PDA

View Full Version : Another story that I have been working on.

petlover
12-27-2003, 12:24 PM
The silence was about killing me. I wanted to know. I was so ancious to hear the news that I was about 10 inches off of the edge of my seat.
My parents were sitting in the corner whispering about something. I leaned closer to try to hear but all that I could hear was a bunch of jumbled up words.
I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I stood up quickly and walked over to the doctor. My parents started to get up, but I gave them this look of "don't you even think about it."
I was scared as I walked. I then relized that I didn't want to hear the news. I started to walk slower. The look on the doctor's face was not a happy look. He looked more worried than anything.

" So, how is she? I asked anciously when I reached him. He looked down and sort of whispered something.
" She has a pretty serious fracture on her left back leg." he whispered. I took a deep breath and asked him the questions that I was thinking about the most.

Me: Will she ever be able to race again?
Doctor: Afraid not.
Me: Do we have to put her down?
Doctor: It would be best, but if you refer to keep after her for the rest of her life then that is your choice.

I decided to put her down. I cried myself to sleep that night. She was in pain and I didn't want for her to suffer. Other than that.. Barrel racing was the one true thing that she loved most. Taking her away from that would be like killing her, but not going to Rainbow Bridge to be happy.
I didn't race for a long time after that. I was too afraid of having to go through that again. I didn't think that I could go around the barrels feeling as strong and brave as I used to. I would be too afraid to have my horse fall down. I loved the sport of barrel racing. Ever since I quit, I have never been able to be excited over much. I had lost my love and I wanted it back.

This is my story of horses, faith, love, fear, and of course..
Barrel racing

Is that good?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Sounds good so far Jan! Keep going!

petlover
12-27-2003, 02:37 PM
This is my story of horses, faith, love, fear, and of course....
Barrel racing

This time of the day, was the day when noone would hear of sitting down, watching a movie, or chit chatting. It was %100 work. Of course, I was the one that mainly worked with horse training. I also showed a steer for show.
I was working on training a 3 year old stud to get used to having a saddle on his back. Dust was going everywhere. He was bucking, biting, and doing everything that he could to get that saddle off of his back. I had the rope wrapped around a pole in the middle of the corral and was holding onto the end.
Our cowhand rode up on a buckskin paint that he had trained himself for cow work. He had a shirt in a big bundle in his lap. I could hear cries coming from it. I slowed down the little stud that I was working with, and walked out toward the cowhand.
He was smiling and talking to something. I walked over and started to admire the shirt that he was holding. The cowhand's name was Brady. He was very nice. He was crazy about animals. I loved that part. He also rode broncs.
"Hey Kaylin, look what I found." he said excitedly. He held out the shirt and I grabbed a hold of it gently. Inside I saw a really pretty blue heeler puppy. I gasped and started asking Brady a bunch of questions.
" Where did you found the poor thing?" I found him around Pace Creek. he said nicely.
"Is he a stray?" I asked. Not any more.

petlover
12-27-2003, 05:41 PM
Bump.:( ;)

countrycowgirl
12-29-2003, 05:25 PM
oh i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol thanks i will have to write you a story i love to write this has brightened up my day:D :D :D

countrycowgirl
12-29-2003, 05:26 PM
keep going i want to hear more:D

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 01:38 PM
yeah keep going!it 's really good!:D

petlover
01-04-2004, 09:15 PM
I grabbed the puppy in my arms and pressed my cheek against it's soft cold nose. I giggled and looked at the puppy happily. I looked up at our cowhand, smiled, and said thank you. He said your welcome, and asked with the training of the colt. I thought for a moment and then just said sure. After all, I could always use a little help with Gunsmoke. ( The colt in training):)

Here is a pic. of Gunsmoke.:) Which is the colt that I am training in the story.:)

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 09:18 PM
gunsmoke is pretty! wirte faster!

