PDA

View Full Version : The new little camper, Chloe!

sasvermont
12-27-2003, 07:08 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pf1b459bee7d2c638a3ae661cf3456f4e/fa2c1290.jpg
Chloe, hunting for her food just moments after she came in the front door.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p581dcad74345ce20a4ea89380ef8fe6b/fa2c1289.jpg
Why won't you face the camera sweet Chloe?!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pb15099fb775c3df1b89e311015bc495f/fa2c12a7.jpg
Juni moves in for a quick sniff!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p1dcee67b49e9dfe6839ce9eb00a74ee7/fa2c129d.jpg
Chloe likes the look of the big fuzzy one and the feeling is mutual!

sasvermont
12-27-2003, 07:11 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p0d35c02697dd7e76ee91caca8242250c/fa2c1297.jpg
Juni, Chloe and Winter....where oh where is Miley?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pb751c6e36780e10aba45c5af2551ed39/fa2c127e.jpg

What did you expect? A social animal?!!! She is going to play hard to get!

Tomorrow is a new day. Wish us a good night's sleep, at least!

I am tired. It was five hours each way. Chloe was out of the container (she cried too loudly) and sat on my lap the entire way home. She is a sweet one for sure. Juni is enjoying the chase game. Miley is residing on top of a cabinet right now! Surprise!:eek:

Don't you love the way Winter trashes the room? She dumps all of her dishes, shreds the papers, tosses the stuffed animals all over.....tomorrow is cleaning day!

PayItForward
12-27-2003, 07:13 PM
Welcome home young Chloe :D (Are you keeping her name ?)

Great photos...She looks like she is settling in very quickly. :)

Goodnight Sallyann, don't let the bed bugs bite ;)

jenluckenbach
12-27-2003, 07:17 PM
If looks could kill........
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pb751c6e36780e10aba45c5af2551ed39/fa2c127e.jpg
:D :D

Chloe sure is cute. Can't wait to hear all the "antics" ;)

lailamara
12-27-2003, 07:17 PM
Chloe is a cutie for sure. Looking forward to hear about her personality unfolding. Juni seems friendly and rabbits are a curiosity to my guys too. They never know quuite what to make of each other. When I bunny-sit they always sit around watching each other or my guys chase Harvey around the living room chair. Has Miley given her opinion of the new camper yet ??:eek:

Tonya
12-27-2003, 07:25 PM
Chloe is a beautiful kitty. You can tell that she has personality.

My husband wants me to ask you...what kind of bunny is Winter? We've never seen a bunny like that before. Winter looks so perfect that he/she seems like a stuffed animal! I want to nuzzle her. :D

neko1
12-27-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

A trademark Aby "dirty look"!!!

Chloe is a cutie, but then again, aren't all abys?!!!;) :)

Can't wait to see more pics of her and rest of the crew:D

slick
12-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Cloe!!!!! You sure are good-looking and should fit in just fine. Just ignore that Miley for now; she will come around.

Great pictures SAS, but I have to admit, I'd love to see more of Winter :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-27-2003, 08:19 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Chloe.:D You sure are a cutie pie. At least Winter and Juni are being friendly towards you. I'm sure Miley will accept you in time too. I look forward to hearing more about you and seeing many more pics too.:)

Logan
12-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Welcome home, Chloe!!!! :) Sallyanne, she is darling, but I'll look forward to seeing more of her face!! How in the world will we tell the three of them apart when they are all grown up???? :o

Vermontcat
12-27-2003, 09:10 PM
Sas, it is so nice to see three happy campers but I am a little worried about "Mad Miley".
I hope she gets used to the idea of another little cutie around the house and I hope you can get some sleep there tonight.
I can't wait to see more photos and to make a plan to visit Camp Vermont.:)

Edwina's Secretary
12-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Welcome Chloe!!!

How in the world will we tell the three of them apart when they are all grown up

Right now they look like stair steps but I agree...how will we tell them apart? (Miley's expression may help us spot her...)

What a doll!

