PDA

View Full Version : Be Nice - Still!

Karen
12-28-2003, 12:20 AM
I am reprising, with one amendment, an old thread:

Be Nice!

Just a word to everyone, new and old.

When someone new comes, be nice to them. Assume the best until proven otherwise. Do not assume anyone has bad intentions, is someone else "in disguise" or is a bad person just because you do not yet know them. And if there is someone here - even someone who has been here a long time - that you do not like, then please avoid that person's threads, or at least try to look at each one as a new start. People learn, people grow, and we can help each other do so!

Pet Talk is meant to be a friendly, welcoming place. We are all here because we love animals, love pets. Let us extend that to our fellow human beings, and be kind to each other.

If you are thinking of posting something unkind or hurtful, remember, that may be the first impression someone will get of Pet Talk.

I am not saying we cannot have heartfelt discussions, debates or disagreements, I am just saying we should be polite when we do. I wish everyone should treat each other with respect, even if you do not feel it in your heart.

I want Pet Talk to be the happiest place for pet-loving people it can be!

Amber
12-28-2003, 12:25 AM
Very Well Said Karen!! :D

krazyaboutkatz
12-28-2003, 01:49 AM
I'd love to see Pet Talk like this too. Thanks Karen.:)

tikeyas_mom
12-28-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by krazyaboutkatz
I'd love to see Pet Talk like this too. Thanks Karen.:)

so would I.

Tonya
12-28-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Karen
I am reprising, with one amendment, an old thread:

Be Nice!

Just a word to everyone, new and old.

When someone new comes, be nice to them. Assume the best until proven otherwise. Do not assume anyone has bad intentions, is someone else "in disguise" or is a bad person just because you do not yet know them. And if there is someone here - even someone who has been here a long time - that you do not like, then please avoid that person's threads, or at least try to look at each one as a new start. People learn, people grow, and we can help each other do so!

Pet Talk is meant to be a friendly, welcoming place. We are all here because we love animals, love pets. Let us extend that to our fellow human beings, and be kind to each other.

If you are thinking of posting something unkind or hurtful, remember, that may be the first impression someone will get of Pet Talk.

I am not saying we cannot have heartfelt discussions, debates or disagreements, I am just saying we should be polite when we do. I wish everyone should treat each other with respect, even if you do not feel it in your heart.

I want Pet Talk to be the happiest place for pet-loving people it can be!

I agree, Karen. If it doesn't get any nicer, some of the members are going to snap. *cough* *cough* Tonya

Also, can we try to think about how our comments may be misinterpreted? Sometimes things we say may not come across how we mean it. Let's all work on our communication skills together. ;)

amoore
12-28-2003, 09:08 AM
It would be nice. Good one Karen.:)

Kfamr
12-28-2003, 09:08 AM
I agree Karen. But, As I said before, it takes TWO or more to argue.

bluekat
12-28-2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for bringing that up again Karen!:) I totally agree.

moosmom
12-28-2003, 01:57 PM
You're absolutely right, Karen!

wolfsoul
12-28-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
But, As I said before, it takes TWO or more to argue.
And here I was just yelling at myself! :eek: ;)

I agree, Karen. :)

Karen
12-28-2003, 04:57 PM
You can yell at yourself all you want - just do it inside your own head, not like Gollum, arguing with his reflection! ;)

Karen
12-28-2003, 07:41 PM
bump

slick
12-28-2003, 07:45 PM
Thanks Karen.:)

Dogz
12-28-2003, 08:06 PM
Thank you, Karen. Well said.

Felicia's Mom
12-28-2003, 08:51 PM
I don't know the reason behind this, but I agree with you Karen. Thanks for posting it.

Karen
12-29-2003, 06:00 AM
You're welcome.