petlover
01-04-2004, 10:47 PM
We walked toward Gunny. Gunny's eyes flaired up and I caught sight of something inside of him. It was like something was grabbing me and pulling me forward. I couldn't breath for a good while. I couldn't even move. I saw some of his past. It was like a shadow of rolling stones tumbling over the sea. I couldn't understand it at the time, but I knew that he was trying to tell me something. I tried to explain it to Brady but all he could say was " Yep, you're our next Pet Mind Reader". I rolled my eyes and smiled. " I didn't expect a BOY to understand." I said in a teasing way.
I turned the other way and started talking to myself. " Oh my gosh, I am flirting with him." I said quietly. He turned toward me with a curious look on his face. I smiled and felt myself turning red in the face. I made the excuse that I had to go check on the puppy. He smiled and said that he would see me later. I waved and ran back to the house. Inside, I had my mom, dad, sister, and my 3 brothers waiting at the table for supper. Embaressed, I sat down and bowed my head to say grace. The only thing was, noone started. Everyone stared at me like I had bird poo in my hair. I ran my fingers through my hair. No, all was good.. I thought.

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 10:51 PM
lol! what was wrong??? why are they staring at her?

petlover
01-04-2004, 11:12 PM
My brothers giggled. I stared at the floor, but stared at my brothers every few seconds. My mom started to giggle a bit afterwards. Then my sister. My dad just looked at the floor and pretended to be admiring his fork. When I looked up again, I saw that my brother had something hidden behind his back. I looked at him in that way that freaks him out. He smiled.
At that very same moment he lifted up his hands and shook my diary in front of my face. My face turned so red from the mixture of embarrement and anger. I nearly jumped over the table to get after him. I lounged off of my chair but my dad grabbed me and sat me back down. My brothers and sister started to bust out laughing. My mom sort of tried to explain why it was ok for him to have my diary.

Mom: Kaylin sweety, we don't keep secrets from each other. You know that we don't allow diarys in this house.
Me: Mom, there is some personal stuff in there that I FLAT OUT don't want you to know.
Dad: But Kaylin honey, we need to know stuff like what you have in there.

I was steaming red at this time. I was ready to pour out everything that was in my diary. I was mad enough to tell the whole world and even Brady. The one I feared most to read my diary. I decided just to let them knoe EXACTLY what I thought and put in my diary.

Ok, do you guys really want to know what I think?
For one thing, I don't like this little secret telling rule that we have! How can we ever even have a secret if we have to tell it?!? Another thing, yes I have had a majorly large crush on Brady since I was 7. So... That is MY bussiness. You guys DO NOT need to know that. My little brothers DEFINATELY don't need to know that!!!

I felt better after letting all of that out. I sat back down and started to breath deeply. I smiled at everyone and bowed my head. Little did I know that someone else besides my family were standing right behind me when I said all of that. I wished that I wouldn't have gone as far as I did. Because I was so embarressed at the time.:o

G.P.girl
01-04-2004, 11:27 PM
:eek: OMG!!!how exciting!

petlover
01-05-2004, 12:48 PM
" Can I see Kaylin for a minute?" I heard a voice that I recognized behind me. My sister giggled, and my mother sort of gave a sour smile. I finally decided to get up and and turn around to see if it was really who I thought it was.... It was.

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 05:43 PM
he's going to tell her he likes her too right???:D

petlover
01-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Shannon, I can't tell. I will write the answer in a minute. But, I cannot tell now.:D I am going to make you suffer.:D :cool:

petlover
01-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
he's going to tell her he likes her too right???:D

How do you know that it's a he???:p

petlover
01-05-2004, 10:18 PM
It was Brady, my 7 year crush. I followed him slowly to the back yard. I knew that I would have to look at him and talk sooner or later. I started to get ready to say something. Right then, he turned around and stopped. I could feel his eyes laid on me.
I started to to look up, but then he spoke first...

