PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer's gift

catnapper
12-24-2003, 01:48 PM
We are moving the fish tank from my daughter's room into my office. For the move, we put the fish in a large pot and then on the table, where Pouncer - much to his excitement - thought he had gotten the best gift of them all... a pot of fish open and ready for his enjoyment.

Needless to say, a few did not make the transition and Pouncer is quite proud of himself. I'll be stopping by the pet store on Friday to re-stock the tank... and no, he will not be going along on this trip!;)

jenluckenbach
12-24-2003, 02:20 PM
OH NO!!!! RIP poor little fishies.
Sorry, but I must admit to laughing. It's just that I am too old and cat wise to ever think that an open pot of fish would ever be safe ANYWHERE in my house. I'm still laughing.
BAD POUNCER !!! snicker......:D

RICHARD
12-24-2003, 04:38 PM
SUSHI!!!

For Xmas!!!

:eek:

catcrazylady
12-25-2003, 12:04 PM
OH Pouncer you NAUGHTY kitty!!! Poor fishies but a very Merry Christmas to you Pouncer!!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

CatDad
12-26-2003, 01:01 AM
LOL:D

RIP Little Fishies.

Uabassoon
12-26-2003, 01:21 AM
Pouncer you silly kitty, fish are friends NOT food!

catnapper
12-26-2003, 07:25 AM
Ummmm, we went from having about 15 fishies to ONE. Apparently Pouncer figured out how to lift the lid while we were gone and had a ball. The last one was the hardest for us to catch when we moved everything, so he probably couldn't get near it (poor little fishies) We found him poking at the little floating fishies (I'm cringing still)

No wonder my daughter kept things on top of her tank - she learned from experience when Allen was a little guy! So I am DEFINATELY headed to the pet store today for more fishies... really, I feel just awful about the little lives lost yesterday and Christmas Eve. At least now I won't feel guilty about changing from only goldfish to other breeds - we couldn't do that before because everything else always died when put with the goldfish.

I still feel bad about our lost friends becasue a few of them we've had for 3 years.

jenluckenbach
12-26-2003, 07:33 AM
I know that aquarium lids for fish are made differently from aquarium lids for small pets (like my mice) but I bought clips to keep the lid in place that even I can't open without the help of a screw driver as a lever.
might keep the causualty list to a minimum.
Still laughing though, sorry.:o

Barbara
12-27-2003, 08:07 AM
Pouncer you naughty baby! I hope you ate them at least!

I am sorry for the fishies- I am sure you bond with them if you know them for so long.
:(

catmandu
12-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Poucer thought that you brought him , some really , really fresh Sea Food. My Pouncer and Scrappy did the same thing with the two Gold Fish , that I bought forthier asusement. Gulp , no Fishes! Hoping your replacements do better!