again lol

i am a dork

G.P.girl
01-03-2004, 12:52 PM
lol you're like my sister. she's read the boooks so many times. she rereads them after every movie:rolleyes: lol