PDA

View Full Version : THREAD(S) of the YEAR! 2003 :)

ramanth
12-24-2003, 09:37 AM
If I'm posting this too early, I appologize now to the powers that be. :)

If I recall correctly we did this last year.... if not... :eek: I'm losing my mind! LOL!

Anyway.... my nominations for Thread of the Year..

Cat side: Nomilynn and her darling Bassett. Who knew that an internet community could come together like it did to give a cat a second chance at life? We did! :D

Dog side: Cataholic and Binx. We're still working miracles with that big lovable goof. :)

Onwards to 2004!

Corinna
12-24-2003, 10:32 AM
I think the most fun are the Thursday Threads. But I agree the Bassett thread pulling us all to gether was the best.

Cincy'sMom
12-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Good choices Kim!

My personal favorite fromthe dog side was the rescue of Spot, just cause we got a great boy out of the deal.

I think Chance's story deserves mentioning too, with all Valerie and many others did to ensure he was not only saved originally, recovered from his injuries and found a home for Christmas :)

ramanth
12-25-2003, 10:25 PM
Great suggestions guys! :D

catland
12-25-2003, 10:31 PM
As much as I love the Thursday threads, I think that they are more of an honorable mention, and that pet related threads should rate higher.

One other possibility, even though this brings up bad memories for some, is our handling of the Jessica12345 "death" hoax. It was one of those "people are at their best when things are at their worst" moments. I really felt like a part of a very special cyber community - first in our genuine outpouring of grief, then in our stunned disbelief that someone could do such a cruel thing to us. We healed and became closer after that.

mugsy
12-26-2003, 06:41 AM
On the dog side, I think the CRISIS in Northern IL is pretty important too (maybe because I got so personally involved) And another near and dear to my heart is the thread about getting James Bond, Timber, and Moses to my friend Kim...what great people we have here on PT.

Cat side...I'm sorry, I'm of no use.

General: Thursdays is a good choice. Another personal thing...how about the Birfday Bash thread....what a response there was there.

Pet Talk was a busy place this year!!

RICHARD
12-26-2003, 11:46 AM
How's about

Dog thread OTY
Cat thread OTY
General TOTY
and
TOTY...

More to vote on and every section gets a mention?

:)

Miss Meow
12-27-2003, 12:47 AM
I really enjoyed a thread in Cat General with pictures of men and their cats :)

And Count Eduardo's diaries of his (mis)adventures with Edwina cracked me up every time :)