PDA

View Full Version : It's almost here!!!!

ramanth
12-30-2003, 12:03 PM
My new digital camera! :D I'm getting a Canon Powershot A60. Found one for $162. Mom and Dad are helping pay for it. They got me a VCR for Christmas but the day before I won a DVD/VCR combo from work. So they took the VCR back and they're giving me the amount of the VCR to put towards the camera.

I ordered it online Christmas Day and the FedEx tracker says it's on the truck for delivery. Woohoo!!

I wish I had it last night. I woke up in the middle of the night to find Kia sleeping beside her new dog bed and Zam and Logan cuddling in it!!! ;) :rolleyes: :D

New pics of the fur kids coming soon. :D

tatsxxx11
12-30-2003, 12:22 PM
Congratulations! On winning the DVD player and getting the dig. cam! Can't wait for the pics!:)

Kfamr
12-30-2003, 12:35 PM
You'll be so happy with it, I promise!

Congratulations -- I know you'll love it :)

$162? That's ALOT cheaper than for what we got it for. But, we did buy it when it first came out. :p

Dogz
12-30-2003, 12:38 PM
I am sure you will love it, the quality of Kay's (and other people that have this camera) are great!

This means that we get to see TONS more pictures of your furkids!:D

ramanth
12-30-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks! I did a lot of research here first and foremost. I looked up all the digital camera threads to see what people had and how the pics looked and compared it with what I could afford.

The essential thing was that it had to have a USB port. So I can upload the pics at work. :D

The A70's are the new thing that places like Best Buy are pushing, but I can get all I need done with an A60. The funny thing is, my boss got the A70 for Christmas.

Plus, I already had a DVD player, so I'm giving mine to Andy. It's only a year old and he doesn't have one. He's so excited.

:D

Here is a great site that I also used for specs and such. :)

Anyone thinking of getting or upgrading their digital camera should check it out. :D

Digital Camera Reviews and News (http://www.dpreview.com/)

Their side-by side comparison feature is really nice!

Kfamr
12-30-2003, 01:11 PM
Valerie and I were looking at the A70 at Best Buy.

I want it but It doesn't really do much that the A60 can't.

ramanth
12-30-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Valerie and I were looking at the A70 at Best Buy.

I want it but It doesn't really do much that the A60 can't.
Yep. Basically, you can take a higher resolution picture with the A70 and an even higher rez with the brand spankin' new A80. That's great if you want to print out 8x10's and the like. But all my images end up online so a 2 mega-pixel camera is perfect. :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-30-2003, 01:17 PM
Yaaay! You'll love it, I'm sure. :D
I have the A-70 and it's a great camera. Everything is *soo* simple to understand.

If I'm not mistaken, I think they already came out with the A-80 too.

Now you have no excuse to not post pictures! ;) :D

binka_nugget
12-30-2003, 02:53 PM
Yay! Great choice! Now we'll be expecting LOTS of pictures.

I bought mine at the beginning of September for $420 (canadian) after tax. I'm kicking myself for not waiting til Boxing Day.:p

Kfamr
12-30-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Yep. Basically, you can take a higher resolution picture with the A70 and an even higher rez with the brand spankin' new A80. That's great if you want to print out 8x10's and the like. But all my images end up online so a 2 mega-pixel camera is perfect. :D

I print out pictures from my a60 all the time. They come out great.

:D