PDA

View Full Version : Dsl

Moose
12-21-2003, 08:25 PM
Wow....we just got DSL installed yesterday and today is the first time I have used it. It's amazing. lol. I'm in love...and I don't know what I'd do without it....I really can't imagine going back to dial-up. :o

Ah! I love it!! lol

I know....pointless, but I just thought I would share. I'm assuming many of you with DSL have the same thoughts....lol

GoldenRetrLuver
12-21-2003, 08:33 PM
We have DSL too!
In the beginning I was like "Wow, this is awesome!" Now, it's like "Ehh..whatever". :p I just forgot about it after awhile. :p

popcornbird
12-21-2003, 09:08 PM
Its exciting at first, but becomes a part of life. Its wonderful! Prepare to get spoiled! I know that when I go on vacation now, and only have access to dial up, its mental torture.........and I'm not kidding! I hate the slowness, and that you can't use the phone when online, and that you have to dial up everytime you want to go online! With DSL, that's all over....and getting a wireless network makes things even better! We have DSL on all 4 computers with the network and can use them anytime at the same time! I LOVE DSL!

amoore
12-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I wish I could get DSL. My computer is windows 98, and we have dial up plus it is on our phone line. Then it is a shared computer. It is like I spend more time pulling my hair out, than on the computer. We are in the country so that makes it hard to get DSL, or cable.

I am proud for you Moose. Now you can get those wonderful post out to us quicker!:D

Tonya
12-21-2003, 09:23 PM
I couldn't live without my DSL. I get an employee discount, but it isn't all that great.

babolaypo65
12-21-2003, 09:34 PM
UhOh you'll never be able to go back to dial up again!

Kfamr
12-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Ugh.. I hate going to someone's house that doesn't have Cable internet. My aunt in Michigan has one of those cheap dial -up connectings and it has a huge bar that you can't close unless you disconnect. It's sooooo annoying.

dukedogsmom
12-22-2003, 07:09 AM
We've had it for a while now and I swear, don't know how we lived with dial up! That's what we have a work, too. It's great. Just be sure you have some good antivirus/security software because whenever your computer is on, you're connected to the internet. I've got norton 2004. Can't remember the whole title but it even protects outlook express and has a spam folder.

Moose
12-22-2003, 03:31 PM
lol, I really do feel spoiled. ;):p:o

I used to hate having to wait for everyone's pictures to load [not that I don't LOVE seeing them after they finally finish]...and now I just open the thread and BOOM, there are the pics! lol. And my pictures upload so much faster! :D

Dogz
12-22-2003, 03:34 PM
Yes, I have DSL too. I love it. It is really exciting when you first get it, but now I am so used to it. Now when I go over to friends house, I say, "Your computer is slow!"
:p

amoore
12-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Its like today, I fought all day to post pictures. It took 30 min to post a picture that was only a 4x5. My computer is so slow. I know if I could get DSL, It would run a lot faster even if it is windows 98.

I wish I could find A cheaper satellite internet. I have been searching the web for DSL that comes out in the country this far. I'm not going to give up. I would be happy with either one. Anything has to beat dial-up!:rolleyes:

Dial-up makes me a grumpy ol' Woman.:mad:

.......Somtimes.:)

slleipnir
12-22-2003, 10:39 PM
Ooo, I love DSL. Couldn't live without it now :o I'm sure you're the same way :x