CatDad
12-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Chloe is a very pretty baby.:) Love the photos, especially of her and Winter.

I am sure that Miley will come around. I agree that we need more pictures.:)

Pam
12-27-2003, 09:26 PM
I am yawning but had to check in before bed to see if little Chloe has officially become a Pet Talk kitty, and yes she has! YAY! What an adorable little thing she is! She actually makes Juni look big. Imagine that! :) I can't wait for the tales to start! I bet the first one will be concerning tonight and your lack of sleep! Let's hope it's not so, but I remember Trevor and Andy's kitten days (I still have the bags under my eyes to prove it! :p )

This picture of Miley just kills me! :D :D :D
I think her pose might be considered *The Mad Meatloaf.* She certainly doesn't look like she is interested in this crazy new little intruder, at least not yet.

Winter is precious as usual and I still can't believe she is real. What an unbelievably gorgeous little thing she is and she seems so unflustered in a setting with 3 kitties! :) I have no idea how my boys would react to a bunny, but I'm sort of afraid to even think about it! LOL!

Sweet dreams SAS (that is, if you ever get to sleep.) Hope the Christmas tree is anchored! LOL!

shais_mom
12-27-2003, 10:16 PM
They are all gorgeous!!!!
I love each and everyone of your furbabies!!
Welcome home and Welcome to PT Chloe!!! :)

Miss Meow
12-27-2003, 11:32 PM
She's gorgeous :) And not a shrinking violet, if she's at the foodbowl in record time!

rg_girlca
12-28-2003, 12:29 AM
Awwwww welcome to PT little Chloe. Can't wait to see your sweet little face next time. Hope all goes well tonight.
I still can't get over Winter. He is such a beautiful bunny.

bisi.cat
12-28-2003, 04:59 AM
How cute, a new camper!!!:)
It looks like so much fun for Juni, Winter and Chloe...
Miley just needs some more time to find out that this new addition won't mean any harm...Hugs to them all!!!
:D :D :D

Barbara
12-28-2003, 05:08 AM
Oh Miley I know this disapproving look. Filou can do that so well:)

You will see that the new addition gives you more quiet time. That Juni will have a friend for chasing games and raids and you will get many kissies from your meowmie because she won't be quick enough to kiss the others:D

Chloe baby seems to know no fear -I love that. I hope your bed is big enough for 3 kitties and am so curious to hear more.

sasvermont
12-28-2003, 10:58 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/pc75d268edac7efa2b547d6001f45c445/fa2a056b.jpg
Chloe!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p3ba7859d54da17383cd25ad511a4547d/fa2a046c.jpg
Another one taken earlier this AM, after a chase game with Juni.

It seems that the kitten is a cling-on. It slept right next to my face last night and stayed in bed until I finally made the big attempt to get up and get dressed. Juni cried at the bedroom door until I let her in around 5 AM. Miley came in, hissed, climbed to the top of the closet and went to sleep.

Juni and Chloe have finally stopped being so surprised by each other's company. Miley is just being Miley. As soon as she sees Chloe or Juni, she hisses and runs. She is fine though. It will take a few days for her to put her ego back where it belongs. If I can find her, I will reassure her that her spot at the top is not being threatened.

Chloe seems to have a genetic problem with her feet. All three of the kittens from the litter have issues with the toes. So, I think it was in an earlier post, someone mentioned the photo of Chloe looked as though she had bred with a monkey, thus the long toes. She and her sisters do have unusually long toes and each one of the sisters has a funny (turned out) toe nail. I will take a photo of it someday. If I keep it cut short, I think it will be fine. I figure if it should be removed, I will have it done when she gets her pre-lady spaying! Don't want to have to put her out any more times than necessary.

Chloe seems to be a good fit.

:cool:

jazzcat
12-28-2003, 11:20 AM
What a cutie!!

I'm so glad she seems to be a good fit. How interesting about her toes. I did see that pic and thought they were longer than normal but very cute.

