PDA

View Full Version : IDEA: Pet Talk chat board!

Desert Arabian
12-29-2003, 05:25 PM
I noticed that every forum I go to they have some kind of chat system where all members can go and chat with each other. I think it would be really awesome if Pet Talk had that feature, don't you!?

I think it would be really fun, and would be a lot easier than communicating with Yahoo/MSN/AIM...because not everyone has those communtications.

Who else is with me on this idea!? I think it would be really neat!

:)

Kfamr
12-29-2003, 05:27 PM
Not really.

It'd be hard for Karen to moderate it 24/7.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-29-2003, 05:28 PM
It's a good idea, but I'm sure Karen and Paul already have their hands full running Pet Talk as it is. :)

slick
12-29-2003, 05:32 PM
It's been suggested before but nothing was done. I personally don't like the idea. If you want to chat, use MSN or something else. This is for Pet Talk - talking about pets.....

Desert Arabian
12-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Karen would appoint several responsible members to moderate the chats...that's what all these forums do. They have the ablility to clear the history, ban people from chats, set rules, etc.

Eh, if Pet Talk is for solely pets then why is there a "general" and "dog house"!?! Not too many pet topics in there,mainly dog house!? :confused:

Ooops, I didn't know it was suggested before! :o Sorry for bringing the topic back again! :o Never saw the original thread. :eek:

Karen
12-29-2003, 06:02 PM
A Chat Room is extremely costly as far as bandwidth goes, and very difficult to moderate except after-the-fact. We try hard to keep this a "family-freindly" site that is safe for children to read, and wit ha Chat Room, that would become impossible. We don't really think it is feasible for Pet Talk at this time, but will consider it in the future.

micki76
12-29-2003, 08:53 PM
I personally like to chat on AIM, MSN or Yahoo. I visit several other message boards and no one is ever in the chat rooms there. It's really just a waste. Most everyone uses a chat service instead. :)

Desert Arabian
12-29-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Karen
A Chat Room is extremely costly as far as bandwidth

Oh! I did not know that either! :D Well...NEVERMIND! :p

kingrattus
12-29-2003, 11:15 PM
I know its no PT but I do have a chat room everyone is free to use at their own risk.

I made a chat room called Animal Talk.

If you want to leave the chat room DO NOT click on the [X] at the top of the page. u MUST click on the box at the bottom right to close the chat room.

chatroom (http://jess.iahu.ca/index.php?module=SPChat&roomid=3)

& if ur gonna join my site to get a real chat username, try to use the same one u have on PT so everyone knows who you are.

My username is Jess (can't change it I own the site)

Ohya, I forgot, if u don't join 90% of the time no one can see ur messages

EDIT:!!! to create an account go here (http://jess.iahu.ca/user.php?op=register&module=NS-NewUser)

another EDIT:!!!! if you have AOL as an email, um it wont work. for somereason our email server hates AOL & wont send email to it. try to use a hotmail account & if u have to just makeone to join & never use it again.

Dogz
12-29-2003, 11:22 PM
That was nice of you, Jess.:)

kingrattus
12-29-2003, 11:23 PM
NP :)

The store has been moved to an off site server so I can use bandwith for once yay!! thats why I was able to add the videos to Max's site

apcrs5122
12-29-2003, 11:42 PM
I would like to join, but I can't figure out how to:o :rolleyes: Typical me I guess:p

Dogz
12-29-2003, 11:43 PM
I went to the home page, and then I just joined.;) You can see where to join on the right hand side.

Desert Arabian
12-29-2003, 11:45 PM
Oh, that's cool Jess!! :D

kingrattus
12-29-2003, 11:48 PM
:)

the chat has been around for a while, but I couldn't get it to work. & now it works well, members can even make there own chatrooms if they wanted to.

Tweety_Pie
12-29-2003, 11:50 PM
I joined to....but i didn't get my email with the password yet lol *still waits*

apcrs5122, to join when you go to the website on the left hand site there is a Navagator (sp?) bar....and it says "Users Stuff"

Under Users Stuff click on Change User Info click on that and it will take you to a page that says Login, Register, Retrieve Password. Click on login...

Or try this link lol

http://jess.iahu.ca/user.php?op=check_age&module=NS-NewUser

green_chameleon_girl
12-29-2003, 11:56 PM
haha im talking to myself :D *on the chat thing* I joined but I have no password yet lol

Tweety_Pie
12-30-2003, 12:00 AM
:DYAY:D I GOT MY PASSWORD!!

green_chameleon_girl
12-30-2003, 12:05 AM
YAY I GOT MY PASSWORD