PDA

View Full Version : Poor sweet Wild Thing:(

petlover
12-21-2003, 01:18 PM
This is so sad. :( A hunting dog that got loose one day at the place that I keep my horses, comes around looking for food at time to time. Every other day. Well, she came up yesterday when I was getting ready for my daily barrel racing lesson. She was so skiny, she also had milk. She had some puppies somewhere, but noone knows where they are. Wild Thing ( doggie) has some puppies somewhere.I am so worried that they will freeze.
We bring her food ( My mom and I do.) And, she loves it. She has began to start trusting us. People have told us to grab her collar when we get close to her. We are not going to though. Her pups need her. If we take her away from them, they won't even have a chance. I cannot deal with the thought of what would happen to the pups. I will take pics of her this afternoon if I can get my camera to work for that long.

KYS
12-21-2003, 01:25 PM
That is so sad, but very nice that you and your mom are
feeding her.
Maybe as she learns to trust you more, you will be able
to follow her to her pups.

Linda York
12-21-2003, 01:38 PM
:( Good luck. Maybe in feeding her she will begin to trust you. Maybe she will bring her pups to you or lead you to them. Maybe put a big box with a blanket in it near where you feed her.... maybe her need to survive will make her bring her babies to safety??
:confused:
It's great that you are trying and doing what you can.
Good luck. :(

petlover
12-21-2003, 01:50 PM
I did put a fairly LARGE pile of hay outside the barn for her to lay in. I also keep a small entrance to the barn open and a heat lamp on for her. I am hoping and praying for her and her pups. Thank ya'll for your kind words.:)

lizbud
12-21-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by KYS
That is so sad, but very nice that you and your mom are
feeding her.
Maybe as she learns to trust you more, you will be able
to follow her to her pups.

This is a very good idea. If she does begin to trust you &
you locate the pups, They really need to be picked up by a
Shelter or Rescue group. They need to be indoors & fed on
a regular schedule. I hope you & your Mom keep up the good
work. :)

pitc9
12-22-2003, 08:00 AM
Oh I hope she brings the puppies into the barn!!!

Oh I hope I hope I hope!!!!!!

petlover
01-27-2004, 08:31 PM
Hey ya'll... I finnally got a pic. of Wildthing.. Here it is.:)

K9soul
01-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Oh wow.. she's very pretty. I didn't see this thread when you first posted it.. Ever see anything of the pups?

G.P.girl
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
wow she's pretty! i thought she was a sheltie...i'm not sure why...i'm glad sh efound sombody to trust:)

trayi52
01-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Jan, She is so pretty! I love floppy ears. Did you ever find the puppies?

Willie

petlover
01-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Yes, I did meet one of her puppies.. hehe:D It was the only one that survived I guess. It's sooo sweet.:) Just like her mom. Here's a pic.:)

petlover
01-27-2004, 08:46 PM
and here's one of the daddy.. hehe.. Everyone remember Duke?:D :p

dukedogsmom
01-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Another cute Duke! He's a doll.

cocker_luva
01-27-2004, 09:33 PM
Wildthing looks like a English Foxhound. is Duke a bloodhound? they all are soo cute.

Tonya
01-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Cute pics! I'm glad that you found the pup. He looks healthy from the pics.

Kfamr
01-28-2004, 12:21 AM
Awwwwwwww!!

WHOA! Duke is huge!:eek: