PDA

View Full Version : the good news!

veegan
12-21-2003, 06:51 PM
just wanted to share my good news.. let me give you the brief back story first though before I spill it..

alright well, just recently we found out that my friend's sister was unable to keep their puppy, so she asked if I would be interested in taking her since she knows I love dogs, and Ive always wanted one. I had met the pup before and I knew she was a great dog and I would love to give her a home. however, we both knew my parents dont want a dog and it would be hard getting them to even listen to what we had to say, but I thought its worth a try, right? so, she came over the other night and we talked to them, and surprisingly enough they actually listened to what we had to say, took us seriously, and said they wanted to meet the dog before they gave an answer. I was shocked but still quite apprehensive and wasnt expecting them to say yes. so the next day we brought the pup over for about an hour and things went okay (other than the fact that she went number 2 in the house LOL oops..). so then that night my parents and I talked about it and they said she was much too big (shes 55 lbs now and will probably get to be around 80 or so!) so I couldnt get her. however... they went on to say they now realize how important it is to me to have a dog so they said we can get a (smaller) dog! hfsjdhfsdhf it is all quite shocking and Im still unsure of how to feel. haha I already know I want to adopt from the humane society where I volunteer, so now I just have to wait for the right dog to come along. :)

Kater
12-21-2003, 07:30 PM
Wonderful wonderful wonderful news Margaret!!!
I know you will make a fantabulous doggie mom!
KEEP US UPDATED!

I hope this other puppy finds a good home...poor baby. :(

DogLover9501
12-21-2003, 07:37 PM
That's awesome :D :D I hope you find the right dog soon!

And I hope your cousin's doggy finds a good home!

veegan
12-22-2003, 12:55 AM
yeah I know :( im sad I wasnt able to take her. I hope she finds a wonderful home too. I know they have a few people in mind who are interested before they have to surrender her to a shelter.

*FlatCoatsRule*
12-22-2003, 01:18 AM
That's GREAT!!!!! I remember how excited i was when i got my first dog.....(I was only 4, so, I was just so happy!) Make sure you double, triple, infinity check that it's the right dog for you....BEFORE you take it home. ;)

yeah I know im sad I wasnt able to take her. I hope she finds a wonderful home too. I know they have a few people in mind who are interested before they have to surrender her to a shelter.

Have they tried putting up posters like, at a vets office or at the shelter....not giving her to the shelter...just putting up a sign with a pic. of her on it at the shelter....Our vet has a bulletin where you put dogs for sale and so does our shelter...which kind of surprised me...aren't they trying to sell their own dogs as it is? :confused: Hope you find her a home. :( :)

Uabassoon
12-22-2003, 03:08 AM
That's great news! I'm so excited for you :) When the right dog comes along I want to see tons of pictures!

stacwase
12-22-2003, 08:39 AM
hfsjdhfsdhf it is all quite shocking and Im still unsure of how to feel. haha I already know I want to adopt from the humane society where I volunteer, so now I just have to wait for the right dog to come along. :)[/color] [/B]

hehe - did a kitty walk across your keyboard while you were typing, by any chance?

I'm so glad you can get a dog. Keep us posted, with pics and everything! I'm sure you'll find the perfect dog soon.

veegan
12-22-2003, 04:27 PM
"hehe - did a kitty walk across your keyboard while you were typing, by any chance?"

hahaha no that was the excitement talking! lol and I will definitely keep you all updated on any developments. ;)

RubyMutt
12-22-2003, 08:03 PM
I know I've already told you this once, but I will again...

YEA! I'm SO EXCITED for you!! :D :D

Hopefully at out next PT meeting you'll have your own canine companion! :D

tomkatzid
12-22-2003, 08:21 PM
Then that means the next outing at Marymore will be soon ???!!!:D We are excited down in this end of town too !!!!!
Katz
how about this girl ?? !!
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2291379&adTarget=468dogbaby&SessionID=3fe7a6df758f9f18-app3&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=

veegan
12-23-2003, 01:26 AM
:D yes perhaps I will!! (but dont worry, Buddy will still come too! :) hehe) and yeah! I cant wait for another meeting! perhaps once the weather shapes up a bit... lol

aww.. Lady! shes such a cutie! it is hard finding a dog.. Ive been thinking today about maybe doing pure bred rescue. but I cant decide on a breed. and I really I think Id rather have a mutt anyway. so Ive been looking around pet finder at all kinds of dogs today too. Im afraid Im going to miss something. lol and how will I know which dog is the *right* dog?? :O!!! stress! haha ;) Im trying to tell myself to just relax, and when the time is right I will just, *know*. ... right???

but waiting is hard to do!!! IVE BEEN WAITING ALL MY LIFE! ;) ;) hahaha

veegan
12-23-2003, 01:32 AM
oh yeah, and I still havent meet sweet Lucee!! we definately have to have another Marymoor day soon!

veegan
12-24-2003, 12:22 PM
well, Im planning to meet this cutie this weekend! Spot! (http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2224041&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3fe9d95e0497622a-app2&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=) He might be a little too big, and he is only 8 months, so he has a little more growing to do.. but we'll see. The only other thing is they dont know how he is with cats. So, hopefully they can do a cat test or something. :O This is the same shelter miss Ruby came from! :) (I went back to the site the other day Lin, and its working now. hahaha Dont know what was the prob before!) I dont know if he's pottytrained yet either.. That might be a prob too. Well, Ill let you know how things go. He sure is cute. :)