PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray for Nakita :(

aly
12-26-2003, 09:47 PM
I got a call at 8am this morning from Nakita's new mommy. She said that Nakita had a really rough night with vomitting and diarrhea. She's also lethargic. Shelly (her new mom) had her at the vet as soon as they opened and she stayed there until 6pm on fluids. Unfortunately she didn't respond to them so she was transferred (by Shelly) to the emergency vet. They said she will most likely have to stay until Sunday. She tested negative for parvo on both parvo tests, but they are treating it as if she did have parvo because of her symptoms. There is a small chance it could be parvo anyway even though she tested negative.

Today is the day after Christmas and Shelly's husband's birthday and I feel like I've just ruined it for their family. I never would have given Nakita to them if I knew she was going to get that sick. I've been apologizing up and down and offering my help. Shelly is being very nice about it though. By the end of the weekend, she will probably have spent over $3,000 on a puppy she has just had since Christmas Eve.

Please pray that Nakita gets better for this wonderful family. I am heartbroken and devastated. I'm going to go visit her in the morning at the hospital :(

GoldenRetrLuver
12-26-2003, 09:49 PM
Oh Aly, you know it's not your fault. :(
Nakita will be in my prayers. Get well soon little one!

K9soul
12-26-2003, 11:05 PM
That's awful :(. I know you must feel doubly stressed worrying about Nakita and worrying about her new family too. I'll keep the baby in my prayers.

shais_mom
12-26-2003, 11:51 PM
Its not your fault Aly!!
I hope she gets well asap!

KYS
12-27-2003, 12:05 AM
Ally you had no way to know.
SO DON"T BLAME YOURSELF.
If Shelly and her hubby chose to spend
$3,000 for vet care for Nakita after 1 day of
owning her, that is their decision.
Please don't feel bad, they sound like very nice people,
just like you are. :)

Sending lots of good thoughts that she will be ok.

delidog
12-27-2003, 06:16 AM
Oh Poor Baby!!!
We wil be Praying for Sweet Nakita...What a Beautifulpupper!!!!
Don't blame Yourself....There is no way you could have known....
Lets' Just work on GettingHer Better!!!!!
Hugs and Prayers!!!!

Please let us know how she is doing...

Kfamr
12-27-2003, 06:31 AM
Aly, there's no way it's your fault, so please don't feel as if it is.
It's no ones fault because there's no one who can say what's going to happen tomorrow or the next day.

I'm sure (and I hope) little Nakita is going to be alright. Maybe this is just her way of making sure this family is alright -- they've already spent this much on here, and if they continue then she's sure to get tons of milkbones in her future. :p

Do you think maybe there's something in their home she could be allergic to, or is there something she ate?

Cincy'sMom
12-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Poor Nakita!!! We'll be praying she gets better fast!!!

Aly.like everyone else has said, Don't blame yourself!! THere is no way you could have known

Tonya
12-27-2003, 07:54 AM
I'll be praying for Nakita, Aly. Don't let it get you down. You've touched so many animal's lives. Even though we want the most perfect stories for all of them, there are bound to be a few hardships with as many animals that you save. Keep us posted on Nakita.

RobiLee
12-27-2003, 08:11 AM
Ah, Aly. I am so sorry to hear about this. Please don't be so hard on yourself. This is not your fault. My thoughts and prayers will be with Nakita today. She is such a pretty girl. Please keep us posted.

Hugs...Robin

pitc9
12-27-2003, 09:42 AM
GET WELL SOON NAKITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisH
12-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Aly, I am so sorry to hear about Nakita. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

And, Aly, there is no way that you are to blame. Please, please, stop being so hard on yourself.

Big Hugs
Chris

Foam
12-27-2003, 06:47 PM
Poor Nakita..you're in my thoughts, sweetie. :(

delidog
12-27-2003, 06:50 PM
Aly,
Any word on Dear Nakita????

tikeyas_mom
12-27-2003, 07:16 PM
poor nikita i cant believe i missed this post :(:(.. i will keep her in my thoughts.. :(:(

slick
12-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Sorry I missed this post too. Prayers on the way for Nakita!! I'll be watching for a postive update.

Kfamr
12-27-2003, 09:34 PM
Updates?

aly
12-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Its not good at all.

I can't type a lot - too upset.

