PDA

View Full Version : I just want to ramble about some animals I met...

Tonya
12-30-2003, 07:34 AM
This might not even be interesting...but I have met so many cool animals in my job lately. (I'm helping the repair department out right now because of the storms. I'm doing home telephone repair.) I'd have so many animals if I did this job year around! I'll just name a few.

Two days ago, I was working in a field surrounded in Llamas! They were so sweet. They are almost like dogs.

Also, I was up on a pole and looked into this backyard. At first glimpse from behind, I thought the people had to lions in their backyard. At a closer look, they were two very old slow moving Mastifs. (I think.) They were the biggest hugest gigantic dogs that I'd ever seen in my life! They were surely over 200 lbs. From behind, they totally looked like lions. They also had a cute spotted pit back there with them.

Then, I went into this backyard, and this little black chiuaua (sp!?) attacked me with kisses. I have never ever had a small dog allow me into their backyard without yapping and barking. He was so outgoing! He wanted to play the whole time. When I was up on the pole, he kept jumping so high trying to reach me.

Yesterday, I went to this old woman's house. She had gazillions of cats and kittens. Every age and color that you could think of. They were everywhere. Most were feral, but there were lots of sweet tame ones too. She told me that I could have as many as I want. I was eyeballing this little baby that looked like Ron. I almost kept him. I put him in my coat. But then I thought about how many animals I have and changed my mind. I gave her the number to a local spay and neuter clinic.

Ok, last story. I went to a house in the country and the woman had 6 dogs. I was asking her what kind they each were. (They were all mutts.) She jokingly said "I'm going to sue the county...I never get to pick my dogs...they pick me. People just drop them off out here." I thought it was cool that she was willing to take in each and every abandoned pet.

Ok, off to work again! :D Thanks for listening. I come home and excitedly ramble about all these animals I meet to Mike, but he's never as interested as I am.

Have a good day!

bluekat
12-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Aww, sounds like a fun job!:D What do you work as anyways? I would like to have a job like that:D

luckies4me
12-30-2003, 10:44 AM
Sounds like absolute fun! Working at a vet you get to see SO many different animals. I got to work with a serval, raccons, tiger cub and other various critters, and of course cats and dogs too. :) I love it! Your job sounds so fun, and that little chi sounds SO cute! :D Give all the newbies you encounter today a head scratchie for me!

ramanth
12-30-2003, 11:50 AM
How cool! I probably would be begging the owners of the Mastiff's if I could give them hugs. :D