PDA

View Full Version : do your pets wake you up in the moring?

G.P.girl
12-21-2003, 10:54 PM
Do your pets wake you up in the moring? my grandmas siamese cats come in every moring at exactly 6:30 and start meowing like thier life deended on waking everybody up:rolleyes: . what about your pets?
ps. of course my goldfish always bark every moring, wanting me to let them outside to go to the bathroom...:rolleyes:

Amber
12-21-2003, 11:01 PM
lol, Katie my dog doesnt wake me up...She likes to sleep in..But maggie will be sleeping in her bed (beside mine) and if she heres me moves or open my eyes its MEOW, MEOW, MEOW lol:p

carole
12-22-2003, 12:09 AM
Lexie is very considerate, she sleeps on the end of our bed everynight just about without fail, she waits until we wake up, she is ever so pleased to see us open our eyes, and becomes all cutie pie and purrs and head bumpies, and flopps down with her paws in the air waiting for tummy rubs.

Ash usually sleeps downstairs, he runs all over us if he wants out, that sure wakes us up, he is a big heavy puss, can be a bit of a rude awakening a 14 pound cat running over you believe me lol.:)

Dogz
12-22-2003, 04:42 AM
Sometimes. But then of course I love the days where I wake up with a white beast in my face.:p (Or Yellow or black)

Otis wouldn't wake me up-- he will still be sleeping!

primabella
12-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Yep, almost everyday my mom uses Mickey to wake us up. If he doesn't lick you awake, his wagging, lethal tail should you get you up in a few minutes. :D

Felicia's Mom
12-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Yes everyday. My alarm is set for 5:45 and the cats start in about 10 min before that.

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Twilight *as featured in Dog breeds LOL* wakes me up with her blasted tail in my face exactly 2.5 minutes before my alarm goes of...two and a half minutes to the T...EVERY day I need an alarm, on non alarm days she wakes me up at 11:30 or so...just to play :D

trayi52
12-24-2003, 04:57 PM
Buffy likes to sleep in, but Grover wakes me up every morning, licking my nose, and my lips. She is just desparate for me to wake up.

Willie

tikeyas_mom
12-24-2003, 06:58 PM
yes!! tikeya wakes me up every morening!! it can be annoying lol. but i rather her wake me up then have her pee on the floor ;)

Tonya
12-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Dusty and Roxy are quiet and patient. With an exception of when I forget to bring them inside. They decide to run around the backyard and play loudly all night long.

Ron and Raven, on the other hand wake me up all night long! Ron especially is so rude!

jazzcat
12-31-2003, 01:29 PM
Yes, Jazz wakes us up every morning. She starts "singing" when the sun comes up.

Christiansmommy
12-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Dandy and Guinness used to wake us up every morning. By their LOUD purring and meowing. But i have since had to close the bedroom door, so that they don't make any noise until we wake up and go out into the hallway. My 2 year old son's bedroom is right next to ours in the hallway, and she would wake him up too...so i had to put a stop to it, by letting the cats sleep in the living room ,instead of our room...they have each other to keep company during the night. That way, they don't start to meow (mainly Dandy), until we are up and out in the hallway, and then they follow me into the kitchen and get fed...and then the LOUD meowing stops...she is a persistant thing...and Guinness PURRS so loud, you have to put a pillow over your head sometimes, if he is on the bed and you want to sleep some more!! LOL :)

When Dandy is in our room, in the morning, she will do whatever she can to make noise, push my husband's coins onto the floor, purposely...jump onto a plastic bag...whatever it takes to get us up to feed her!!! :) Silly kitty!!!

Pam
12-31-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Otis wouldn't wake me up-- he will still be sleeping!

LOL! :D Sleepyhead Otis! :) My Bella is a sleepyhead too. She will not move until I do and Ripley is pretty much the same way UNLESS a cat walks into the room. :D

Trevor and Andy have gotten better about waking me up. Maybe since they are getting older? They both tend to sleep downstairs now since Ripley came along. The bed is just too crowded for Andy's tastes but Trevor manages to squeeze out a spot occasionally. :D He used to be awful all the time, (meowing and walking all over me) but now he is only awful half the time! LOL!

gkristian
01-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Yes!! Foxy wakes me up every morning

petlover
01-13-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh my gosh yes! Only 2 though. Ginger is the worst. You see...

