PDA

View Full Version : Starving Kitty

catnapper
12-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I must be starving Pouncer because when I came downstairs tonight, I found this:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p8753859ecd4bcefcab44f610f789abaa/fa28cb72.jpg

Yep, my Naw Tee Kitty chewed a hole through the fish food!

I'm about ready to give up the fish!!!! We spent $130 to relocate them (between breaking the pump and heater and losing all but one fish) and half the new ones died because now the thermometer broke and we didn't realize it until we started seeing new fishies floating.. back to pet store tomorrow to buy new thermometer and MORE fishies. (forgive my fish vent!!) How did the fishes last when they were swimming around in my daughter's room in murky green water?

At least Pouncer loves the fish. He spends the day watching them and even chases their shadows.

RedHedd
12-28-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
At least Pouncer loves the fish. He spends the day watching them and even chases their shadows. And eats them for snacks, if my memory serves me well! :D :rolleyes: :D :eek: :p

Pam
12-28-2003, 08:13 PM
LOL! Funny picture! I have found several things chewed through in the past 10 years by my Trevor, and he is far from looking like a starving kitty! HA! Too cute! Boy I bet he really had "fishy breath" after that snack. My husband's fish food smells awful! :p

aly
12-28-2003, 08:43 PM
Its weird, but my cats are all very strangely attracted to fish food also. They LOVE it and I have found many destructed fish food containers by them.

Uabassoon
12-28-2003, 10:13 PM
Silly Pouncer, fish food is for the fishes :) fishes are for the kitty... I mean... ummm Pouncer, leave the fish and their belongings alone :)

bisi.cat
12-29-2003, 03:42 AM
OMG...
Pouncer:"This lable reads FISHFOOD!?"
Sniff sniff sniff..."Yeah, Fish for kits...I'll have to open this and wrap my lips around it...oh yummy yummy...fish food for me!!!"

Maybe Pouncer should read the labels more thoroughly next time...heeheehee

catmandu
12-29-2003, 09:09 AM
That is a new one , as I have never heard of a Cat that likes Fish Food. But all Cats have thier own tastes , and to each his own. Moose likes tomatoes and licks the counters , when I cut one open. Odd!

amoore
12-29-2003, 09:32 AM
Funny pouncer! You are not a fish!

I'm sorry about your fish, Catnapper. What kind of fish do you have? We use to have angel fish. We gave them away to my mother when we moved to Texas. She loved them and took good care of them( Better than we did), but they all died for her.

Catmandu, Moose is weird, I have never seen a cat eat tomatoes!Funny Moose! :D

jazzcat
12-29-2003, 10:46 AM
LOL!!

That is odd but if I remember correctly from my days of goldfish years ago the fish food had a very strong smell. I could see Ripley doing the same thing due to that smell.

kimlovescats
12-29-2003, 12:04 PM
snicker, snicker!!!:D

catnapper
12-29-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, all my fishes were goldfish - that is until they died last week. We had one Molly survive, so we bought (I think) Tetras. Don't ask me.... they are small and orange with black accents. I only have them because my husband is so into having them (but not into caring for them)

They are at the top of my desk so Pouncer sits all day long and wacthes them. Before, he would jump on top of the tank, but now that he can sit on level with the fishies, he sits and watches. I promise to take a photo of it as he's too darned cute!

CatDad
12-29-2003, 04:08 PM
I am so sorry to hear that yet more fish have lost there little lives, however that is too funny. I agree that it is probably the strong smell that attracted Pouncer.

You are probably giving the fish a complex letting Pouncer eye them all day.:eek:

I think that pictures would be great.

NoahsMommy
12-29-2003, 09:28 PM
ha ha!!! That could be something in our future if we didn't start using the frozen fish food!!! :)

I bought some dog bones for my bosses dog for Christmas and the cats got to them!!! Sillies!!!

trayi52
12-29-2003, 09:41 PM
My dogs always loved the fish food. I don't think my cats ever tried to get into the fish food. LOL, maybe they like it because its smells so fishy. LOL, whatever the reason, I can just see Pouncer eyeing the fish and the poor fish looking back at it, yes I agree with Bryan, a complex for certain!

Willie:)