PDA

View Full Version : As the year says "Good Bye" save a prayer...

bisi.cat
12-31-2003, 02:36 AM
...for all those stray and feral kitties, who wonder about all the fireworks...who run homeless and headless around because of the noise, who are scared and can't understand...

While our cats are safely tucked in our warm beds and are assured that there's nothing that could harm them, these poor cats don't have anyone who'll tell them...Please think of them tonight and pray that none of them will be hurt either of the noise or some unkind folks who might throw fireworks after them...please pray that at least for some it will be the last time without a human who soothe their fear and care for them!!!

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 05:45 AM
It's hard to pray with all the tears flowing, but I will be giving all the poor homeless kitties a divine hug tonight and evey night until they are at peace.

catmandu
12-31-2003, 09:14 AM
I always think abot that , when I see my cats , and then I see the little strays , that I feed. I think , that my Cats , there but for the grace of God , go you , waiting for a oet and a kind word.And a full dish.

catcrazylady
12-31-2003, 02:09 PM
How sad and how true. I pray for all lost, abandoned, abused animals. We can only hope and keep praying that somehow all the good work that so many are doing is at least making a dent.

God Bless them all, keep them warm and provide them with food. A loving touch and companionship would be an extra special blessing.
Amen

sirrahbed
12-31-2003, 03:11 PM
Well this one got me all weepy - (plus too many episodes of Vet Emergency) I get so much pleasure from my pets that I know God sent them. My friends think I am weird but I don't care. That is a wonderful thought and prayer for tonight - to pray for the lost ones without homes and to be thankful for ours who have warm beds, food and humans to love and cuddle them.

slick
12-31-2003, 04:45 PM
I posted this once before a long time ago, but I think it's worth it again. I cut it out of the paper years ago and it's up on my fridge.

Hear out humble prayer, oh God, for our friends, the animals. Especially for animals who are suffering; for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry; for all that must be put to death. We entreat for them all thy mercy and pity. And for those who deal with them, we ask a heart of compassion, gentle and kindly words. Make us true friends of the animals and so to share the blessings of the merciful.

Karen
12-31-2003, 05:22 PM
What a nice reminder, bisi.cat. All the homeless kitties will certainly be in my prayers tonight, as well as all homeless critters and humans.

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 05:28 PM
I always keep a few cans of cat/dog food in my truck so when I see a homeless person with a pet I slip them a can of food and some change.

rg_girlca
12-31-2003, 06:04 PM
Wow Richard, you not only have a great sense of humor that make us laugh everyday, you are also a SWEETHEART.
That is so sweet and kind of you to do.

Bisi.cat, as CCL said, "This is so sad and so true." I often think about the poor defenseless animals out there that have to deal with god knows what. It breaks my heart.
I pray that they all stay safe.

Slick: Thanks for sharing that prayer with us.

:)

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 06:05 PM
Thank you for this thread bisi.cat.

Cataholic
01-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the reminder, bisi.cat.

bluekat
01-01-2004, 10:49 AM
I just thought of that:( How very sad but true...I always keep them in my prayers anyways:)
Thanks for the reminder!

lizbud
01-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Bisi.cat,

Thank you for this reminder. I once printed out a prayer for
animals that Jackie'sDaisy posted on Pet Talk. I keep it posted
in my kitchen where I can see it every day.

A Prayer for Animals
~ Albert Schweitzer

Hear our humble prayer, O God,
for our friends, the animals,
especially for those who are suffering;
for any that are lost or deserted,
or frightened or hungry.

We entreat for them all
Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them,
we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.

Make us, ourselves,
to be true friends to animals
and so to share
the blessings
of the merciful.

kimlovescats
01-02-2004, 09:57 AM
Beautiful. So heartbreaking to think of all the ones still wandering homelessly. :(

CatDad
01-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Loved the prayer and the poem.

I always try to keep the lost kitties in my thoughts. However, it never hurts to be reminded.