PDA

View Full Version : Your tree - Real or artificial?

primabella
12-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Just curious. :) Is your Christmas tree an artificial or real tree?

For as long as I can remember we have had artifical trees. How about you guys? :D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-22-2003, 05:23 PM
For YEARS we had artificial trees. Then, a few years back we decided to go with a real tree.

I personally, prefer artificial trees because I don't see the point in cutting down real, living trees to use as decoration. :o

RICHARD
12-22-2003, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

I personally, prefer artificial trees because I don't see the point in cutting down real, living trees to use as decoration. :o

But you sure don't mind cutting down artificial trees.......:confused:

We haven't had a tree for years.......I think it's post traumatic stress syndrome for my mom.....
She worked for years at a toy store.

Dogz
12-22-2003, 05:30 PM
We have a real tree. I would prefer an artificial tree though.

Amber
12-22-2003, 05:33 PM
fake tree

Moose
12-22-2003, 05:36 PM
We used to have real trees...but it makes my mom and I itch whenever we touch it. We've started using our artificial trees awhile ago and will never go back, lol. Plus, with an artificial tree we can get it prelit. :o :p

G.P.girl
12-22-2003, 07:23 PM
we have an artificail tree that we've had for 15 years. it doesn't look fake, most people can't even tell thatit's fake. it's a blue sruce tree. i'll try to post pics of it.:)

Rowan815
12-23-2003, 06:44 AM
We have both actually- a real one in the Living Room, and a artifical one in the Game Room.

I love how sparkly garland looks,and I have this beautiful kind thats blue with silver stars- but I worry about my kitties eating it - they chew on everything- so we put it on the tree in the Game Room because that room is off limits to the furkids.

The tree in the Living Room has kitty-safe decorations on it, and no tinsel is allowed in the house whatsoever.

Did you know they have an essence you can spray on an artificial tree to make it smell like a real one? The best of both worlds

:D

12-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Real tree!

We used to have a fake tree untill 2 years ago. Then I discovered a kind of tree that does NOT loose its needles!! Great hey!
At first, I didn't believe this, but it is true!!
Nothing smell better than a real tree in the house!!:) :) (we always buy one with roots, so we can re-plant it after Christmas!)

Tonya
12-23-2003, 08:11 AM
This year it is artificial and about two feel tall. That is because we are remodeling. (still) :rolleyes:

We normally have a big real one. I am considering buying a fake one though. They have become so much more realistic looking over the past few years.

Truffles
12-23-2003, 08:32 AM
yeppers fake indeed my mom perfers fake,although we used to get real trees when i was youger we had this tradition the family would go and find a tree then come back and decorate it together .then we all grew up into adults :rolleyes: so now we just ley my mom decoate the small and fake tree.

when grandkids come if ever (won't be coming from me lol) i hope we start that tradition again.

marylyn

Logan
12-23-2003, 08:51 AM
Ours is a live tree too. I have never had an artificial one. Love that wonderful smell, and going to pick it out is one of the most fun parts of having a live tree! The needles don't bother me. If my vacuum can handle all the dog fur it picks up, it is certainly not stopped by some Frasier Fir needles!!!

Logan :)

CatDad
12-23-2003, 09:59 AM
Ours is fake.

My GF loves to have a tree, but is alergic to the pine.

bluekat
12-23-2003, 11:37 AM
We've always had artificial trees. We just got a new one last year, artificial, but it looks real. The pines actually do look like real pines. We don't get real trees because my parents think they're too much work since we'd have to throw them out each year, and stuff fall off of them.

tikeyas_mom
12-23-2003, 11:38 AM
mine is real, we have never had a fake one.

Felicia's Mom
12-23-2003, 12:38 PM
I have not put up a tree for many years.
I like artificial ones better than before. Now they look real, the only thing missing is the smell.