Been at emergency clinic on and off all day. She has no white blood cells and her red blood cells were barely enough to keep her alive. They did 2 plasma transfusions and told me her condition was poor to guarded. She's throwing up still and just pouring out pure blood out the back end.

They are doing surgery tonight to look for a blockage.

Kfamr
12-27-2003, 10:05 PM
:( :( :(

{{{{{{HUGS TO YOU ALY, and to Nakita and her new family}}}}}}}

:( :( :(

GoldenRetrLuver
12-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Oh no. :( :( :(
I'll keep the prayer's coming. :( :(

delidog
12-27-2003, 10:35 PM
Oh Poor Nakita,
We are here for you....aly...Please keep Trying!!!

Good Luck!!!

Hugs and Prayers for Nakitah!!!!

Sudilar
12-27-2003, 10:56 PM
My prayers are going out for Nakita and you, too, aly. Please get better, pup, we're praying for you.

micki76
12-27-2003, 11:04 PM
Poor Nakita! Oh Aly, I hope she recovers. :(

It just sounds awful. :( Please keep us updated as much as you can.

aly
12-28-2003, 12:25 AM
I'm too scared to call the clinic for an update :( :( :( :( :(

Crikit
12-28-2003, 12:40 AM
Oh Aly, I'll keep little Nakita in my thoughts. I hope she's able to pull through this.

micki76
12-28-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by aly
I'm too scared to call the clinic for an update :( :( :( :( :(

Aw, Aly. I'm sure hoping she'll be ok. :(

Kfamr
12-28-2003, 01:53 AM
Aly, if you do have it in you to call, please keep us updated. I understnad if you don't though. I'd be scared too. {hugs}

Maybe you could call Shelly and ask her what she knows, but for her to give any information to you softly?

delidog
12-28-2003, 03:57 AM
Aly,
I know how hard this is....is Shelly at the clinic with Nakita????
Maybe the Clinic will call You Soon.....

Hugs and Prayers

Logan
12-28-2003, 05:40 AM
Aly, Nakita is in our thoughts and prayers. I do not blame you for being so upset. What a shock for all of you! Please keep us updated as you can. And we'll be praying.

Cookiebaker
12-28-2003, 07:22 AM
Oh Aly, we are keeping both Nakita, you and her new family in our thoughts and prayers.

{{{HUGS}}}

You have been through so much lately. :( Please take good care of you, too!! :(

Sudilar
12-28-2003, 09:08 AM
aly, I am so afraid to check this thread. I hope and pray that Nakita pulls through this. She is such a beautiful pup with so much to give. Strong prayers coming her way.

primabella
12-28-2003, 09:43 AM
This is so awful! :( Aly, it's not your fault at all. Nakita will be in my prayers. :(

aly
12-28-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm still too afraid to call the clinic and I haven't heard from Shelly. I won't be able to take anymore bad news :(

Mocha and Sterling will not eat and Sterling woke me up at 5am with a weird howl that sounded like he was in pain. I am going to take them in for fecals and parvo tests :(

Sudilar
12-28-2003, 09:55 AM
Prayers, prayers...for Nakita, Mocha and Sterling.....please let them be ok, please...

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2003, 09:58 AM
I too am afraid to check this thread...and afraid not to! I sure hope ALL the puppies will be okay. Mocha and Sterling may just be upset cause they kow you are. We'll keep praying.

aly
12-28-2003, 12:04 PM
I was loading up my puppies into my car and a cat ran up inside the underneath of my car. I spent 30 minutes trying to coax him out with tuna before I decided to unload my puppies back into my house since they were acting normal again. (I figured out why Sterling was howling - he's got ear problems, not a big deal to fix). Anyway, sometime when I was fiddling with the puppies and cat, I missed a call from Shelly. She left voice mail and I do not want to check it. I really really really really have been preparing myself for the absolute worst. I'm so scared :(

aly
12-28-2003, 12:09 PM
Thank God.

She made it through the surgery last night. They didn't find anything. I was hoping they would so we would know what is going on with her. Shelly said that she didn't look worse than yesterday, and *maybe* a TAD bit perkier. Shelly held her in her arms and she got some vitality back. She started looking around at the other dogs and seemed a little more alive.

Also, she hasn't thrown up since 1am so they might try to feed her in an hour.

PLEASE KEEP THE PRAYERS COMING!!!!!!!!!! This strong little puppy will have the best life if she pulls through this.

