PDA

View Full Version : How loudly does your cat bathe?

jenluckenbach
12-28-2003, 05:53 AM
OK, so it may seem like a silly question, but I have an entire choral section going on here, and they range from subtle to annoying.
SO....................
If I were holding auditions, where would your cat come in at?

rosethecopycat
12-28-2003, 07:45 AM
Well, it's not singing. Mr. Jones sort of gathers up spit in his mouth by making a sound, it's about as annoying as someone sucking the last bit of liquid with a straw.:rolleyes:

slick
12-28-2003, 07:57 AM
OK, it's not even 6am here....and maybe I'm a little foggy....but I don't understand the question.
Are you asking if my cat makes alot of noise while I'm giving him a bath, or are you asking they make noise while giving themselves a bath???:confused: :confused:

sirrahbed
12-28-2003, 08:03 AM
Eliot (smelibutt - yeah) is the one who grooms loudly. Slurp slurp....I think he misses parts though. The others - I can't even hear.

catnapper
12-28-2003, 09:12 AM
Allen is very princely when he grooms himself. I don't think I've ever seen Pouncer bathe himself - he always just nudges Allen and Allen does it for him... whatta lazy little guy! As for noise, Pouncer IS purring quite loudly when he's got Allen conned into bathing him!

tuxluvr
12-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Sheepishly we must reveal that lil primadonna puss mz Ritz is a little "slurpycat" when she cleans...particularly the part where she chews on each toe of her back feet and bites off the ends of her toeclaws!

Necessary, but disturbing ;) :rolleyes:http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p51edc0a4ca6ebe3a603119cba63bd8a4/fb48306a.jpg

CatDad
12-28-2003, 03:41 PM
My two are really quiet most of the time.

The only time that I notice that they are cleaning is the middle of the night.:eek:

Amber
12-28-2003, 03:47 PM
maggie prolly be head singer, she gets loUD

Felicia's Mom
12-28-2003, 09:25 PM
Both of mine are quiet when they bathe.

jenluckenbach
12-28-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by slick
OK, it's not even 6am here....and maybe I'm a little foggy....but I don't understand the question.
Are you asking if my cat makes alot of noise while I'm giving him a bath, or are you asking they make noise while giving themselves a bath???:confused: :confused:
How much noise do the make when giving THEMSELVES a bath.

I realize that sining is not the best analogy, but as you pointed out, it WAS early in the AM

My Sterling would make the Reichter scale go off the dial with his slurping.
Fern, on the other hand, I have never heard her make a sound during the process.
Monte and (RB) Y.Lee both do the famous rear toe nail chomp. A very irritating ritual that would always cause me to promptly clip their nails in an effort to curtail the routine.
Jasper is fairly quiet but can move a mountain with the motion he makes while bathing.

Uabassoon
12-28-2003, 10:07 PM
Corkscrew makes a loud slurping sound, it gets on my nerves sometimes. Tibby is only loud when she's cleaning the tufts of hair in between her toes.

BastetsMum
12-29-2003, 03:28 AM
Bastet works up this fantastic Bathing snort. I think thats how she gets hairballs by snorting loose hair into her body. Its bloody annoying!

iloverat
12-30-2003, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by BastetsMum
Bastet works up this fantastic Bathing snort. I think thats how she gets hairballs by snorting loose hair into her body. Its bloody annoying!

Oh, my!!!!! That realllllllly made me laugh!!!!! :D :D :D