PDA

View Full Version : aww shadow got an ouchy :(

cali
12-22-2003, 10:29 AM
shadow and perky got into a fight last night, and we did not think anything of it, just pulled them apart and sent them on there way(and threw away the offending bone that started the fight) but we are so used to fights(misty knocked shadow out of top spot, so now the other dogs keep fighting misty trying to take over her spot as top dog) so we did not think anything of the fight right, and then as we were going to bed we noticed somthing on shadows eye rim, I guess during the fight perky ripped shadows eye rim, she is fine it just looks gross, its funny perky and shadow have not fought in years so we have forgotten that perky is the only one that has ever been capable of injuring shadow in anyway, she has never beat shadow, but she is the only one that has ever injured her in anyway, so naturally we did not think anything of the fight. anyway please pray for shadows eye rim to heal faster :(

one more thing, a disclaimer of sorts, the dog fights in the house are NOT and ANY WAY serious fights, nothing but scuffles, from dogs trying to take over top dog postion.

My Peanuts
12-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Poor Shadow. If it looks that gross maybe you should go to the vet. I will pray that Shadow heals fast.

KYS
12-22-2003, 06:36 PM
Poor baby, I hope she is ok.
Sending Shadow lots of get well heal up wishes
and hugs.

binka_nugget
12-22-2003, 11:04 PM
Poor Shadow :( I know how it is. My boys just had a fight not too long ago. Kaedyn got another bite that broke the skin once again and Kai got ...nothing. Feel better soon Shadow.

micki76
12-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by binka_nugget
Kaedyn got another bite that broke the skin once again and Kai got ...nothing.

Awww. Sounds like Chester and Millie. Chester always gets hurt, but he wins the argument! He even gets hurt when they play. :(

binka_nugget
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Awww. Sounds like Chester and Millie. Chester always gets hurt, but he wins the argument! He even gets hurt when they play. :(

Awww poor Chester. Kai's alpha and makes sure that Kaedyn knows when he pushes his buttons but Kaedyn just doesn't learn. He's a bit fearful of Kai getting around his neck now and yet, he still challenges him. *Sigh* that's what I get for having two boys.:o

cloverfdx
12-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Awww Shadow i hope you feel better soon sweety. warm thoughts and prayers on the way that all heals up fine.

Our Penny (JRT x) is shocking for starting fights with the other dogs the thing is none of them will fight back. But Theo (Chi) and mr Elvis had a serious fight over a tiny peice of dog food on the floor a couple of weeks ago (i did not think a 7 week old pup would fight back but he did) so i had to seperate then and both ent to time out.

K9soul
12-23-2003, 10:30 AM
Dog fights are pretty nervewracking. I've never had a problem with Tasha and Tommy because Tommy always immediately backs down and never fights back, but my two male collies had some scuffles when we first got Willie, and Cody was used to being the only dog. Thankfully there were never any injuries though and they settled after awhile and lived in harmony.

Tasha is used to being alpha now though and so I have to watch her closely if she runs into another alpha.

cali
12-23-2003, 10:57 AM
ya thats the problem at my house, 6 dogs, 5 want to be alpha, causes a whole lot of fights like I said before never bad fights, but they sure get anoying after awhile!

pitc9
12-23-2003, 11:24 AM
To me, there is NOTHING worse than the sound of a dog fight, it FREAKS me out!!! Growning up we had a female GSD-X and next door, my grandma had a lab-x, both female. I can remember countless bloodbaths those two had!! They were always very bad fights! One of the worst I remember I maybe was 10 or so, and it was winter time, and outside alone with both dogs when they started fighting... I'll never forget the blood in the snow.
(sorry if I am freaking anyone out.... I guess I'm getting a little deep. See what just talking about dog fights does to me!:o )

I thank God that Sierra and Buddy have never even so much as growled at eachother!!! Sierra's Alpha, and Buddy couldn't care less!! He's just happy to be alive!!

FurMomx6
12-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Aww. I hope shadow gets better soon! Rocky & Chloe get into fights sometimes. They usually only do it if I am out there. I think they get jealous and both are possesive over me. :rolleyes: They don't do it all that often now. They have learned that I can pet them both at the same time.

K9soul
12-23-2003, 11:37 AM
Ever notice that it's the female that often takes the alpha position? :p

I have heard before that females have a tendency to fight worse than males. I agree the few times I've heard the sounds of a dog fight, really frightening and disturbing.