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2003, 12:11 PM
I know you don't want to hearit if it is bad...but maybe it will be good and you will continue worring needlessly. And either way, you can deal with it, and at least know what is going on instead of thinking the worst.

Take a deep breath, say a little prayer and listen to the message. And know we are all here for you no matter what it says.

Glad to hear the other pups are feeling better. Ears are no fun, but easy to deal with :)

Cincy'sMom
12-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Oops, you posted while I was :)

Glad Nakita made it throught he night and the surgery. We'll keep praying she continues to get stronger :)

tatsxxx11
12-28-2003, 01:14 PM
Thank goodness she made it through the surgery and is beginning to feel a bit perkier. I was so afraid to check the thread too:( We are all praying very hard for her Aly. Keep thinking positive thoughts, ok? And please don't blame yourself for anything. You're an earthly angel to all of these creatures and we all know that and so does Nakita and so does her family. Please, get well soon precious Nakita.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-28-2003, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear she made it though the surgery!
Keep us updated!
Get well soon Nakita!

delidog
12-28-2003, 06:26 PM
Dear Aly,
So Glad she came through the surgery...(Didn't sound like blockage)...Heres' Hoping she can Keep some food in her...and benefit from the nourishment.....

Poor,Poor Baby,Nakita......All Paws,Fingers and eyes are crossed for you....
You and Aly are in our Prayers....

So Glad your Pups are better...Like Amy said...maybe they felt Your stress...as long as they are alright...thats' ALL that matters

Please let us know how Nakita is doing....I know its' hard....But we all want the best for You and Her!!!!

Nicole
and the Fur kids

Cataholic
12-28-2003, 06:56 PM
I could hardy breathe, waiting for your next posts. Prayers for Nakita coming from Ohio!

aly
12-28-2003, 08:05 PM
Hi guys,

I don't want to get false hopes, but I just got back from visiting her and she looked much better. She has not thrown up again and kept food down. Her temp is back to normal and her eyes are not so droopy and pathetic anymore. With that said though, I didn't get to talk to a vet so I am not going to celebrate just yet. She did LOOK better and at least that is something. Shelly and I are visiting her in shifts so she can have as much time in someone's arms as possible. She really thrives on human touch. She's such a sweet girl.

Thanks for all the prayers. I feel much better after seeing her so that is good :)

K9soul
12-28-2003, 08:07 PM
I think it's a huge step forward if her temperature is down and she has quit throwing up. I just think that is a very big relief. I'll continue to keep the baby girl in my thoughts and prayers.

aly
12-28-2003, 08:27 PM
I just talked to sweet Angel Shelly. She talked to the vet and Nakita (Teddy is her new name - the little girls named her after a teddy bear) is doing better like I thought :) She will be transferred in the morning back to the normal vet to be observed and slowly weaned off her fluids and anti-nausea medication.

She MIGHT be able to go home tomorrow night, but they couldn't make that promise.

Keep your prayers coming that she keeps getting better and can go HOME!!!!!!!!! She's spent more time at the emergency clinic than at her home :(

aly
12-28-2003, 10:54 PM
Sorry for the bad quality of this pic, but I don't have a scanner so I took a pic of it with my digital camera. It is one of the pictures on the Christmas card Shelly gave me. These are her three daughters. The 9 yr old (in the middle) is the one who named her Teddy. Aren't they cute?

*edit* I took the picture out because I felt weird posting childrens' pics in a public place. I must not have been thinking last night - I was too happy :)

slick
12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
That's great news about Nakita and of course the prayers will continue!!!!

luckies4me
12-28-2003, 11:19 PM
I am sorry I missed this thread. Nakita sounds like she has found an awesome family. I hope she gets better soon and keep giving us updates on her condition. My thoughts are with you and Nakita's family. :)

delidog
12-29-2003, 04:47 AM
Yeah Aly!!!!!!!
That is Great News!!!!!!!!
Pet Talk Prayers Still Coming for Sweet Nakita!!!!

Sudilar
12-29-2003, 06:53 AM
Glad to hear that little Nakita is doing better. I will continue the prayers that she gets well quickly to rejoin her new beautiful family!!

delidog
12-29-2003, 07:12 AM
Any News This A.M.??????
Sorry to be a pest....
I just want to know Nakita and Aly are well

pitc9
12-29-2003, 07:40 AM
Come on Teddy..... keep on getting better baby!!!
We all pulling for you!!!

ramanth
12-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Still hoping that Teddy aka Nakita pulls thru. Her new family (the daughters) are so adorable.

