PDA

View Full Version : Bend It Like Beckham

Moose
12-31-2003, 12:07 AM
Has anyone seen this movie? I just watched it for the first time the other night and I absolutely loved it! Granted I couldn't really understand some of the things they were saying....it was still great. Anyone else seen it?

Can't ya tell I'm bored, should be sleeping, and can't? lol

Uabassoon
12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
I really love that movie too. At first I didn't think I'd like it, but then I watched it and fell in love with it and went out and bought it on DVD.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
I've seen it! I have the DVD...that's all my little sister wants to watch now. :rolleyes:

Moose
12-31-2003, 12:11 AM
lol

I had ordered it on Pay Per View the other day, wasn't sure what I thought about it...watched it again about an hour later, and then went out and bought it a couple days ago. lol. :o

AmberLee
12-31-2003, 12:20 AM
Yep, I love it too. And I own a copy on DVD.

Miss Meow
12-31-2003, 08:39 PM
I loved that movie! :)

dukedogsmom
12-31-2003, 08:47 PM
What's it about?

RubyMutt
12-31-2003, 11:19 PM
I haven't seen it, but would really like to. When it first came out in theaters I was trying to get someone to go see it w/ me, but everyone thought it looked 'dumb'. My boss gave me some Blockbuster gift cards for Christmas - I should use them and go rent it this weekend! :D

G.P.girl
12-31-2003, 11:37 PM
i saw it1 i thought it would be really dumb, bu ti really liked it. everybody else in my family thought it would be dumb too but they liked it too

AmberLee
01-01-2004, 11:11 AM
A young Pakistani girl (Jesminder or Jess) growing up in modern day England is an excellent soccer player, but her family wants her to be more traditional and give up playing games/get serious about going to college. While her sister is getting ready for her wedding, Jess is invited to play on a women's soccer team. She joins, but lies to her family 'because they'll never understand'. Many adventures as she and other teammates (and family members) grow and learn. A lot of humor and some painful growth, too.

The title is apparently due to a skilled kick she is attempting to perfect, the way that soccer-master somebody-or-other Beckham does. The ball 'bends' around obstacles.

If you like sports, or coming of age stories, I think you'll really enjoy this movie. I found a lot of humor in the way people reacted to sterotypes, too.

HoRsELUvR
01-01-2004, 12:31 PM
I saw it twice and I thought it was really good, but i wouldn't buy it.