PDA

View Full Version : Desk top vs Lap top computer?

KYS
12-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Dogz started an interesting PC thread, that got me
wondering.
Which do you prefer, lap or desk top and why?

G.P.girl
12-22-2003, 07:17 PM
i prefer laptop because i can carry it around, but i don't mind desktops either

popcornbird
12-22-2003, 07:41 PM
I love laptops because you can take them anywhere.......but then they do make you a bit lazy too. :p Whenever I use the laptops, its either relaxed on the couch, or lying in bed. Another way to make us gain weight! LOL LOL! But I use the desktop more because my computer is a desktop, and I like using the computer in my room more than any other. I'm on my dad's laptop now though, and sitting at the desk. Miracle. I usually take it on the couch, or in bed, or outside in the backyard...but its too cold for that right now. With a wireless network, you can surf the web anywhere in the house without wires, or even outside of the house, so that's why I really like laptops..........but then, I like desktops too. They look nice on the desk. ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-22-2003, 07:49 PM
Computers.
I *hate* having to use my hand/finger for the mouse on a Laptop! :p

popcornbird
12-22-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
Computers.
I *hate* having to use my hand/finger for the mouse on a Laptop! :p

I hate that too! :p That's why I always connect a normal mouse to the laptop! ;)

trayi52
12-22-2003, 07:51 PM
I couldn't vote, I have both, I like the laptop because it is portable and can be carried with you, but I also love my desktop PC, I use the my desktop more, and only the laptop when I go to bed and can't sleep so to bed it goes with me.

Moose
12-22-2003, 08:23 PM
I like both just fine, but I love how easy laptops are to carry around with you....and you can use them anywhere. I just got the cutest [yes, it's cute lol] new laptop earlier this morning and I absolutely love it. We have wireless at my parents' house, so I'v been hanging out all over the place and have been able to surf the web wherever I am....it's great. :)

Dogz
12-22-2003, 08:36 PM
I voted Desktop. I have never used a laptop.:o

micki76
12-22-2003, 10:01 PM
I LOVE my new laptop. I love the wireless connection and I like the features better that I have with the laptop. :)

zippy-kat
12-22-2003, 10:29 PM
I prefer my desktop but love being able to tote around my homework on the laptop.

slleipnir
12-22-2003, 10:37 PM
I guess it depends. I use my laptop a lot more then my desktop. I can take it basically anywhere and such. Where as I prefer my desktop for things I can't do with the laptop..such as install a firewire card for my digi camcorder. Wouldn't fit in the laptop. Same with extra harddrive space :(

Tonya
12-22-2003, 10:41 PM
I've been taking wireless communications classes lately. Also, I build the landlines that the wireless towers work off of for my job. From what I've learned through talking to people, classes, and work, wireless is so insecure.

I'll stick with desktop until our wireless technology gets a little better.

Felicia's Mom
12-23-2003, 08:02 AM
A desktop is my choice. I have only used a laptop once and I hated the mouse. Also, the laptops cost more money than a desk top.

Truffles
12-23-2003, 08:27 AM
i don't have a laptop LOL:p i like both just fine though.but from what i heard about laptops makes me want one so bad i mean i'd love to be able to lay in bed and chat (or post).

laptop is indeed on my list of goals,till then i'll enjoy my desk top which i love.take care:)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marylyn

Cataholic
12-23-2003, 10:37 AM
Laptop, all the way. I get so frustrated having to use a mouse!

popcornbird
12-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Wow. I'm surprised more people voted for desktop than laptop. I always thought more people prefer laptops these days! :o While I like both, I still prefer laptops. :p

CatDad
12-23-2003, 10:43 PM
I didn't vote, because they both have there good and bad points. So depending on what I am doing at the time is what I perfer to use.

Sorry.

micki76
12-23-2003, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Wow. I'm surprised more people voted for desktop than laptop. I always thought more people prefer laptops these days! :o While I like both, I still prefer laptops. :p

Me too! I think I've only been on the desktop once since I got the laptop a month or so ago.

Moose
12-23-2003, 10:59 PM
Me too...jeez. lol. I just got my laptop yesterday [I think] and I'm absolutely obsessed with it. I can't even remember what I liked about the desktop. :p

Moose
12-23-2003, 11:35 PM
I was pretty skeptical about getting a laptop, I was worried it would be slower than a desktop and would be able to hold less. So far, I've really been impressed. I've downloaded tons of songs and stuff, and have installed a bunch of programs on it...and it still performs just as well as a desktop. I really don't have any negatives to say about it yet...other than the fact that the battery doesn't last more than a couple hours [not a big deal if you have an outlet nearby :D]. Plus, the keyboard is practically silent...I love that, lol. I used to have to type really slow when it got late at night because I didn't want to wake anyone up with my constant typing...lol. :o