When I got Ginger and she was a puppy, she would climb in bed with me, and drop her little tennis ball on my chest. And EVERYTIME that she did that, I would wake up and say " Aww, you wanna play ball huh?" and then I would go play with her. Well, as she got older she started to get into a routine of jumping onto my bed, and dropping her wet,slimy, and cold ball on my chest and barks in my face until I get up and throw the ball for her...:rolleyes: :D For a year now she does it at 6:00 A.M. on the dot EVERYDAY!! She never misses. She knows when to wake me up because that's the time the mail man comes EVERYDAY!!:D

petlover
01-13-2004, 07:19 PM
and Heidi just comes in and licks my hand until she it dripping with drool.:p She wags her tail faster and more ferious than any dog I've ever met too. So between her and Ginger...:D

Mkitty
03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
My cat CUbby can sometimes wake me up at dawn or at night by attacking something under the covers. Hmmm.. wonder what that culd be? :rolleyes:

Mkitty
03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Woops! His name is Cubby, not CUbby!:o

Andiphant
04-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Huey's not on a set schedule but he will come into the bedroom and start crying to go outside when he wakes up. He looks out the windows and sees there are things to chase (squirrels, cats, a goat) or he hears the neighbor dogs barking. If I'm not ready to get up I just let him out and go back to bed. Or I tell my husband "the baby is crying" and hope that he gets up to let him out.

isis
04-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Isis does with her LOUD purring. She'll get up and lay on me and then walk all over me. I still love her.:D

Sully does sometimes, but only when he has to go outside. There the only ones who ever wake me up.

Miranda_Rae
10-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Heidi is in her crate in the back room so she doesn't wake me up, but if I am not out in the family room when somone lets her out of her kennel, she goes barreling to my room and sticks her face in mine. lol....I love it! :D She doesn't do that with anyone else in the family. :p

Who
11-10-2004, 11:03 PM
When Diiga (Lab) wakes up at around 7:30am she always starts whining digging in her crate and just makeing alot of noise. I am not a morning person, so that makes it all the better.:)

chrissycat21
11-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Every morning Taffy manages to wake me up before my alarm clock. Even on weekends!

So far Buttons has been quiet. Snowy sleeps the latest out of everyone!

cookieluver7
11-28-2004, 12:40 PM
NO! Bunnies don't make noise. I'm glad because I would be tired if my bunny woke me up every morning! *hee hee*

vinjashira
01-21-2005, 07:03 AM
she always gets up earlier than me :D

Suki Wingy
02-08-2005, 10:51 PM
Although Nino is welcome to sleep on my bed everynight, but he chooses to sleep on his big fuzzy chair. Everyday early in the mornigh, he comes up and whines in my face like he is about to pee, and then I let him upstairs (my room is in the basement) where he goes outside and then sleeps in his crate for a while longer.

Corinna
02-09-2005, 12:19 AM
Usually a dog (merlin) and 2 cats Moose and Ebony.

Oggyflute
02-09-2005, 12:51 AM
My boy Oggy jumps on the bed every morning, which wakes me up. During the week he just settles down again until I'm ready to get up for work. On the weekends though he stands over me and gives me a big lick. No sleep in on the weekend evidently, things to sniff, balls to chase etc.

cocker_luva
02-09-2005, 10:41 PM
no, Jesse sleeps downstairs.

IRescue452
02-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Your goldfish bark too! I thought I was the only one who had that problem! Actually, my goldfish does wake me up because she picks up the rocks in her cage and throws them when she gets bored and is looking for food. Other times she wakes me up by making bubbles at the top of her tank. Shes a very "vocal" fish.

