PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Help Me; Eating Problem....

Desert Arabian
12-22-2003, 01:49 PM
HELLO ALL! I was wondering if anyone out there has any good advice or ideas for me with my eating problem. No, no, no, I am not anorexic or bulimic! :D :p

My problem is I am a very picky eater, and tend to eat all of the bad stuff and ignore the good stuff. I haven't touched a veggie since I was a toddler- NO JOKE! I am trying to get a good eating habit, so I grab a bag of carrots instead of a bag of tater chips.

My second problem is, I have a REALLY bad gag reflex. If I smell something disgusting, if I eat something nasty, if I eat something with a weird texture- I gag and often throw up. :o :o

Recently, I have tried eating carrots (regular, not baby) and a salad, and I couldn't do it. I just couldn't do it. I felt like a rabbit gnawing on the lettuce, and the carrot taste- BLECH!

I am oh so lost, I want to start eating cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, etc...but so far I am not having the best of luck.

I eat lots of fruit on the other hand. I LOVE oranges, apples (skinned granny smith ONLY), grapefruit, cherries, strawberries (w/ tons of sugar, which is very bad)- yummy!!!

Basically, I need advice for good eating PERIOD.

Hmm, I guess I can tell you some of my favorite things to eat, in case that may help with giving advice at all. I eat these things frequently:

~ Frosted Flakes, ugh, LOVE THEM! I could eat a whole box in a day and a half! LOVE THEM!
~ Lipton’s chicken noodles, YUMMY!
~ Kraft mac N cheese
~ Farmland packaged ham
~ Kemps chocolate milk
~ Ocean Spray grapefruit juice, 100% juice
~ Minute Maid OJ
~ Mountain Ice Water
~ Diet soda

When it comes to snacks, that's not so good. I need to start eating MORE healthy snacks. Occasionally I will get an orange, applesauce, something along those lines- but I keep catching myself grabbing the cookies and other junk. Lately its been those darn Frosted Flakes, omg, I could eat those all day everyday. :o :p :o

I have been looking all over the internet for information, mainly on WebMD- they have good advice.

Lately, I have been quite a slug, and not doing much, which does not help. In the summer I am really busy and moving around, so that helps me out a lot. Last summer I lost 6 pounds, the summer before that I lost 14 pounds. Horse camp, bike riding, and jogging make up a lot of my summer play time. Now that it is cloudy, freezing cold, and school time it is harder for me to get out and move around. Any advice there!?

I really need some help and advice!! :D :D Can anyone give me some tips or advice!?! PLEASE!?! ANYTHING!??!

THANK YOU!!!
~YLL

dukedogsmom
12-23-2003, 01:03 PM
I'm not exactly the one to come to for eating properly. I eat vegetables and all but love the junk food. I almost wish I had a gag reflex. Only, I surely wouldn't gag with chocolate :) You might do a search for nutrution sites and see what you come up with.

Kfamr
12-23-2003, 01:07 PM
Are you CRAZY!??:p Lettuce and Carrots are my favorite. Now, I'm not a picky eater at all really.

Maybe try putting a LITTLE, VERY LITTLE of your favorite dressing on things, just for taste?

As for moving around, it's Christmas time -- Ask your mom for exercise equipment or membership to a gym? :)

Uabassoon
12-23-2003, 02:29 PM
It looks like we have the same eating habbits, I hate veggies (not a good thing for a vegetarian). I pretty much live off of soda, pasta, and cheese.

popcornbird
12-23-2003, 03:46 PM
I know you don't like them.......but you need to force yourself to eat your veggies! Your body needs them! ;)

Know what? I *hate* carrots.........absolutely despise them. I will eat cucumbers, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, pretty much any veggie, and LOVE most of them, but carrots? I just can't stand carrots. There's something about them that makes me feel sick after eating them. :o :o I was never much of a *raw* veggie person. I LOVE cooked vegetables, especially how my mom makes them, but raw salads........I didn't like them before. Now, I got myself used to them, and every meal feels incomplete without salad. I *love* salad now, and don't know how I ever used to do without it! Only thing I can't get used to is carrots. :p I'm not a picky eater at all. I really can't understand what I have against carrots and only carrots. :p I do like cooked carrots in the stir fry mixed veggies my mom makes though. Only suggestion I can give is to eat it, no matter how much you despise it, hoping you'll get used to it and start to like your greens like I did. As for getting yourself to move around, maybe buy some exercise equipment to use in the house. I work out in doors on our treadmill, stationary bike, by lifting weights, and using all the other equipment we have at home. Its hard to get out and walk/jog during rainy/snowy season.

Ps. Just a suggestion.......if you aren't eating your veggies, its very important that you take vitamin supplements, because you won't be getting the vitamins your body needs without them.