PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat

wolfsoul
12-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Anyone have any good remedies? My throat is killing me...It's red and swollen, and geez is it ever itchy! I sprayed some of that numbing stuff back there and it numbed everything in my mouth BUT my throat. :rolleyes: Do you think that if I put an Emla patch on my throat, that it would numb it all the way through? :o

GoldenRetrLuver
12-28-2003, 02:18 PM
Hall's Cough Drops work for me, and help with the sore throat. Get well soon Jordan! :)

bluekat
12-28-2003, 02:30 PM
I have a sore throat too, but I've been taking medicine and drinking lots of water. I have a terrible cough too:( But I know its getting better though.

Hope you get better soon too!:)

wolfsoul
12-28-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks! :) My mom forgot to pick up some Hall's yesterdday. I whink we might just have some medicine...

apcrs5122
12-28-2003, 02:42 PM
Sometimes warm/hot tea make my throat feel better, but I use numbing stuff and cough drops too.

Shelteez2
12-28-2003, 02:52 PM
I've had good luck with taking Vitamin C when I get a sore throat.

Cookiebaker
12-28-2003, 02:55 PM
Hot tea with 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of honey. It really works for me!!

Feel better soon!!!

amoore
12-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Green tea works really well for me. Hot or cold it works good.

Hope you get to feeling better, It's a real drag to feel bad on the holidays! Well.... its bad any time.

Cataholic
12-29-2003, 05:53 AM
Cookiebaker told you part II of the remedy...BUT, you have to do part I, first! Gargle with warm salt water...just use table salt...and warm tap water. Use about one tablespoon in 6 oz of water..and gargle 5-6 times with it. Do it every hour or so....it works! And, as others have said, lots of fluid...(and, I remember this from a kid, and was reminded of it the other day...but, spit alot....don't swallow the sickie germs...gross, eh? I don't know it that makes a difference or not.)

Kfamr
12-29-2003, 06:21 AM
Hot broth/soup or tea always makes my throat feel better. As for getting rid of it completely - go to the doctor. :)

dukedogsmom
12-29-2003, 08:57 AM
Well, I'm past the sore throat but now I've got the cold. That Theraflu works well. Also Tylenol Cold tablets. That's what I'm taking and I think it's helping. Of course, lots of rest. And I was going to say gargle with warm salt water also. It's horrible but it works.

amoore
12-29-2003, 11:49 AM
Wolfsoul, I think you got good advice from everyone. I hope you get to feeling better. :)

micki76
12-29-2003, 02:31 PM
Aw Jordo, I hope you feel better soon! I just got over some sickness. Maybe I sent it to you! :eek:

Definitely do the saltwater thing and the honey and tea. Just make sure to stay away from cold drinks and cold foods. Warm foods will soothe your throat much better.

wolfsoul
12-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Thanks for all the advice! :) I took some medicine, and drank some warm soup, and my throat feels much better. But now I just have to stop coughing. :eek: lol.