PDA

View Full Version : What are your New Years plans?

Moose
12-30-2003, 11:10 PM
I know, kind of a pointless thread...but I'm curious. lol.

What are all of you doing for New Years?

I flew out to Chicago and am staying at a friend's house. We are going downtown tomorrow afternoon and have tickets to a great bar. We'll be hanging out there and then staying at a hotel overnight. It should be great. I'm going downtown with him and we are meeting a few of our other friends from school at the bar. :)

Josh isn't exactly thrilled, though...lol. Jason [my friend I'm staying with] mostly got our guy friends from school together...so Josh is a little worried. :p:rolleyes:

So anyways, what are your plans??

GoldenRetrLuver
12-30-2003, 11:14 PM
Nothing really lol
Our neighboors always blow off fireworks on New Years, so I'll have two scared doggies to take care of. :( But, I guess I'll stay up until midnight, but that's about it. :p

Moose
12-30-2003, 11:16 PM
At least you won't be alone, Jules. ;) lol

micki76
12-30-2003, 11:19 PM
LOL, I'll be playing Mommy to my sister's 2 kiddos. She had a hysterectomy yesterday so she's a little out of it. I expect her to sleep right through everything. :)

Have fun in Chicago! :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Moose
At least you won't be alone, Jules. ;) lol

Lol, yeah I guess that's a plus. :p

Moose
12-30-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks, Micki! :D

Jules, you're just too cool to do anything else...REMEMBER? lol. ;)

binka_nugget
12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm heading out to watch Love Actually again with a friend then we're gonna head out to another friend's house to spend the night. She says we'll be watching movies and pigging out.:p

Tonya
12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm going to a nightclub here. They've been advertising that MTV will be there and surprise celebrity appearances...sounds to good to be true in Modesto, but worth a try! BTW, Taxi, baby! No drivin!

GoldenRetrLuver
12-30-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Moose
Jules, you're just too cool to do anything else...REMEMBER? lol. ;)

Haha, yes I am. ;) *does her cool dance* :p

Moose
12-30-2003, 11:33 PM
lol Jules.

Ashley, sounds like a fun. :)

Tonya, that's awesome. :D Yes, taxis are good...lol. We will be doing the same thing...I don't think we'll even have a car down there...we are taking the express train. :)

Tonya
12-30-2003, 11:49 PM
Whenever I go out drinking, I never get take a vehicle. Otherwise, after I've been drinking, someone (perhaps myself) gets a wise idea that were ok to drive. We're better off starting the night off without a car.

andrea_NMAggie
12-30-2003, 11:53 PM
I suppose I'll be going to my favorite Mexican Restaurant/Bar for their annual Karaoke/New Years Party. Unfortunately, my bf has to work :(

Uabassoon
12-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Not too much, I'm visiting my parents in Tx and I don't really know anyone in town. So I think I may just stay up and watch tv.

Moose
12-31-2003, 12:05 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Andrea_NMaggie....I hope he gets better. :(

Tonya...couldn't agree more. I've known too many people that have gotten into some serious trouble/accidents....and there is no way we are going to take the chance.

Uabassoon, tv is always good. ;) :p

slleipnir
12-31-2003, 12:25 AM
I'll probably go into my moms work for a while..nothing better to do..:(

Kater
12-31-2003, 12:36 AM
Babysitting my niece all day until 8pm and then watching some neighbor kids until 2am! Ack!

wolfsoul
12-31-2003, 01:35 AM
Jynnelle is coming over and we're going to my mom's boyfriend's house just to hang. Then we'll be coming back to my house to watch movies and eat popcorn and stuff. :)

tomkatzid
12-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Going to an all you can eat buffet !!:eek: andrea_NMAggie come with us ?? !! Wear loose fitting clothes !;)

joycenalex
12-31-2003, 05:56 AM
we've done this for at least 3 years.....we have a movie marathon and eat appetizers. the first movie is a kids flick(i'm hoping to get nemo) and when the kids fall asleep, we play more adult movies, at midnight, champagn and possibly asleep by 12:30. new years day is FOOTBALL! GO BLUE BEAT USC

neko1
12-31-2003, 06:26 AM
A friend that works with Brian passed away, so the viewing is on new years eve and the funeral is on friday.....:(

Moose
12-31-2003, 11:15 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Neko...:(

RICHARD
12-31-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by joycenalex
when the kids fall asleep, we play more adult movies

:eek:

Toby's my baby
01-01-2004, 10:07 AM
My new Years plans are to babysit! Thats ok though I have to babysit my cousins baby Kyleigh, ya they spelt it weird they should have spelt it Kylie, but o well to late now.

Cincy'sMom
01-01-2004, 10:24 AM
We had a few friends over here from about 7:30 pm til 5:15 am!!! I had to work yesterday (New Year's Eve) and then come home and help Ralph finish cleaning and cooking, that I was soooo tired!!! I dozed in and out from about 10-2 and then again after 4 :)

RubyMutt
01-01-2004, 11:27 AM
I had a long and horrible day at work yesterday so all I wanted to do was take a shower, be with Ruby, then sleep :p I did that for a few hours, but then ended up going over to John's at about 8:30. We stayed up until midnight, watched 'New Years at the [Space]Needle' on TV then I promptly went home to finish my sleep ;) I'm so grateful there's no work today :D

cloverfdx
01-02-2004, 07:05 AM
I ended up at a BBQ and cocktail party with some good friends of mine (including the person i kind of like:o ) so that was great :D we ended up making it till midnight and then everyone perked up again after that, i left at about 3am (had to go home and check Elvis as he is only a puppy)

overall it was a great night i havn't had so many hugs and kisses in along time :D which was nice.

i was tempted to take along my collection of fireworks ;) but decided against it. didn't want to blow any of my friends up.