Is that all true? What you said in there? he said calmly.
About you liking me since you were 7?? he looked at me curiously
Yes, it's all true. But, I was scared to say anything because...
I was dry in the mouth. He looked at me again and gave a little smile.
Because you were scared? Because, you were afraid I wouldn't like you back?? he questioned me.
Because... I was afraid that you wouldn't like me back, or think that I was silly liking you like that. I looked down and admired the patches of grass inbetween the large fields of dirt.
He took my hands and and held tightly to them.
I don't think that it is silly that you like me, or that you thought that I wouldn't like you back. he said gently.
I looked at our hands all cupped together like that and closed my eyes. For a moment, I thought that I could really feel something. It was one of those silent moments.
I opened my eyes and found myself still looking at the ground. He sighed and started to speak again.
" You know, I have had a crush on you more then once." he said quitely. My eyes sort of widened and I had a lot of stuff going through my head. Like, questions I never answered, my future, the barrel horse that I lost. I looked up at him with gentle eyes.
I could feel myself lighten up, as if I was light as a feather. It was like someone had lifed me off of the ground when I looked into his eyes. I could feel myself drawing into him, like I was being reeled in like a fish from the sea.
I could feel our lips getting closer to one another, the moment that I had been dreaming about for years....

G.P.girl
01-05-2004, 10:22 PM
OOoooOOOoOoOOOOOo......Kissy kissy kissy! lol it's really good! more!

petlover
01-06-2004, 01:25 PM
As I could feel myself getting closer, I could also feel myself wanting to step back more and more. I finnally decided to let my body win. I let go of his hands and took a step back.
"I'm sorry, I just don't think that I am ready for all of this." I said quickly and and burst off toward the house. I didn't know what had gotten into me. I felt as if I didn't even know him anymore. It was like that was the first time we ever met.
When I got into the house my brothers and sister were staring at me of course. Then my brothers started chanting that stupid chant...

" Kaylin's gotta boyfriend, Kaylin's gotta boyfriend."

I striked back at them and gritting my teeth lightly I said..
" He is not my boyfriend."
We began eating and I couldn't help but notice that my sister kept staring at me. She didn't have a smile on her face though. More like an unsure look. I knew that she wanted something from me so after dinner I asked.
" Ok Anna, what do you want?" I said sternly. "Well...she stuttered softly. Then she pointed to the barn and gently said..
" I want you to teach me how to barrel race." A smile flew across my face like a strike of lightening. This would be fun.

countrycowgirl
01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
oh its sooooooo good me like keep going:D :D :D

petlover
01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
I was afraid that you wouldn't like the kissing part Kaylin.:) But, I am glad that you like the story. I was hoping that you would like it.:D Anyhow, I will write more of the story later, when my gusts go home.:)

countrycowgirl
01-06-2004, 08:09 PM
i love it
can't wait to hear more:D

G.P.girl
01-06-2004, 09:38 PM
no kissy kissy?:( lol more please

petlover
01-06-2004, 10:11 PM
Awww, I knew that you would be surprised when she walked away.:) I have to keep ya on your feet don't I? I can't just let you get to guessing right on what's gonna happen.:D

G.P.girl
01-06-2004, 10:25 PM
haha i always guess whats going to happen...it's not my fault you changed it becaus ei guessed it..right?;) :D :p

petlover
01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
I walked down to the barn with Anna. Anna got her riding pony out of it's stall, tied it up, and began brushing it. I watched closely as she brushed, making sure she did everything right. So far so good.My eyes wandered from Anna's hands to Brady unsaddling his cow horse. I tried not to look to where he noticed, but enough to see if he was up set. I took another step closer to see if I could see his face.
Of course, with my luck all that I remember is waking up to Brady's face. Anna said that when I was walking I tripped over a little stool that Anna uses to climb up on her pony.

I will write more after I feed my lamb ok guys? :p

petlover
01-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
haha i always guess whats going to happen...it's not my fault you changed it becaus ei guessed it..right?;) :D :p

Oh no!!!:eek: I didn't change it because you guessed it. Don't think that. I already have it written down. I have it planned out.:p I like how you can " predict" what's goin to happen to. It makes everyone wonder.:D

G.P.girl
01-07-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by petlover
Oh no!!!:eek: I didn't change it because you guessed it. Don't think that. I already have it written down. I have it planned out.:p I like how you can " predict" what's goin to happen to. It makes everyone wonder.:D

hehe i was just kidding....:D hehe

countrycowgirl
01-09-2004, 11:58 AM
this story is getting really good:D

petlover
01-09-2004, 12:48 PM
Hey kaykay, ( I emailed you):) I forgot about this story.:o :( Sorry. Here's some more.:)

I felt so embarrassed. I found myself laying in a huge pile of hay, and I had a huge bump on my head. It took me a minute to get focused and then I stood up slowly. I remembered that I still owed Anna some barrel racing lesson.