Please keep the pics coming. I especially love seeing Winter interact with the kit kats.

neko1
12-28-2003, 11:46 AM
She's too precious!!! Gosh I want another aby sooooo bad!!:)

lailamara
12-28-2003, 12:01 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid95/p3ba7859d54da17383cd25ad511a4547d/fa2a046c.jpg
Another one taken earlier this AM, after a chase game with Juni.

She is soooo cute. She reminds me of Maya when she was her age except that Maya's red not ruddy. Her being fearless will help her in her dealings with Miley, whose cantankerousness (sp?) I can understand. Not to many females of any species like others in their turf. Extra hug to Miley (and the others when out of her sight.) My comment about her monkey paws was in reference to her look of potential trouble maker. They are rather cute pawies!
;)

Barbara
12-28-2003, 02:26 PM
Awww Chloe- that facie.....between those ears.......
Did I tell you I love you?

Kissies to my special friend Miley. Love to Juni:D
Scritchies for Winter.

I just notice: Chloe looks a lot like Maya:)

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2003, 02:42 PM
What a cutie!!! Welcome to PT Chloe!!!

sasvermont
12-28-2003, 04:14 PM
I just now caught Juni and Chloe on the cat tree, and Chloe was sleeping allowing Juni to bath her....every now and then Juni would hiss, but Chloe did not budge or even open her eyes. She must be in heaven, having an older kitty groom her. They are both curled up together now, sleeping.

Miley is melting a little. She will give it up soon, I am sure. Chloe is just so non-violent that she cannot possibly pose a threat to Miley in a physical way, anyway.

I did capture Miley a little while ago and cuddle her and let her know that she is my fav kitty! and will always be.......

Thanks for all the good wishes with Chloe. I do hope she grows into those paws and claws!

SAS

Vermontcat
12-28-2003, 04:35 PM
Sas, thanks for the updates and photos.
Chloe sure is a cutie! I am so glad that Juni is enjoying her company.
Give Miley some extra hugs from me!:)

jenluckenbach
12-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Now THIS is cute!:eek: :D

Pam
12-28-2003, 08:32 PM
Awww SAS, it sounds like a really good blending up there at Camp Vermont. Chloe sounds like an outgoing little girl who will be barrels of fun for Juni and, in time, I am sure at least an item of interest to Miley. Who knows what the future may hold. Maybe some day we will see a little kitty pile of 3 with lots of grooming going on. :)

Uabassoon
12-28-2003, 10:21 PM
OMG Chloe is just too cute :) I love that little face! I can't wait to see more pictures.

krazyaboutkatz
12-29-2003, 12:37 AM
Chloe sure is adorable and I'm glad to hear that she's fitting in well at Camp Vermont. I can't wait to see more pics of her.:)

Randy_K
12-29-2003, 01:01 AM
I missed the thread on you getting a new kitten. Chloe is beautiful and I'm sure Miley will accept her soon. You keep dumping her little world upside down!

Vio&Juni
12-29-2003, 02:44 AM
Oh, Chloe is sooooooo sweet!

I am glad she and Juni are sleeping together already.

Chloe's behaviour reminds me Pichu's when we took him in, he didn't show any fear, he didn't respond to any of Juni's hisses. This is a great attitude, she'll be Miley's and Juni Rose's best friend in a very short while. I guess, this is a way to show that they accept the other cats as top cats. Our Juni loves Pichu a lot, but she reminds him from time to time who's the boss around here, although Pichu is bigger already and much heavier.

BastetsMum
12-29-2003, 03:23 AM
Chloe is just simply gorgeous! I love those ears!

Cataholic
12-29-2003, 05:04 AM
Sounds like Camp Vermont is already settling down. Welcome Chloe to your furrever home. I know you and Juni will be fast friends, and Miley can observe from a safe distance.

sqwelch
12-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Tonya

My husband wants me to ask you...what kind of bunny is Winter? We've never seen a bunny like that before. Winter looks so perfect that he/she seems like a stuffed animal! I want to nuzzle her. :D

I read this post and had to double back, I too thought winter was a stuffed animal, I could see the greens lying about which was confusing me slightly !!! Please post some Winter pics for me !!