PinkSunshine
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Definitely. My fiance gets up for work at 5:45am and it never seems to fail that Dozer gets up and needs to be let out at 5:30am EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING.

cali
03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I was just thinking about this recently because every last person who finds out how many dogs I have looks at me and goes "dont they wake you up?" ummm no, I wake THEM up lol geesh, if I get up early they look at me like I am crazy and go back to sleep, if I turn on the light they stick there heads under the covers, when we have to get up super early for a flyball tourny we quiet litterally have to drag them out of bed lol so no, my pets do NOT wake me up in the morning lol

Tollers-n-Dobes
03-30-2006, 10:42 PM
Tango is the only dog allowed in my room unless I'm awake, so no, she does not wake me up.

lvpets2002
03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
:) Oh yes & the girls are so good at the time to wake me up that I dont use a alarm clock ever.. On weekends trying to sleep late Well Forget It..

king2005
03-31-2006, 01:45 PM
I said sometimes cause if I sleep in the same room as my fish, I'm lucky if I can get to sleep!! Mango is the noisest fish on earth!! He plays with his cat & bird toys all night & shakes his tank & bites the glass :rolleyes:

Jessika
03-31-2006, 02:17 PM
Every morning at the exact same time. Its like clockwork. Especially if we have an alarm set because we forget to turn it off for the weekend or whatever, they will hear it and know it means "time to wake up" so they jump and lay on us. We can't bury our heads under a pillow anymore, either, because Jamie digs us out LOL

Miss Z
03-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Unfortunately, I hardly get woken up any more by a pet. With Zsa-Zsa being blind, she doesn't usually come upstairs in the mornings. Her brother, who passed away in August last year, used to come up every weekend morning at exactly 8:30am. He'd meow at the top of his voice to wake me up so that I would go down and stroke him. That's one of the things I miss about him the most:(

Tia sometimes attempts to wake me up by jumping around in her cage, but she only does it randomly, not like Brando used to do. Even though she tries very hard, she usually isn't loud enough to wake me up! (What can I say, I'm a lazy teenager, LOL)

BitsyNaceyDog
03-31-2006, 03:06 PM
I apparently voted on this poll a long time ago but never wrote anything. I have no idea what I voted.
One of my cats, Oliver, now sleeps in the bedroom with us. He wakes me up in the morning when he wants to eat. Then when I open the door I have the other cats waiting, also wanting to eat and the dogs wanting to go outside. They never wake me though, just Oliver.

k9krazee
03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
It depends on what day it is. During the weekday I usually have to wake Jack up. And then he still goes back to bed once he eats and goes outside, such a lazy boy ;) But on the weekends when I want to sleep in he usually wakes me up, he might let me sleep until 7:30 if I'm lucky.

JenBKR
03-31-2006, 03:26 PM
My kitties usually don't unless they can't wait any longer for food, then they just sit there and stare at me :rolleyes: Roscoe wakes me up sometimes to go outside 10-15 minutes before the alarm (of course!). If he doesn;t wake me up then, he jumps up as fast as possible as soon as the alarm goes off and starts whining, so I don't really get to hit the snooze anymore...

Roxyluvsme13
03-31-2006, 03:37 PM
Haha yep. My mom:Lily, go wake up mommy! Lily:Runs into my room and pounces on me, then licks me like crazy :D

Vette
04-01-2006, 01:01 AM
I voted for sometimes... as Kirby tends to bark whenever someone opens or
closes the front door,, but very rarely does he ever wake me up with his racket.
i can sleep through pretty much anything.. LOL

which is a huge blessing,, but also sucks sametimes.. im a very sound sleeper. so when i go out out... i really go out.
so i waking up during any nightmares is out of the question. :(

zoomer
04-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Sometimes. Like Buddy will climb onto my bed and nudge my face so I will take him out to go potty and if I dont he goes in the house.

Lori Jordan
04-10-2006, 01:38 PM
YES!! by nudging me!!

Alysser
04-10-2006, 09:46 PM
YES! Though, she sleeps in a crate Sassy starts barkign at 5:30 every morning. Star sometimes chirps at the top of her lungs! It's so annoying lol.