PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful News!!!!

moosmom
12-29-2003, 11:22 AM
I have decided that the 5 year old, declawed Persian from kitty deathrow needs me FAR more than a Munchkin who is in a happy foster home.

Yup!! :D:D:D Tomorrow I will be picking up "Baby" (that's what I call her till I can think of a name) in the UP of Michigan.

Her elderly owner had to go to a nursing home. Instead of taking this precious little girl into their hearts, the owner's family dumped her at a kill shelter, not giving a rat's ass whether she was put down or not.

So, I'll still be at the single digits and DEFINITELY holding!!!

I'll will post pictures of her once I get her home and settled. I am SOOOOOOO excited!

slick
12-29-2003, 11:30 AM
OMG another little Persian kitty!! I can hardly wait to see pictures. Maybe my Max can have a friend :) :)

Bless you for taking this little one and I agree that you made the right decision.

catlover4ever
12-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Congratulations and bless your heart for changing your mind and taking a kitty that really is in need (not that the munchkin is not). I look forward to seeing pictures of "Baby". Congratulations again.

kimlovescats
12-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Good decision... can't wait to see pics!:)

jenluckenbach
12-29-2003, 12:11 PM
check this out (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40740)
Congratulations

ramanth
12-29-2003, 12:26 PM
Woohoo! Congrats Donna! Looking forward to pics (and meeting her in person :D )!

catland
12-29-2003, 12:27 PM
You do such wonderful work with these last chance kitties.
:D

jazzcat
12-29-2003, 12:37 PM
What wonderful news!!! I can't wait to see pics of your lucky little Persian. Bless you!!

PayItForward
12-29-2003, 01:00 PM
Gosh, I can't keep up.

So.......

Good Luck Grace/Cashmere on finding your forever home

....and.....

Welcome Baby (new name pending) :D

Cincy'sMom
12-29-2003, 03:53 PM
Congrats Donna!!! Can't wait to see "Baby" :)

ChrisH
12-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Congratulations Donna! :D Looking forward to seeing the pictures!:)

sirrahbed
12-29-2003, 04:08 PM
Hurray!!! I will happily look forward to pictures of Baby:)

CatDad
12-29-2003, 04:40 PM
WAHOO!!

Congrats on the new addition.

I know others have mentioned it, but I will now chant:

*Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures,Pictures*:D

Ok, I know that you don't have her yet, but I wanted to get a head start on demanding pics.:eek:;)

rg_girlca
12-29-2003, 06:33 PM
Oh Donna, as others have said, bless you for taking in this precious kitty. You are doing the right thing.:D
Can't wait to see pictures of her.

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2003, 07:26 PM
Congrats Donna!!!:D I can't wait to see pics of "Baby".:)

NoahsMommy
12-29-2003, 08:51 PM
That is great news, Donna!! I'm so glad you are there for her and other angels like "Baby". :)

I can't wait to see her picture!!!!

moosmom
12-29-2003, 10:18 PM
I've been driving my friends in CT CRAZY!!! First I e-mail them that I AM taking Mayhem, then no, then yes. I finally decided that Sassy needs me. She's a scared little girl and it'll probably take time for her to come out of her shell. I'm sure right now she's VERY confused. But I have every confidence it'll work out.

I promise I'll post pictures the minute I get her settled.

Hmmm...I think I'm gonna need to have my sig "updated". Oh Amy :rolleyes:

Hey Jen,

I'm STILL gonna be in the single digits. Nice try though. :D:D:D

Uabassoon
12-29-2003, 10:36 PM
I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of her :)

moosmom
12-29-2003, 10:47 PM
Okay, well I have good news and bad news.

The GOOD news is that Sassy was adopted today. The bad news is it wasn't by me. But that's okay because at least she got a furrever home.

I got a message on my voicemail from one of Mugsy's friends who is taking part in the transport. I'm happy for Sassy. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I will not be adopting the Munchkin either. She's perfectly happy where she is now and besides, it'd cost me almost $100 to fly her back with me, plus the adoption fee, which right now I cannot afford.

That is not to say I'm not keeping myself open for another kitty in need. :D

Have a wonderful life Sassy! You certainly deserve it!

Molly,

Please do not feel bad. I'm just glad Sassy got outta the shelter in time.

bisi.cat
12-30-2003, 02:33 AM
:confused: ...never mind I wish you the best of luck in your furrever homes...
Moosmom I am sure another cat is already waiting for you and your huge heart to enter...:D

PayItForward
12-30-2003, 02:42 AM
Good news that both cats have homes (abeit one foster home) and are safe & happy. :D

You still have space in your heart (and house) for the next needy soul.

I also believe in fate, so I would not expect to be in single digits too much longer ;)

catcrazylady
12-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Ok, I'm just now getting caught up and this is a whirl wind of a thread! http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif First I was all excited, then I wasn't, then I was again, then I wasn't http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif Now I think I know whats up. I'm really sorry moosmom that you didn't get either kitty BUT I'm really happy at the way things worked out!! That just left room for you to adopt another needy kitty!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
I wish you were closer because my neighbor has a beautiful registered persian that she has thrown outside!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/mad.gif Long story but at least she is not on death row. She is well fed and has a warm (as warm as it gets outside in the dead of winter!!!) place to sleep.
I'm sure we will be hearing from you soon when you find that perfect kitty that needs your help!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
12-30-2003, 05:58 AM
Donna, your part in all this was to insure that Sassy had a place to go. If that option was not open she would probably not have left the shelter and been found by her new family. Now you have a "room at the inn" and will be able to help the next little soul who needs a bit of shelter.
Have a great life, Sassy.

ps....I WILL see you in the double digits...........I can wait.........hee hee;)

sasvermont
12-30-2003, 06:07 AM
Well, as long as Sassy is going to a good forever home, I am happy. She may end up back in the loop if things don't work out, so don't totally discount her.

By the way, double digit cat owners are many, I do believe. When I was visiting the breeder this past weekend, Dave the male half of the duo, mentioned being at the Vet's with the kittens and how confusing the records must be for the Vet's office, since they bring in so many cats for exams etc. and the Vet's office mentioned that even though they were breeders (small time) and had quite a few cats - that some folks had as many as twenty eight pet cats....and that was confusing. I just giggled knowing how many cats some of you guys have in your household. I don't know how you keep peace with that many. Maybe it is magic! I can't imagine the Vet bills either. I give you guys lots of credit! Bless your hearts!

SAS

catmandu
12-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Truly Baby is a blessed Cat , and we are so happy that she has a new lease on life. When Fluffys owner wnt into the Nursing home , it is terrible as 2 of his children took Fluffys tiys , food etc. Its a good thing that my phone number was there as fluffy boarded with me. That is the only way that this 11 year old Cat dint go to the Pound . Fluffy wnt 3 years ago , but as a Pet , not as an abandoned Cat. Bless you for Caring , and may Baby be your Pet for years!