PDA

View Full Version : Trick Advice

Dogz
12-24-2003, 06:48 PM
I *really* want to teach Prince and Digger (maybe Chubby) to balance a treat on their nose, and also hold it in their mouth. (Otis feels left out about the nose holding trick) Can you tell me how you taught you dogs to do these tricks? Thank you, and wish me luck!;)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Daisy learned the balance a treat on your nose today! Well...for a few seconds. :p All I did was put it on her nose and say "Leave it, Stay", and she kept it there for a little bit! :)

tikeyas_mom
12-24-2003, 06:57 PM
i tryed to teach my dogs that, but it didnt work lol they wouldent keepo the treats on their noses :p. silly puppies. :D Oscar doesnt have much of a nose to keep a treat on anyways ;)..

Dogz
12-24-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Daisy learned the balance a treat on your nose today! Well...for a few seconds. :p All I did was put it on her nose and say "Leave it, Stay", and she kept it there for a little bit! :)

Good girl, Daisy!:)
Prince is starting to get the hang of it, I just need some tips and stuff.:)

Kfamr
12-24-2003, 09:08 PM
For both tricks when I taught Nala, I'd say "Stay" or "No".

If started to move or get it i'd correct her, put the treat back where it was supposed to be (on the nose or in her mouth) and said stay again. It didn't take her long to learn them at all, which is surprising because she's a food hog.