PDA

View Full Version : The neatest thing happened...

Cookiebaker
12-21-2003, 03:40 PM
So many times, you never realize that you have touched a life in some way and never find out about it. So that's why this really gave me the goosebumps today.

We recently started going to a new church, and have gradually been meeting more and more people. So this morning after service, this guy that we were introduced a couple of weeks ago, walks up to me and say, "say, Anna, did you work up at xx hospital?" I looked at him kind of strange because it's been over 2 years since I worked there, and I only worked there for a month because the conditions were so bad. I said, "yes, but a long time ago." He says to me, "I knew it! You drew my blood in the lab." (I was a phlebotomist) He said that he had asked Carolyn (the receptionist) this week wondering if I still worked there.

How could he remember me from 2 years ago, and when I only saw him for maybe 5 minutes or less???? He said he remembered how fast & easy the procedure had been and wished that I still worked there. Too bad, but I totally couldn't remember him! :o

popcornbird
12-21-2003, 03:51 PM
That's neat! That actually happened to my dad some time back too! He went grocery shopping, and there was a new lady working there, as a cashier. She was an older woman, probably in her early 70s. My dad said she looked kinda familar, but he wasn't sure if it was someone he had met before. Anyway, you know how when you pay for stuff at a store, they ask for your ID? My dad showed her his license, and she saw his name, and was like *Wait a minute.................didn't I meet you once before, like 10 years ago? You had a little boy with you!* My dad was completely shocked, because he thought she looked familar too. He thought back, and asked her if she used to work at the bank, and it turned out.....that she did! :eek: Anyway, they met in the bank like 10+ years ago, and she remembered my dad and brother from THAT long ago........just by seeing them once for maybe 15 minutes! My dad told her that his *little boy* isn't a little boy anymore. He's a young man now! He he he :p Its neat how some people have such a sharp memory!

amoore
12-21-2003, 04:12 PM
I'm one of those people that remember people, and they look at me like I'm from outer space.LOL! I walk up and ask how they and their family are doing and they give me a strange look. :)

trayi52
12-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Its a little different for me, I have people come up to me, know me, and I am like standing there thinking"oh my god, I don't know who this person is" and I am too embarrassed to ask who they are. So I wonder how do you find out who they are, when you can't remember. Say I'm sorry but I don't remember you?

Tray

Tonya
12-21-2003, 06:18 PM
That is so cool. We often touch people's lives and don't even realize it.