PDA

View Full Version : I'm finally out of the stone age!

Uabassoon
12-29-2003, 11:40 PM
As a little holiday gift to myself I ordered DSL! No more dial up for me! I'm so excited, when I get back to Arizona my new modem will be waiting for me :) Now I really can't wait to get back to Az.

Dogz
12-29-2003, 11:42 PM
Congratulations! I love DSL, soon you will be spoiled, and you won't want it any other way!:D

slick
12-29-2003, 11:43 PM
Don't feel bad. Until a couple of months ago, I never even had a home computer and I work in the IT dept........:o :o

trayi52
12-30-2003, 12:57 AM
Wow, I ordered it today too, I am waiting to find out if I can get it out here in the boonies, but they were pretty sure I could get it.

The good thing is if I get it I will save money by going this route. I have a special phone just for the computer, and then an internet bill, so if I get rid of the extra phone line and get dsl, then I will save at least 5 dollars. I can't wait!!!!!! I am very excited!

So Merry Christmas to us all!!!!

Willie

Moose
12-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Yay, you'll love it! :D

We just got it about a week ago and now I honestly can't use a computer with dial-up...I was already impatient enough to begin with, and now I know that there are ways to make it go faster lol. ;):p

trayi52
12-30-2003, 01:32 AM
Well everybody keep your fingers crossed for me. Okay?

Willie:)

Uabassoon
12-30-2003, 01:40 AM
My friend Mary always makes fun of me because everytime I go to her apt. I always go straight to the computer because she has high speed. It's going to be to nice, and now I won't have to sign off all the time to check to see if I have any messages. The other thing I hate is that when I was waiting for a call I couldn't go online, but now I won't have to worry about that :)

trayi52
12-30-2003, 01:50 AM
Uabassoon, your so lucky. Keep your fingers crossed for me too! You are getting me even more excited about it now!!

Willie

CathyBogart
12-30-2003, 02:27 AM
W00, congrats!! You'll never look back!

sasvermont
12-30-2003, 05:33 AM
Just kidding, of course. We have a DSL connection at work and I simply love it. At home, since I live on an island, I will never be offered cable or DSL. We do have an option for Dish TV, if you will, but I do not have it. If they offered a wirless computer connection, then I would.

I usually wait to open email with photos and use my computer at the office. It takes forever to open them via the phone line. I sometimes don't even make it to 28.8! I could have the fastest modem in the world, but if the phone lines cannot handle it, then the modem will not help!

Congrats! I think you will find that you will be spending more time on the computer at first, then the novelty will wear off and you will be spending less time, since it will take you only seconds vs. minutes to get things downloaded, read and closed!

I envy all those with the ability to have a fast connection!

SAS:eek:

ramanth
12-30-2003, 08:14 AM
Congrats! I'm spoiled by my T1 line at work. :D

Originally posted by slick
Don't feel bad. Until a couple of months ago, I never even had a home computer and I work in the IT dept........:o :o
Don't feel bad yourself slick. :) I'm on a computer the whole day at work and I'm online 90% of the time that I don't even have a computer at home and probably won't for awhile. I like being able to wind down. :)

CatDad
12-30-2003, 09:15 AM
You will now be spoiled and will never be able to go back to dial up.:)

Tray, hopefully you will be able to get it. It all depends on how close you are to the Local station and if that station support DSL. Good Luck.

Logan
12-30-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Just kidding, of course. We have a DSL connection at work and I simply love it. At home, since I live on an island, I will never be offered cable or DSL. We do have an option for Dish TV, if you will, but I do not have it. If they offered a wirless computer connection, then I would.

I usually wait to open email with photos and use my computer at the office. It takes forever to open them via the phone line. I sometimes don't even make it to 28.8! I could have the fastest modem in the world, but if the phone lines cannot handle it, then the modem will not help!

Congrats! I think you will find that you will be spending more time on the computer at first, then the novelty will wear off and you will be spending less time, since it will take you only seconds vs. minutes to get things downloaded, read and closed!

I envy all those with the ability to have a fast connection!

SAS:eek:

Hey Sallyanne, I think I'd trade my high speed connection for your island, any day!!!!! :)

amoore
12-30-2003, 03:50 PM
I am so happy for all of you! I guess I will be still on dial up till I fall over dead. and thats when I don't have to disconnect to use the phone.

I think that is great for my friends and sister.:)

ChrisH
12-31-2003, 09:05 AM
That's great! Congrats!:D

I ordered Broadband - which is the same as DSL... I think - and I was to have delivery of the modem and get activation tommorow. I was so excited! :) Then I checked my computer capabilty (I know, I know, I should have checked before). Need two upgrades. No way can I afford them, so I had to cancel. :(

Never mind. One day....:D