PDA

View Full Version : Emma (Samson) has brochitis!

NoahsMommy
12-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Poor guy! He's been almost coughing since Friday night. We either thought he was trying to hauk up a furball (or Christmas tree :rolleyes:) or cough. After chest x-rays, our vet says he has brochitus.

He's doing well, playing and eating like normally, but seems to lay down quicker after tearing around the apartment with Phoebe.

Right now he's trying to steal my tri-tip sandwich...silly kitten!

PayItForward
12-22-2003, 03:48 PM
Poor baby boy, I hope he gets well soon. :)

slick
12-22-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Right now he's trying to steal my tri-tip sandwich...silly kitten!
So glad he is feeling somewhat better.

What's a tri-tip sandwich????

Steffi N
12-22-2003, 07:11 PM
I hope Samson is all better soon. :)

Miss Meow
12-22-2003, 10:10 PM
Oh, no! I hope Samson feels better soon. Bronchitis is awful :(

catcrazylady
12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
You are having your fair share of problems here lately! Poor Samson! Get well soon little one!!:) http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif

jazzcat
12-22-2003, 11:51 PM
Poor little Samson. Sending prayers your way in hopes you will feel all better soon and enjoy Christmas.

shais_mom
12-23-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by slick

Ditto, ;)
hope he feels better soon.
Any news from the eye vet does she want to adopt both of them?

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that sweet little Samson is sick.:( Please get well soon.

jenluckenbach
12-23-2003, 04:53 AM
I sure hope he's up and about real soon.

catmandu
12-23-2003, 09:10 AM
That is not good , the Found Cats hope that you are feeling better , and can play with all the Cat Toys that Santa Claws is going to bring to You!

AmberLee
12-23-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by slick

You know, I'm not quite sure what portion of steak tri-tip is, but I LOVE tri-tip barbeque! The questions one never thinks to ask! :rolleyes: :eek: :p

Brochitis is the pits, hope your little guy is feeling fine soon. {{{hugs to you all as you cope with this}}}

RedHedd
12-24-2003, 12:27 AM
You guys got me curious, so I Asked Jeeves about Tri Tip:

Discover the Great Taste of Beef Tri-Tip

This flavorful beef cut has been one of the beef industry's best kept secrets. Tri-tip was seldom marketed when carcass beef or beef quarters were delivered to retail markets because there are only two tri-tips per carcass. This meant that there was not enough for a case display. Consequently, the butcher would grind or cube it. Today, most stores receive boneless boxed beef. If you don't see tri-tip in the meat case, ASK FOR IT. It may be temporarily out of stock. Tri-tip roasts can be ordered separately if your butcher knows there is a demand.

A beef tri-tip roast is a boneless cut of meat from the bottom sirloin. It also is called "triangular" roast because of its shape.

Tri-tip roasts will vary from 1 1/2 to 2 pounds and are about two inches thick. If a roast is cooked to rare in the center, the thinner outside edges are medium to well, offering perfectly cooked beef for every taste. The tri-tip can be cooked whole or cut into one-inch thick steaks or strips. When the meat is cut into one-eighth inch strips, it can be used for stir-fry recipes and fajitas. If it is cut into one-fourth inch thick strips, weave the meat onto skewers and quickly broil or grill.

The beef tri-tip roast may be marinated if you wish. Marinating adds flavor
but is not necessary to tenderize the cut. Looking for ways to reduce calories and fat? Tri-tip is the answer. A 3-ounce cooked portion of tri-tip is just 177 calories.

Roast it. Grill it. Broil it. You can't go wrong with this cut! Where has tri-tip been hiding all these years? What a discovery!

Cooking Tips Beef Tri-Tip Roasts:
Broil - 4 to 5 inches from the heat source, 25-30 minutes*
Roast - 425º for 30-35 minutes*
Grill - 30-35 minutes over medium coals*

*Meat temperature will be 135º for medium rare and 150º for medium. Tent roast with aluminum foil for 10 minutes before carving. During the standing time the temperature will rise 5-10º. Carve tri-tip across the grain into thin slices.

Beef Tri-Tip Steaks, cut 1 inch thick:
Panbroil over medium heat for a total of 8 minutes, turning once.
Beef Tri-Tip Stir-Fry Strips, cut 1/8 inch thick:
Stir-fry strips 1 to 1 1/4 minutes.
Beef Tri-Tip Strips, cut 1/4 inch thick and woven on skewers:
Broil about 3 inches from heat source or grill over medium coals for
2 to 3 minutes.

In a Hurry?
Discover how fast and flavorful a tri-tip can be with any of these quick ideas.

Use any prepared Italian salad dressing for a zesty marinade.
Thinly sliced left-overs make a great tasting French Dip.
Make your mealtime a fiesta by rubbing packaged taco seasoning
on the meat surface before cooking.
Combine 1 cup prepared salsa, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 2
tablespoons oil for a Mexican marinade.
Still searching for the easiest recipe? Just sprinkle the tri-tip with
salt and pepper or seasoning salt. This cut is so flavorful it doesn't need anything else.

Sounds Yummy! It will surely help Samson heal from his bronchitis! Hope he's feeling better!

NoahsMommy
12-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Thanks guys! :)

I think he's a bit better, but I can't tell....he's still playing and eating like normally. And I think the conjestion is moving out of his chest. But I'm not sure.

We are leaving today for San Diego and I worry about leaving him. :( We'll be back tomorrow and my mother-in-law will come over and feed them. But I worry something may happen and she wont know it.

I'll be thinking positive thoughts though. :)