PDA

View Full Version : Mitzi's Teeth Cleaning Adventure

RedHedd
12-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Yesterday it was Mitzi's turn for her Christmas "gift." Actually the teeth cleaning part, one extraction, was pretty uneventful. She's a real trooper and as usual everyone at the vet's office fell in love with her - she's so pretty and cute, but then I may be a bit prejudiced :D

The vet's office is less than a block from my house, basically just across the street, so of course I walk. I was rainy-day dressed for a holiday party with my fun red & black cowboy boot-shoes. It was raining pretty good. I had Mitzi in the soft-sided carrier, had just left the vet's office ($415 lighter!) and had walked about 50' when - KABOOM! I slipped and fell, the carrier miraculously landed on it's padded bottom! I also landed on my padded bottom :rolleyes: I was pretty shaken up and some bystanders had to help me up. I noticed that I had clung to Mitzi's carrier, keeping it upright and safe even while falling. My poor little baby!

She must have been thinking something like this: First mom starves me, takes me to the white coats where they do strange things to me, I wake up from a long nap with my mouth hurting and then she throws me on the ground!

She was unhurt; I bruised an elbow. When she got home, you wouldn't have known anything had happened to her. She immediately went to her food bowl demanding to be fed, let Mishi lick her and took a post-meal bath. She was all perky and cute - not at all drowsy or grumpy like Mishi had been. I love my little girl and am glad she wasn't hurt by meowmie's fal! Silly boots! They're pretty but not meant for rainwear.

jazzcat
12-21-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm so glad you and Mitzi weren't hurt and I'm very happy to hear she came through dental with no problems - just a gorgeous smile.

Her cleaning cost $415? Wow, when I had Ripley's done in Feb. it was $188 and that included extra antibiotics because his blood test showed his kidney function was off a little and they wanted to make sure there was nothing going on since he had that terrible infection a few months before.

Thanks for the update on Mitzi.

Steffi N
12-21-2003, 11:54 AM
Ooh, its good to have a padded bottom when you need it. I’m happy that Mitzi was unhurt and that you were only bruised. Make sure to apply some purr therapy to that sore elbow.
Mitzi, I am glad to hear you were a GOOD little girl at the white coats. How about a picture of you and Mishi showing off those pearly whites.

My Lovable needs a teeth cleaning—I got an estimate of almost $425 including lab and diagnostics. It will have to wait till next year.

amoore
12-21-2003, 02:57 PM
I am glad that you or Mitzi was not hurt. I thought things like that only happen to me!

AmberLee
12-21-2003, 03:39 PM
OUCH! Glad your injuries were merely bruises and that little Mitzi wasn't hurt.

Take care of yourself. Wetness underfoot is slippery... :eek: :(

krazyaboutkatz
12-21-2003, 04:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad fall but I'm glad that no one was seriously hurt. I'm also glad that Mitzi is doing well and is back home again.

catcrazylady
12-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Thank goodness neither one of you were hurt!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Way to go Mitzi! You sailed right through the whole thing! We do need pics of all these pearly whites! If they won't smile then we will settle for regular ol pictures!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

jenluckenbach
12-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Ah yes, isn't CA known for being more expensive?

What a sight you must have been falling. I sure am glad there were no causualties. (well except for your wallet):rolleyes:

Now Mitzi gets to have the special treat of wet food. She'll like that.

cutie_chica
12-21-2003, 09:49 PM
Glad to hear you were okay, and kitty too. A Dental cleaning here runs about 250. Princess has to have it done once a year... pursian cats I guess have more of a chance of getting bad plaqe because of thier teeth... they are normaly gapped... anyway, im going 2 sleep, been up all nite with tony, who is now eating and doing better :)

RedHedd
12-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
We do need pics of all these pearly whites! If they won't smile then we will settle for regular ol pictures!:D :D LOL! I was trying to figure out how to take a pic of their teeth -- of course I know they wouldn't stand, sit or lie for THAT :D, however I will get pics of their little shaved paws - They had to shave a spot for the IV anesthetic so they both now have cute little fur boots on one paw. :D

kimlovescats
12-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Oh dear! So sorry you fell on your pride... hehe.... but glad all ended up "ok"!!!! ;)

catmandu
12-22-2003, 08:53 AM
Actually in canada , 415 would be pretty rotine , 600 with extractions. John was about 900 , as all of his teeth , save two , came out. All he wants for Cat Mas is his two front teeth , back.