PDA

View Full Version : Someone black/white at our birdfeeder...not a jaybird...

bisi.cat
12-28-2003, 04:46 AM
...no, it's Willie!!! (Our garden feral/stray?!)
Although we provide him with dry cat food and water he thinks it's more interesting to hunt himself...here's his latest trick:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pf867e454a8b8210d5f04c0c6e43cfc84/fa2ab938.jpg

Do you think the chickadees and sparrows will notice?!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p93242629e5a996d2315b89d5043149b0/fa2ab93b.jpg

Well, we've noticed that he can do the same "grumpy face...bah bah" like Nellie...:)

He now accepts us from behind the window pane, but still won't let us open the door to greet him...it may take weeks or months, but eventually it will happen...

Hope you enjoy these new pictures of him!

PayItForward
12-28-2003, 04:59 AM
So this is Nellie's future brother ?

Isn't he the cat, you posted a distance photo of, him playing in your garden.

All the best with taming him but a word of caution, please get him blood tested for the nasties (Aids/Leukimia) before taking him in your home.

Barbara
12-28-2003, 05:23 AM
Willie do you really think the sparrows will take you for a bird if you sit in the feeder?

Or do you pretend to be a vegetarian feeding on sunflower seeds?

catnapper
12-28-2003, 09:22 AM
He's such a pretty kitty. You'd never know he was a stray... he looks so content and happy, no to mention well fed!

Keep up trying to convinve him that he can trust you.

amoore
12-28-2003, 10:03 AM
Willie is a pretty bird!:D I hope you can finally get to hold Willie.

Such a pretty Cat!

Edwina's Secretary
12-28-2003, 10:14 AM
I thought I saw a puddy cat???????

trayi52
12-28-2003, 11:21 AM
Willie is getting closer, isn't he? Maybe one of these days he will finally come up to you, hope so.

Willie(not the cat);)

sasvermont
12-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Wow, he is handsome. Surely hope you can get him to come inside for a rest! But not before a test.....!

Good luck...he looks like a "keeper"!

:)

bluekat
12-28-2003, 11:55 AM
He's gorgeous! He doesn't look that much like a stray though.
Hopefully he'll get more used to you soon!:)

RedHedd
12-28-2003, 12:11 PM
LOL! Willie is such a pretty bird! :D Doesn't look too "stray" to me - he looks right at home. Bet he's got a great personality to go along with his birding tricks. :)

tuxluvr
12-28-2003, 02:24 PM
..perhaps some tender vittles in the bird feeder, then leading up to the back door....

what a lovely cat!

CatDad
12-28-2003, 03:25 PM
I love the shots of him in the bird feeder, that is classic.:) He certainly is a pretty boy.

I think with time and patience you will be able to approach him.

kuhio98
12-28-2003, 06:16 PM
We seem to have a theme going here. Not sure if this will work but I'm going to try to post a photo that was in the Anchorage Daily News (Anchorage, Alaska) last week. We had 10 inches of snow in 12 hours and the photographer got a great shot of a cat in a bird feeder.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20031222/capt.akag10112222204.heavy_snowfall_akag101.jpg

Pam
12-28-2003, 08:45 PM
Great pictures bisi.cat and Kuhio! I'd hate to be a bird coming in for a landing at either of those feeders! :p Willie is quite handsome and I agree he looks very well fed. I hope he is a healthy little guy because I think Nellie just might enjoy a brother. ;) We will stay tuned. :)

Uabassoon
12-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Willie is so cute! As for his hunting skills... well I think they may need some work :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Willie sure is a gorgeous looking cat bird.:) Hopefully he'll soon gain your trust so you'll be able to approach him and give him some scritches.

bisi.cat
12-29-2003, 03:35 AM
Thanks for all your wonderful replies...but I know it will be a long long way to go with Willie and maybe he never trusts, but I hope he'll be happy around here...
There's been a young black/white cat in an amazing plight few years ago around here, covered in ticks and very thin...I've informed the local animal organisation, they've tried to trap him, but they've failed and ever since this cat was gone...:( ...until this summer, when suddenly Willie (as we named him back then) appeared again in our garden...
First I wasn't sure wether these two cats are the same, but I am now quite sure, although this cat now looks quite well fed (he's a keen hunter and they are fed at a feeding station close by) )...back in the summer I've phoned in to the local animal organization again to hear about the strays in our area and they said all have been trapped/altered/released...
But now (as he comes closer to the windows) I think I've seen something hidden under Willie's tail:eek: ...I am now pretty sure he's not neutered...
I'll phone again with the organisation to get a trap as soon as he trusts us more and as soon as the weather will be fine again, because they can't board him anywhere after surgery and he would surely freak out when he wouldn't be released quickly...

I think he very much enjoys our garden and it's funny that he and Nellie have certain time schedules who's turn it is to roam the garden...if they meet they just curiously look at each other and go their way...

I hope everything works out fine and we won't fail again trapping him...please keep him in your thoughts for a happy ending!!!
Thanks...

jenluckenbach
12-29-2003, 06:16 AM
Great pictures of Willie! :D

Kirsten
12-29-2003, 08:01 AM
What a sweet photo! :)
How does Nellie react to him? Do you think there's a chance to adopt him one day?
He's such as beautiful boy!

edited to say: I just saw your last reply, so this answers my questions. I'm at my mother's comp in the restaurant right now and they have such a slow connection. ;)

Kirsten

ramanth
12-29-2003, 08:40 AM
He is so handsome! I just can't wait till he lets you near him/touch him. :)

catmandu
12-29-2003, 09:12 AM
Now that is a clever Cat! It is like the expression , that the Late Sportscaster Red Barber used to use , sitting in The Catbirds seat. Which means to be sitting , where you have an advantage.Hopefully some day , you can make him your own. Found Cats are praying.

NoahsMommy
12-29-2003, 09:01 PM
No way!!! That is just way, way too cute!!!

I love those pictures so much, I think I'll print them and take them to work. If anyone is a jerk to me, I'll stare at them. :D

Soooooooooo cute!!!! :)