And Chloe looks like a wee sweety, good luck with the new addition !!!

HayleyRosie
12-29-2003, 09:04 AM
I can't believe I missed the news about you getting a new kitten. Congratulations!!!

Welcome little Chloe! You are a beauty. I can't wait to see more pictures.

catmandu
12-29-2003, 09:05 AM
Chloe is cute as a Button , and will soon adjust , and be a part of the family. Con Cat Ulations on the new addition!Found Cats Meeeow!

ramanth
12-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Chloe is adorable!! Welcome to Pet Talk little one. :) It's great that she and Juni bonded pretty much from the get go. Miley's expression is just priceless. And I LOVE Winter's ears. He almost doesn't look real like sqwelch said.

NoahsMommy
12-29-2003, 08:56 PM
oooooooooooooohhhhh! Chloe is beautiful, SAS!!! :)

Wonderful news that all three girlies are getting along well together. Sounds like a great home to live in...three gorgeous Abys. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Chloe seems to be a good fit.
Ahhhh...the best news ever. Peace still reigns at Camp Vermont. :D

Chloe is sooo adorable!!! But then again, I think all Abys are adorable - especially the kittens. Seems Juni Rose and Chloe have already hit it off wonderfully.

I love the pics with the kitties interacting with Winter. Winter is the most adorable bunny......and I was wondering....now this is no way a comment on the state of Winter's room....but I was wondering if you were going to collect all the stray bunny fur and knit yourself an angora sweater? ;) :D I've never seen a real live angora anything, and her fur looks so incredibly soft that I can now see why angora sweaters are so soft. :)

Congratulations SAS, and a nice big welcome to Chloe!:D

Steffi N
12-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Dear little Chloe, I too am happy to welcome you to your new home and to Pet Talk. You are adorably cute and I am glad you and Juni are making friends.
Miley, you know you are still Top Cat and that your mommy loves you. :)

kimlovescats
12-29-2003, 09:23 PM
WELCOME sweet baby, Chloe! So glad to hear you are fitting in well at the camp! I can't wait to see lots of new pictures of you and the others!!!:D

sasvermont
12-30-2003, 05:55 AM
Well, the nights have been fine and that is important to me. Chloe was raised by my breeder's neighbour's child (teenager) who let the kittens sleep with her each night. Thus, Chloe is a good little sleeper and cuddle bug!

Juni is being kind to Chloe. Miley is less angry and comes to me to be consoled and loved. She will come around eventually.

Chloe is getting more and more brave as the days pass. She is quite curious, especially around the computer equipment and screen. I finally bought a new monitor (flat, 17") and the detail is much nicer than my 1995 verison of monitor! The cats love the brightness but miss the warmth of the back of the monitor. Now I leave the a little heating pad on for Ms. Miley....

All in all, things are running smoothly. Of course, everyone here is eating the wrong food......including Juni eating the rabbit's pellets and greens! I hope they all survive the food exchange!

Winter is fine with all the cats. Her fur is able to be saved to knit with, but I am sick of seeing it already, why would I want to knit with it too! Just kidding, but it is everywhere, especially right after I clip and groom her. Nearly every wash load has a huge "pill" of rabbit fur attached to something and sometimes everything! Ugh! But I do love Ms. Winny so and she is finally becoming friendlier!

Vio&Juni
12-30-2003, 06:39 AM
It's good to hear that everything is going well in Camp Vermont :)

catcrazylady
12-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Well I'm late but I'm trying to get caught up. WELCOME PRECIOUS CHLOE!!! She is adorable!! It sounds like it was a fairly easy transition and everyone is finding their place. Wonderful news!! Poor Miley will eventually come around, but how wonderful that Juni and Chloe are already friends!
Congratulations on your new precious baby!!

sqwelch
12-30-2003, 09:40 AM

Winter is fine with all the cats. Her fur is able to be saved to knit with, but I am sick of seeing it already, why would I want to knit with it too! Just kidding, but it is everywhere, especially right after I clip and groom her. Nearly every wash load has a huge "pill" of rabbit fur attached to something and sometimes everything! Ugh! But I do love Ms. Winny so and she is finally becoming friendlier!

