PDA

View Full Version : Advice

CamCamPup33
12-25-2003, 12:56 PM
Do any of you remember the puppy that lived next door to my sister that i said was being abused, he was the one who looked like cami.. If you do, i have some updates... That dog isnt there anymore, now there is a new dog.. Can anyone guess? Yep. A pitbull.. Pitbulls are illgeal in the county where they live.. Here are my problems.. I just went to my sisters house and she was telling me about the dog.. The dog is still a pup, maybe at the most 8 months.. He's always kept outside, chained to the fence with not much room to walk, he is not fed, he is abused... Im afraid they are gonna raise the dog into a fighter.. :( Anyway, my sister said she wants to call the Spca on them, but im really afraid they are going to euthinaze the dog, because they are illigeal.. My sister says they wont, that they will send it to my county, where they arent illegal. But, thats not true, they most likley willl euthinaize him because they dont know his previous expeirences ect.. So, do we turn them in for abusing their dog, and get the dog euthinazed? I want to just take it, and let it come live with me.. Its goregous.. Help!

binka_nugget
12-25-2003, 01:05 PM
Maybe have your sister talking to them first? Maybe she can ask if it'd be okay if she took it for walks and gave it some attention. You can also try looking for a pit bull rescue and see what they have to say.

Twisterdog
12-25-2003, 02:36 PM
There are fates worse than death, CamCamPup33.

Yes, it would be a tragedy to see an eight month old puppy euthanized, simply because it is a certain breed. However, it would be a far, far, far worse thing to see it grow up abused, hungry, scared and tortured, tormented and slowly killed in a fighting ring.

A quick and humane death now would be far, far kinder than that kind of life, and ultimate death.

If they are raising the dog to fight, or just don't care, they are most likely not going to let anyone walk it or pet it. And breed rescue cannot do anything, unless the owner of the dog legally signs it over to them. You could get in SERIOUS trouble by "just taking it."

Call Animal Control and report the facts. It is the responsible, legal thing to do.