PDA

View Full Version : Yummy Soups?

Kfamr
12-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Since it's been cold here, I'm sure it's even colder in other areas of the US. My mom normally makes soups and Chili for dinner when it gets colder out.

What are your favorite soups and do you have the recipes for them? If so, post. :p

I love most soups. My favorites are bean(and ham) soup, homemade cream of potato(with ham :p ), turkey soup, beef vegtable soup and french onion soup. Those are just some favorites :p

I don't have any recipes but I could probably ask my mom to write some down if anyone wants one of them.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-21-2003, 10:52 PM
Broccoli and Cheese soup, Potatoe and Cheese soup, Vegetable soup, and Chili. :D

Amber
12-21-2003, 10:56 PM
I soo love bean and ham soup too! yumm!:p

Karen
12-21-2003, 10:58 PM
I love pretty much all soups! Had chili for supper (take-out, but not bad).

slick
12-21-2003, 11:15 PM
I make Ham and Pea soup and Chicken soup. I usually make it in bulk then freeze them in individual lunch portions. Sorry don't have a recipe written down; it's in my head.

wolf_Q
12-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Mmmmy I LOVE potato soup...I love beans...and ham. :D I wouldn't mind having the recipes to the cream of potato and the bean and ham soup if you'd like to bug your mom.

We made some potato soup one time that was really good, but I don't know what recipe we used. I also really like homemade chicken noodle (my mom makes the noodles too, good stuff) and any cheesy soup.

trayi52
12-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Well Kay, I ate the last of my Chili tonight, but now I need a good soup recipe. Has your mom got any good ones to share? How about that homemade cream of potatoe with ham? Does she have a recipe for that? I love soups of any kind. So Kay just start pouring out the recipes.

Tell your mother I loved the Chile recipe, it was really good, and wasn't that hard to make.

Recipes????? Anybody??????, I think I am a begger. LOL.;) Its just that I love recipes.

Kay does your mother have any good casserole recipes? I love casseroles too.

Okay I am waiting.........

Tray:)

amoore
12-22-2003, 07:57 AM
I love all kinds of soup! The Oriental soups are my favorite.

aly
12-22-2003, 08:42 AM
Tortilla soup is my all-time favorite. YUM!

Logan
12-22-2003, 10:37 AM
Anything with crab, shrimp or lobster!!! Plus I love chili, as well!!! :)

I did see this link, a while back, on Kim Komando's "Kool Site of the Day" (www.komando.com), and it is called "The Joy of Soup". You can find all sorts of wonderful soup recipes there at www.joyofsoup.com .

RICHARD
12-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Lima Bean and Ham.

Chix and veggie.

Split pea soup w/bacon.

and...
Toasted french bread
Ceasar salad
Iced tea

slleipnir
12-22-2003, 12:03 PM
Honestly, I'm not much of a soup person..lol. I like pea and chicken noodle soup though..I'm sure there are others that I've never tried..(which is a lot)

Miss Meow
12-22-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Recipes????? Anybody??????, I think I am a begger. LOL.;) Its just that I love recipes.

Kay does your mother have any good casserole recipes? I love casseroles too.

Okay I am waiting.........

Tray:)

Tray, I think there's a few soup recipes in our PT recipe thread. Just do a search in this forum for 'recipe thread' and it should pop up.

My favourites are potato and leek, sweet potato and chilli, and a Japanese chilli broth with tofu and julienne veges. Very healthy and seems to clear the nose when I have a cold :)

KYS
12-22-2003, 08:43 PM
Don't laugh, but my favorite soup on a cold day,
is tomato soup with crackers.

I also like Chicken soup, War Won soup and Clam chowder.

joycenalex
12-22-2003, 09:06 PM
my ex loved this one sooo much, there's a note on the page asking for it "next week please...";) from the book, "is it soup yet?"
yield 6 servings, cooking time 40 minutes
2 quarts water, 1/2 teaspoon salt
6 medium sized potatoes,diced
2 carrots, diced
3 celery stalks,diced
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
chive garnish, bcon garnish,
pour the water in a 6 quart stock pot. add the potatoes, carrots and celery. bring to boil, cook 20 minutes, until potatoes are tender. drain veggies, save liquid. place 1/2 the veggies in a food processor, puree. add the flour and 1/2 cup of of the reserved liquid, blend. place the other half of the veggies back into soup pot, add the veggie puree and 1 cup milk, slowly heat, being careful to not scald the the milk. garnish and serve.
i've added cubed ham or canadian bacon. good dish on cold day.

moosmom
12-22-2003, 09:15 PM
I use Bear Creek Country Kitchen soups. They are the best and pretty expensive ($3.99 for a package).

That is when I don't have time to make my own, which is alot lately.

G.P.girl
12-22-2003, 11:54 PM
i love soups!
my mom makes the best potato soup. and ilike clam chowder too.