PDA

View Full Version : Tahitian Noni Juice

moosmom
12-30-2003, 05:19 PM
Has anyone here used or heard of it?

A couple of people I work with at BB&B SWEAR by it! It's made from a Noni fruit that comes from Tahiti. The natives have used it for years and years.

The tree produces this fruit that absolutely, positively STINKS. It has LOADS of antioxidants.

Here are some links.

http://www.iwr.com/noni-juice/

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2003/12/prweb92440.htm

http://juice9.freeyellow.com/

The links explain how the juice works, what it contains (it's all natural), etc.

I bought a bottle yesterday and have started taking 1 oz./day and have also started giving it to my 9 year old cat, Mollie Rose, in the hopes that it will help with her constant sneezing problem. I have bought every imaginable anti-biotic on the market to help her and nothing has worked.

I'll let you know how it goes.

mugsy
12-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Let me know how it works!!

Kater
12-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Yes, I've heard of it. We have Noni in Hawaii too. I've been aware of recent buzz about many possible benefits of the chemicals in this plant. However, the only benefits I know much about are related to the traditional medicine systems of Hawaii.

My mother, a botanist, has some pictures and a bit of information about Noni here:
http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/millen/bot130/learning_objectives/lo03/list/noni.html

There was a seminar recently about using Tahitian Noni for pets put on by some Wisconsin breed rescues including LEARN (Labrador Education and Rescue Network.) Vets were to be present to speak as well as individuals representing companies selling the juice and other products. I really wanted to go but as I remember I had some conflicting event at the same time.

I'm very interested to hear about your experiences with Noni so please keep us updated! :)

Sevens
12-30-2003, 10:58 PM
One of my co-workers told me about this. However, it was only in the context of a joke sort of. She's from Indonesia and her name is Noni, so it's kinda weird to see it in this thread. She was like "yep, I should make a million, they are using my name!" LOL

Seriously though, definitely keep us posted. I hope it does help you and your kitty.

slick
12-30-2003, 11:03 PM
Oh my gosh, when I first read the subject I thought it was a new DOTD for the Thursday thread. Shows you where my head is at. I've never heard of it but it certainly sounds beneficial. Please keep us posted as I'd like to hear more.

Freckles
01-03-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
I bought a bottle yesterday and have started taking 1 oz./day and have also started giving it to my 9 year old cat, Mollie Rose.

Donna, how do you give this to Mollie Rose? and how much?
Thanks.

G.P.girl
01-03-2004, 01:52 PM
what does it taste like? i've never heard of it before though

moosmom
01-03-2004, 10:36 PM
I give Mollie Rose 1 cc a day. It's hard to describe the taste. It could be a little sweeter, but cuz you only take 1 oz a day, it's not all that bad. I'll let you know how it works.

primabella
01-04-2004, 09:35 AM
My dad is interested in buying this to help his arthritis. Does anyone here know anybody who has arthristis and takes the Noni Juice? And if it has already helped them out? Thanks. :)

amoore
01-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Sounds really good! let us know how it works For molly, please.:)

Cookiebaker
11-08-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm just bumping this thread up, because I want to find out what anybody thinks about it?? I was just given some from friends of our's and I am scared to death to even open the bottle. I've heard it tastes HORRIBLE. I've had an outbreak of sores in my mouth for about 6 weeks, and they said that it should take them away in just a day or 2.

moosmom
11-09-2004, 06:53 AM
Cookiebaker,

I've got half a bottle in my fridge. Some people swear by it if you take it all the time. Unfortunately, my financial situation won't allow me to buy it (it's around $30-40 a bottle). I didn't notice much of a difference, but then again it was because I only took it for about a month. And yes, it's not the best tasting stuff either. But neither is some of the medicines I've taken.

The only suggestion I can make is to buy a bottle and try it yourself. Just make sure it is TAHITIAN Noni Juice. From what I've been told, there's a difference and alot of Noni juices out there, but only ONE Tatitian Noni Juice.

Let me know how you make out.