PDA

View Full Version : Ramen Noodles?

GoldenRetrLuver
12-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Does anybody else like them? What's your favorite flavor? :p

Mine's Chicken. :)

Tonya
12-22-2003, 10:50 PM
I love Ramen! Cheap and beautiful. :D My husband was just amazed when we first met with my creativity with Ramen. I haven't made any in a long time...you reminded me.

Check out:

http://mattfischer.com/ramen/recipe.html

GoldenRetrLuver
12-22-2003, 10:52 PM
Yeah, over here I think they're like 10 cents per package. :p Awesome! :D Thanks for the recipes. :)

Desert Arabian
12-22-2003, 10:57 PM
I don't eat Ramen Noodles. There is enough salt in there to turn Lake Michigan into an ocean. I am suprised people don't die from eating them. :p :p :p

Twisterdog
12-22-2003, 11:17 PM
I love Ramen noodles. You'd think I'd hate them, after all the zillions of packages we ate in college! But, I still like them!

My favorite flavor is Oriental, followed closely by Chicken.

Yummy! :)

Amber
12-22-2003, 11:33 PM
Orientle, then chicken and shrimp

G.P.girl
12-22-2003, 11:40 PM
i love ramens!!! but do they have real meat in them?or is it just flavoring?

Tonya
12-23-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
I don't eat Ramen Noodles. There is enough salt in there to turn Lake Michigan into an ocean. I am suprised people don't die from eating them. :p :p :p

You are so right! LMAO. They are so bad for you. No nutritional value what so ever! But, boy are they great. :D

slick
12-23-2003, 08:49 AM
I don't eat them either but I think Richard mentioned something about a Ramen Noodle cookbook??? :D :D

Logan
12-23-2003, 08:53 AM
For someone on a tight budget, they are a God send, for sure!!! We always have some here, just in case we have to do a last minute meal. My mom has a terrific salad recipe that uses the noodles, not the seasoning, where you bake the noodles and use them as topping on the salad. I'll have to see if I can get her recipe and share it.

Logan

CatDad
12-23-2003, 09:57 AM
Ramen noodles are great! They helped feed me through some very rough times.:) I still eat them them, not as often as I used to, but I still have a strange urge to have them every now and again. I like oriental and chicken. There were a couple of other flavors that I liked and I can't remember them right now.

You are correct they have almost no nutritional value and there salt content is through the roof. However, they have the ability to stretch other foods a very long way and you can create some very good dishes with them.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Logan
For someone on a tight budget, they are a God send, for sure!!! We always have some here, just in case we have to do a last minute meal. My mom has a terrific salad recipe that uses the noodles, not the seasoning, where you bake the noodles and use them as topping on the salad. I'll have to see if I can get her recipe and share it.

Logan

I was just asking my mom about that salad! It's *SO* delicious! :D If you get the recipe, please share it with us. :)

Uabassoon
12-23-2003, 12:20 PM
Ramen is great, I never ate Ramen until I started college. If it wasn't for Ramen I'm sure I'd be about 10 pounds thinner now :)

RICHARD
12-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Ramen.

the world's best stuff.......somewhere on the planet the inventor is rubbing their hands together...world domination-through Ramen Noodles..

Ramen is the best when you don't feel good....

Fix the noodles and slice some green onions, a few pieces of roast beef and mix a good pinch of chili flakes in.....

I GUARANTEE YOUR NOSE WILL CLEAR OUT!

actually, anything spicy will help you breathe again......but the broth will keep you hydrated and the noodles will get something into your stomach......

Man...

i am hungry now!!!

RICHARD
12-23-2003, 01:45 PM
slick,
the thread was 'answering machine with an attitude'.......
--------------------------------------

Top Ramen??
what can I say??? I know every flavor, every way to cook it and where you can pick up 10 packages for one
dollar.

there is the cold ramen noodle salad
the warm noodle salad
the spicy tuna ramen soup.
the top ramen sandwich (go figure!)
the noodle-less ramen soup
the Hobo-style ramen soup
the left over chicken ramen soup.
baked ramen-lasagna
there is the Ramen chocolate shake (just kidding!)
left over beef ramen soup
ramen vegetable soup- my favorite....

recipe-
one package of Top Ramen 10 cents
one can of Veg-All 60 cents
one loaf of day old bread 75 cents

prepare Ramen, empty veggies into soup.
season with packets of salt and pepper from
KFC. Heat until boiling

Toast bread (if you can afford a toaster!)trim crusts from bread, set aside.
butter with the pats of margarine left over from your breakfast at McDonald's.

To Serve-
Put soup into bowl and garnish with trimmed crusts
cut into Crouton sized pieces

Cut bread diagonally and arrange on your Taco Bell napkins.

Serve with Lime Kool Aid, if desired.

Prep time- 10 minutes

Serves- Two grateful people.

(the only real problem with this meal is opening up all the sugar packets so you can get one cup of the stuff for
the Kool Aid eek)

lol, it reminds me of the old joke about growing up 'poor'...

When we grew up, we grew up PO........

we couldn't afford the 'OR'....

popcornbird
12-23-2003, 03:40 PM
I've never eaten Ramen Noodles............so I have no idea what they even taste like! :o :o

countrycowgirl
12-23-2003, 06:53 PM
I LOVE RAMEN NOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my favorite flaver is beef and creamy chicken:D

petlover
12-23-2003, 07:09 PM
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Ramen Noodles. Chicken is my favorite flavor.:)

Cookiebaker
12-23-2003, 08:05 PM
I *love* ramen noodles ~ RAW!! They are better than potato chips, you can't have just one bite. :o :o

GoldenRetrLuver
12-23-2003, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I *love* ramen noodles ~ RAW!!

Me too! :o

dukedogsmom
12-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I like the chicken the best and without a lot of juice, then put some butter and some onion flakes in them. Very tasty.

Karen
12-24-2003, 09:29 AM
I used to like them, but they've got so much MSG, I never buy them any more.

ramanth
12-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Chicken and Mushroom

lbaker
12-24-2003, 10:37 AM
We buy them in bulk and always have some available. I usually leave out the seasoning packet and use my own seasoning. Great for the Po folks budget. "we was always so poor, we couldn't pay attention... much less pay the bills they kept sending mom & dad" :rolleyes:

trayi52
12-24-2003, 04:51 PM
I love the creamy chicken, and the chicken. That about all that teenage daughter can cook. She loves the chicken.

I guess I love them all. It would be nice to have a recipe for them.

CamCamPup33
12-24-2003, 06:10 PM
YUMM! Yes, i love them! Beef flavor! I just finished eating some! :p

CamCamPup33
12-24-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I *love* ramen noodles ~ RAW!!

LOL! Me too!

popcornbird
12-24-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Karen
I used to like them, but they've got so much MSG, I never buy them any more.

If that's the case, then they'll never enter my house. :p MSG..........HORRIBLE thing. Its so bad for your health, and my dad gets a severe allergic reaction whenever he eats something with it, that causes his neck to swell. My mom used to put MSG in food, EVERYDAY :eek:, but after we found out how bad it was after the docs told my dad never to eat it again, MSG has never entered our house again. Not even doritos or cheetos..........which I love....but because they have MSG, I had to say goodbye to them. I still eat them, when my friends offer me some :p, but we don't bring it home anymore. I heard its deadly to birds and bad for other animals too. :confused:

Kiia
12-24-2003, 07:52 PM
I eat them once in a while. I love(d) the vegetable, oriental, Italian, chicken, beef, mushroom flavors. Lately I've been adding Soya sauce instead of the flavoring packet and adding some frozen veggies to it.