I hopped down from the pile of hay and walked over to where my little sister was hoofing her pony's hoofs out. I leaned against her pony and tried to get fully focused which was hard to do at the time.
" Feel better?" my little sister surprised me with saying something.
" Yes, I feel better. Are you ready to saddle your pony?" My little sister sort of smirked and said with a brief sigh... "sure, why not."

When I finnally got the barrel pattern set up and got Anna secured on her barrel pony, I began to walk around the barrels slowly, showing her all of the cues that she needs to follow in order to give her horse signals to turn, slow down, and go faster. I kindly explained the A.R.T ( approach, rate, turn) of barrel racing.
When it was time for her to go around the pattern, I stood at the sideline and gritted my teeth in hope that she would get it right. By the time she took off I was calling about 30 commands pere second. Yes, she was doing fine, but I just wanted to remind her. It sounded kind of like this...

Lean forward! Sit down! Say easy! Pick up her shoulder! Check! Hold onto the saddle horn! Slide your hand down! Lean forward!

Yes, that was a bit of commands, but she followed them and looked great while doing them. When she got back from the pattern, I told her that she did great and told her to do about 4 more patterns exactly like that at a trot and then for her to lope her pony around the arena a few times.
I sat on the railing and watched ( quietly) to see if she was doing everything right, and by golly she was doing PERFECT! She did everything that I told her to before. I sat in a stare as she led her little barrel pony around the pattern exactly correct everytime.
"You listen well Ann!" I shouted excitedly when she passed me while loping. " I learned it all from watching you!" she yelled with a bit of pride in her voice. I was proud to know that I was a good example in one category for my younger siblings. I was VERY proud of that.:)

I hope ya'll like that for now. Kaykay, I will write more of that dog story next time I e-mail you. Well, I g2g for a while.

Bye guys!

countrycowgirl
01-09-2004, 02:32 PM
I Love It!!!!!! :D :D It is wonderful

Jan I will email you back when I get back from checking on big guy and riding and working with scarlett so when I get back from the barn lol when I email you Ill write somemore on my horse story for you:D :D :D

petlover
01-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Ok Kaykay!:D Talk to you later!:)

Bye bye

petlover
01-28-2004, 06:47 PM
I can't believe I totaly forgot about this story...:o Sorry for making ya'll wait...

While helping Ann unsaddle her pony I didn't really talk much like I usually did. I didn't feel like it.. My gaze kept drifting off to Brady standing in the 3rd stall brushing a horse. I tried not to look but I kept on. I knew that I did the right thing by walking away.. but I felt like I shouldn't have, like I should have leaned a bit more forward and fulfilled my *magical* moment...

By the time I got out of this daze I found myself with a saddle in my face. I stepped back a step to see why the saddle was in my face, and what the cause of it was...
" Can't hold.... much.. longer..." I heard Ann's voice coming from behind the saddle. I grabbed it quickly and headed toward the tack room. I looked at the colt I had been training and sort of chuckled as I walked by.. I was training him to be a roping horse. He was so lazy and fat, it was hard to see anything in him. That grayish brown color of his was nowhere near attractive, and he was as slow as a cow.. Roping horse? HA!! The only thing he came close to being was a pony ride horse. But, I felt that I could train him... so I kept trying.
In the 5th stall, I saw Radar, Brady's horse.. So big and strong. That horse would be an awlsome roping horse. I wish the colt that I was training would turn out that awlsome.. But I had my doubts.

Here is a picture of Radar. I hope you guys didn't get sick of waiting for me to write.:o :)

countrycowgirl
01-28-2004, 07:46 PM
oh melike melike :p lol sorry i love it and rader is GORGOUS:D