I can sympathize.... it was horrible being in the animal hospital with Kia when she was vomiting and leaking blood from her rear. Scary situation.

Hugs to all of you.

aly
12-29-2003, 08:38 AM
Shelly picked her up at 6am and brought her to her normal vet. I am sure everything is still fine or she would have called me.

I'm going to talk to the shelter to see if Shelly can have a free adoption and also adopt her without having her spayed first (we haven't done the official adoption yet ... shhh). Shelly will have her spayed when she's six months old. I just don't feel comfortable having her little body go through the surgery after all the physical stress from mange and parvo (or whatever it was).

mugsy
12-29-2003, 12:06 PM
I've said my prayers!! I hope she gets to come home soon. I would think the shelter would waive the fee with as much money as your friend has put into her. I'm glad she's getting better.

aly
12-29-2003, 12:42 PM
I just got back from visiting Nakita. She had a rough night. She was apparently feeling so good that she ripped out some external staples and internal sutures. Next sentence is slightly graphic!

They found her with her intestines hanging out and did another surgery to fix her up. Unfortunately this increases risk of infection and lengthens her stays at the vet clinic during the day and emergency clinic at night.

She was not doing so well when I saw her, but I think it was from all the drugs in her system. Hopefully by this evening when I visit, she will be perkier again.

Cataholic
12-29-2003, 01:36 PM
This poor, poor puppy and her family of lovers. Please get better, Nakita!

Kfamr
12-29-2003, 01:41 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Do you think they could put one of those cones on her this time, So she's not able to do that? I'd hate to be the one who found her like that. It hurt my stomach thinking of it.

aly
12-29-2003, 02:36 PM
Yup KayAnn, she is a conehead now and HATING every minute of it. She squeals when you put it on her. Then she screams in pain from the squealing (hurts her tummy).

When I went to visit her, Shelly was there rocking her in a chair and talking to her. It made me cry to see her so caring over a puppy she had for 36 hours in her home. I love that woman and her whole family. Bless them.

Karen
12-29-2003, 02:45 PM
Tell Shelly that we love her so much, and are sooooo glad Teddy is on the mend. Do tell her about Pet Talk, so she'll know to report in herself!

Kfamr
12-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Aly, I'm so happy to hear how much love and care they've already given to Nakita a.k.a. Teddy. Once again, you've done good. It makes me smile just thinking about Nakita's great family. How perfect are they? :)

Cincy'sMom
12-29-2003, 03:36 PM
What wonderful people you found for sweet Teddy. They sure have pured their heart and soul into her the same way you have and continue to for all your fosters. I hope Teddy has a better night tonight.

captain
12-29-2003, 04:28 PM
Prayers and Hugs for Teddy and her new family ........ :)

delidog
12-29-2003, 05:17 PM
Oh Poor Baby...What a Wonderful Mommy SHelly is.....
Wow,Haven't they both been through enough????

I hope that your visit tonight finds her feeling better....

aly
12-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Nakita got her protein high enough and started eating on her own so she is being released today. Shelly actually picked her up at 5am (and cancelled a meeting she had at work this morning) because she was so excited.

I am on my way to Shelly's house to puppysit while she goes to her other meetings.

Sudilar
12-30-2003, 08:13 AM
Yay!!!! Great news!! Hugs to Nakita, Shelly and Aly!!

ramanth
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Yippee!!! :D

pitc9
12-30-2003, 09:50 AM
This poor little puppy, so new to this world and has already gone through all of this..... oh I pray she makes a speedy recovery!!!

God Bless you and her new family!

I'm sure she'll get plenty of love, and will heal fast!!!

Please give her a hug from Sierra, Buddy and I!!!

luckies4me
12-30-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by aly

They found her with her intestines hanging out and did another surgery to fix her up. Unfortunately this increases risk of infection and lengthens her stays at the vet clinic during the day and emergency clinic at night.

I would go to another vet! What the hell were they thinking NOT having a cone on a puppy? It's common sense! How stupid could they be??? She could die from infection because of THEIR stupidity!