I hate to be a pest but can we pretty please see some more pics of Winter, she looks adorable !!! I rescued a dutch rabbit a few months ago but unfortunately he passed away when he was at the vets getting the snip, he was only with me for 6 weeks but boy did we bond. (Had to get him snipped cos he was trying to get jiggy with my cat Bonnie, apart from that they seemed to be getting on fine!) Do your cats play with winter ??

ChrisH
12-31-2003, 01:10 PM
Oh, my, Chloe is adorable! :) Congratulations!:D

Great pictures, looking forward to seeing lots more!:D

sasvermont
12-31-2003, 07:11 PM
It seems that Winter and the cats are getting more and more friendly and active as the days go on. Winter is seldom in hiding and that allows the cats to inter-react with her. Sometimes all kinds of noices come from Winter's room....banking, clanking, etc. but never a mean sound. Cats and bunnies do get along! I PROMISE TO TAKE SOME PHOTOS OF WINTER OVER THE WEEKEND!

:)

jenluckenbach
12-31-2003, 07:19 PM
OVER THE WEEKEND???????!!!!!!!!????????????:eek:

But isn't it only Wednesday????????:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Vermontcat
12-31-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
OVER THE WEEKEND???????!!!!!!!!????????????:eek:

But isn't it only Wednesday????????:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Oh I am sure that Sas will have some new photos on the weekend considering that Camp Vermont will be having some visitors with cameras there!;)
Maybe Sas would like me to stop by tomorrow too since I will be up in her area anyway.

sasvermont
01-01-2004, 05:34 AM
Zoe, tomorrow will be fine. I would love to have you and your fam stop by!

And I promise to take photos soon, as in today! I am up early and have had my coffee. I will take the time to photo the fuzzy one and then download the photos!

Bye...off to do the shoot!

SAS:D

P.S. I had a "three cat night" in bed last night. Progress. Miley is melting.....my little ice queen.

Vermontcat
01-01-2004, 11:01 AM
Sas, I will call you a little after 1 PM to let you know when I will be up your way.
I will probably be able to visit you for an hour before I pick up my kids.
I can't wait to see the Cat and Bunny Act!:D

Cataholic
01-02-2004, 06:14 AM
I am SO jealous that the two of you get to meet/socialize. Sign....if only I still lived in NE....if only....

Pam
01-02-2004, 07:22 AM

P.S. I had a "three cat night" in bed last night. Progress. Miley is melting.....my little ice queen.

YAY! This is good news indeed! I think the 3 kitty grooming pile that I am wishing for is right around the corner!

SAS, no need for a blanket on a 3 cat night. :p I usually have a 2 dog and 1 cat night (Andy prefers single accommodations elsewhere) and am always toasty warm although I can't move. :rolleyes:

catmandu
01-02-2004, 09:24 AM
Chloe is very brave , I ahve never , ever had a New Addition , that was not afraid , for at least a few days! BJ was the fatstest , in a week , but it normally takes a month for them to go right to the dishes. But then again , there are more Cats , to be leary of , here.Chloe the Cutie Pie , potential COTD!

Vermontcat
01-02-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
I am SO jealous that the two of you get to meet/socialize. Sign....if only I still lived in NE....if only....
Well Cataholic, prepare to be even more jealous after tomorrow!
I will get to see Sas and her pets and another mystery Pet Talker and her dog too!:p

I took some photos of the cats and bunny yesterday.
I am working on cleaning out my photo storage space so that I can post them tonight.

If you want to see some new photos of the bunny look here.
Winter pics (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40934)

Cataholic you really should move back to New England.
But there are a lot of Pet Talkers that you met at the dog park that I would love to meet too.
So, I'm jealous of you too.:p
And I really would love to meet your herd of kitties so you will just have to come to Vermont sometime!:)