PDA

View Full Version : so how was your christmas?

cali
12-26-2003, 09:49 AM
I know some people wont be back yet, but for those who are how did your christmas go?

last night we went to a family friends place, where we exgaged gifts, then had a yummy supper, then we all gatherd in the living room to watch "grandma got runover by a raindeer", then the hosts got desert ready and served, we had apple pie, pulla, and ice cream, yummmmm, and basicly we just relaxed, it was a great christmas, I have not had a chrismas with anyone other then my imediet family since 1996. so it was a real treat, and much funner then being alone at christmas!:D

12-26-2003, 10:20 AM
This is all 3 of us, just before we started our gourmetdinner

Karen
12-26-2003, 10:28 AM
What's pulla?

Had a nice Chritmas, though the littlest member of the family, my two-year-old niece Marylin Jean, wasn't feeling well, so we missed seeing that part of the family.

Spent Christmas Eve with Paul's family, and Christmas day with mine, and there was plenty of food and good company at both places.

lovemyshiba
12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
Our Christmas was rough.
We took all 4 dogs to my parents' house, where they also have 2. Before we even left on Wednesday, we got the call that my sister, who just recieved her driver's license on Saturday, had totalled the car. The most important thing, is that she is fine, and she had Spike with her and he's fine too. She pulled out in front of a car, and it hit her, totalling the car.:( She was shaken up a bit, but fine.
We got there, and were unloading the car, had the dogs gated on the back deck, when all of a sudden, I saw 3 run past me--all 6 of them got out:eek: :eek: Abbey ran straight to the front door, Jada did too, Max came back right away, and Riley just took a lap around the house and came right back. But Spike and Kito became partners in crime, and took a little tour of the neighborhood. We got them back fairly quickly though.
***I did learn a lesson though--when we travel out of town, the dogs need another tag, with our cell numbers or my parents number on it--I was in a panic that Kito would go somewhere, someone would find him, call our number here, and obviously, we weren't home.****

Then we went to my grandmother's, as is our tradition on Christmas eve. She and my great aunt opened their gifts, and we had a lot of great food.

The night was tough, with Jada and Max playing, of all things. Max hasn't done more than sleep and eat in years (he's 15), and those 2 were so hyper--I have no idea what got into them!!!! It was nice to see him playing though, he still has a little in him. It was just tough because my parents don't have a fenced in yard for them to go out and play in, and the house was crowded--6 people and 6 dogs, plus the Christmas tree and everything!!!

Christmas morning was nice, and my stepmother made brunch, and my grandmother and some more family came up. Riley took off on us again, and we had to get him--he just wanted to check out the scenery. We left without going to dinner at my aunt's and were home by 5.

On the way up, 3 dogs got sick in the car, and only 1 on the way home, but Abbey got scared when we went over some rumble strips and dove into the front seat. I climbed in the back and sat with them for the rest of the ride.

It wasn't awful, just a little rough.
We did have a nice time, and saw my family, and spent last night at home, just us and the dogs--very relaxing!!!

binka_nugget
12-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Sounds like you all had a nice Christmas. Good to hear. :)

I had a not so great christmas although I'm not really big on christmas. No presents were under the tree for me. Of the 12, none for me. My mom left at 11am to play Mah-Jong (Chinese tile game) so we were home alone for the whole day. I was grumpy and lost it with my sister..I lost my voice after yelling. I've never yelled like that. Not the greatest christmas but I made up for it by spoiling myself at boxing day sales today.

cali
12-26-2003, 05:35 PM
I was going to to shopping for boxing day today, but my dad and my friends who ent earlier said there was nothing, no sales, no people, and over half the stores were closed:(