They should have had a cone on her BEFORE this happened, not after. This really makes me mad that they acted so irresponsibly. :mad: :( :eek:

luckies4me
12-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by aly

I am on my way to Shelly's house to puppysit while she goes to her other meetings.

PICTURES!!! :D

delidog
12-31-2003, 06:08 AM
Yeah Nakita,Aly and Shelly!!!!
I know that she isn't out of the woods yet...
But at least she is responding positively.....

Have fun Puppy sitting!!!!!!!

Pics,Please?!?!?!?!?

Kfamr
12-31-2003, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by luckies4me
PICTURES!!! :D

DITTO!

aly
12-31-2003, 08:27 AM
Sorry guys, I was too occupied taking care of her to remember pictures. She has to eat every 2 hours to keep her protein up so we had a routine of eat, potty, sleep in my arms which we repeated all day long. I went out and got her some Pedialyte to put on her I/D food. I also stopped her by the vet and got her antibiotics.

She's doing good and loves her new home. She has their big male Husky on his back all the time (even with all those staples in her tummy, bandages on both legs, and a cone head) :)

Cataholic
12-31-2003, 12:07 PM
Hopefully, with such a rough start in her very young life she has nothing but smooth sailing here on out.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-31-2003, 02:44 PM
I have been anxiously following this thread. I am glad to hear that Teddy is doing well. What a wonderful family she has!! And you are so great yourself! Thanks for helping this lil pup till the very end!

punkgrl993
12-31-2003, 04:13 PM
omg i am so happy for nakita(sorry if i spelled it wrong) i gave so much prayers for her last night! i am so happy. when ever sumthing happens to a pet i am there to help it.

im use to these things, mom works at a animal hospital......so iv seen alot of afwl things.....well i am happy nakitas alright and hopes she gets here streangth back. i hope she gets lots of attention and love.well let her rest most of the day
i hope she gets much better i am happy she went throught the sugurey.well i am really happy for her.:Dyay!!!

Corinna
12-31-2003, 05:34 PM
Whats the story on the adoption are they going to charge her ? So glad teddy is doing great.

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 06:19 PM
Wow, I just now got over to the dog side to see this post. Poor little thing!! I'm so happy she is back home and doing better. Bless Teddy, you and Shelly (what a wonderful new mom)!

delidog
01-01-2004, 05:06 AM
bump

Cincy'sMom
01-01-2004, 10:07 AM
Great news for Nakita!!! How happy you and SHelly both must be to kow she is at home!! Please keep us updated!!!

aly
01-01-2004, 02:14 PM
Shelly gave me a call today and said our little girl finally pooped! And its not diarrhea! Woohoo :D She's got her strength and energy back and even went for a little mini jog with her mommy.

She's going to be just fine and I couldn't be happier :D :D :D

If the shelter doesn't waive the adoption fee for them, then I will pay it for sure.

Cookiebaker
01-01-2004, 02:17 PM
That's great news, Aly! I am so happy for Shelly, Nakita & you! :D

delidog
01-01-2004, 07:06 PM
WOO!!!!!HOOOO!!!!!!!
Aly,Have You EVER been SO excited over a POO?!?!?!?!?

Congratulatulations!!!!!!!!!!!
Hug Nakita for me!!!!!!!!

Now its' time for Pics,EH?!?!?!?

KYS
01-01-2004, 09:43 PM
Woo Woo Woo! that is great news.

cloverfdx
01-02-2004, 01:38 AM
WooHoo that is awesome news Aly :D i was praying hard for lil Nakita.

primabella
01-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by delidog
WOO!!!!!HOOOO!!!!!!!
Aly,Have You EVER been SO excited over a POO?!?!?!?!?

Lol what I was thinking :D

That's great news Aly!! I'm so happy for her! :D

aly
01-02-2004, 08:58 AM
THANK YOU EVERYONE for the prayers and well wishes. They really helped my little girl survive.

I didn't really mention this but on Monday Sterling got really sick. He was lethargic with bloody diarrhea and wouldn't eat that day or the previous day. I took him to the clinic at the shelter and he had two parvo tests that were inconclusive. I was scared out of my mind and the shelter clinic staff basically told me I was on my own if he had parvo because they would be on vacation for a week (which is REALLY stupid but we won't get into that). I was SO upset and scared. I got some wormer for him in case it was worms and picked up some Pedialyte and Nutrical also. Mocha never got sick so after a couple days I felt better that at least it wasn't parvo. Anyway he's back to his normal self now so I guess it was an icky case of the worms. BLECH!

At least I don't have parvo in my house. If I did, I couldn't foster another puppy for at least 9 months.

Cincy'sMom
01-02-2004, 09:16 AM
What a scary time this has been for you Aly!!! I'm so glad everyting is getting better and all the puppies are doing well. You are such an angel!

lv4dogs
01-02-2004, 09:54 AM
sorry i missed this thread, but i am so glad to hear that evrything came out a-ok! You will still be in my htoughts until nakita is completely out of the danger zone.

She is a mighty mighty cute pup, what is she? collie/husky??????

aly
01-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by lv4dogs
She is a mighty mighty cute pup, what is she? collie/husky??????

Thanks :D I think she's Husky/Shepherd but your guess is as good as mine!

K9soul
01-02-2004, 11:14 AM
What a tremendously trying time for you. I'm so glad things are finally clearing up. I can't imagine all the stress of that. Be sure to take care of yourself too!

pitc9
01-02-2004, 12:49 PM
WOO HOO!!
Everybody is better!!!

THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!

My Peanuts
01-02-2004, 01:18 PM
This sounds really terrible, but when you posted the first post I barely made it through and I didn't want to read it anymore. :( I was afraid to hear what was happening to poor Nakita. Today I finally read through the posts. Even though I'm a little late I am sending my prayers and I am so glad the little girl is getting better. :)

One question though, Shelly hasn't officially adopted Nakita yet? I wasn't sure if I understood you correctly. If so, that is the best thing I have heard in a long time! Spending all that time, heart ach, and not to mention money on a pup that "technically" isn't yours. WOW! I wish more people were like that in the world.

aly
01-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
One question though, Shelly hasn't officially adopted Nakita yet? I wasn't sure if I understood you correctly. If so, that is the best thing I have heard in a long time! Spending all that time, heart ach, and not to mention money on a pup that "technically" isn't yours. WOW! I wish more people were like that in the world.

Yup, she technically isn't supposed to have her yet, but I knew she was a wonderful woman so we sorta cheated a little so Nakita could be with the family for Christmas. We will do the official paperwork at the shelter sometime next week. Shelly had Nakita for 36 hours before she had to rush her to the emergency room where she spent 4 days and 4 nights, had 2 surgeries, 2 plasma transfusions, countless medication and constant IVs. Can you IMAGINE those vet bills? Plus she has been to the normal vet 5 times since Shelly got her. I feel terrible that Shelly had to pay for all that. I don't know how to pay her back. If things had happened any other way and Nakita didn't have Shelly and her family, then Nakita would most likely have died :( But everything worked out, thank God.

delidog
01-03-2004, 06:45 AM
Thank Dog!!!!!!
Dear Aly... You are The Best!!!!
So glad Nakita,Sterling and Mocha are ALL feeling better...
Hope that you are Too.........

Hugs and Treats!!!

wolf_Q
01-03-2004, 11:03 PM
Oh Aly, I can't believe I missed this! What a terrifying ordeal for sweet Nakita!! I'm so glad she's doing better. What a wonderful family she ended up with! (think you could convince them to join PT? ;) )

Uabassoon
01-03-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm so happy to hear that Nakita is doing better :)

delidog
01-04-2004, 06:53 AM
Bump

Sudilar
01-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Glad Nakita is better!!
What do the vet's think Nakita had to make her so sick???

aly
01-04-2004, 01:40 PM
They don't really have any clue what was wrong. The sickness was identical to parvo. But it can't be parvo or else at least one of my other puppies would have caught it since its so contagious (after Nakita was declared mange-free, I let them stay gated in the kitchen together). But I guess it is possible that it could be parvo and my other pups didn't catch it though because I have seen a litter of 8 pups at the shelter and all but 2 had parvo.

Its a huge mystery, but I am so grateful that it turned out good. It was really rough getting through it. Nakita is one of the strongest puppies I've ever seen, pulling through all that she has. I know a major factor were the visits she received because she just thrives so much on human touch. Also the prayers saved her so thank you all :)

Sudilar
01-04-2004, 01:48 PM
A Christmas miracle!! Woohoo! :D

delidog
01-05-2004, 04:42 AM
Yeah Nakita and Aly!!!!!!
So Glad you are feeling better!!!!!

Hugs and Treats!!!