PDA

View Full Version : Just an update...

Moose
12-20-2003, 10:19 PM
I just realized that I have neglected to update you guys on my dad's battle with cancer. :o:o

He has been continuing to do chemotherapy for the last couple of months and is really progressing well. He had surgery not too long ago to remove some of the tumors. He still gets tired quickly, and has a tendency to get a fever and chills, but all-in-all is doing much better than when this all started. :)

It's so great to be home for break and be able to see him. I hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving, and even within such a short time I have already noticed a huge difference in the way he acts and looks.

My family and I would like to thank all of your for your prayers and hopeful thoughts, we all appreciate it and are convinced it is your caring wishes that are helping my father to improve day by day. :):D

GoldenRetrLuver
12-20-2003, 10:24 PM
I'm so glad your dad is doing better, Brooke. :) Please continue to keep us posted.

I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. :)

Tonya
12-20-2003, 10:30 PM
I'm happy to hear that he is doing well. I'll continue praying for him.

trayi52
12-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Brooke, I am so glad to hear that your dad is doing better, isn't there some kind of medicine he can take to keep him from feeling so tired? I think I heard of one somewhere that is supposed to help with that.

Hope he gets to feeling better, and you all have a very Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Keep us posted.

Tray

Moose
12-20-2003, 10:56 PM
Thanks you guys. :)

Trayi, yes...he has been taking some kind of medication that is supposed to help with that. The chemo still takes its toll on him though, and he still takes a lot less to get him tired than before he was diagnosed. He does continue to get better as days and weeks go by, though. :)

Dogz
12-21-2003, 10:44 AM
I am so glad to hear that your dad is doing well. I am glad that you got to see him again. Please, keep us posted.

primabella
12-21-2003, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the update Brooke. I am glad to hear that he is in all doing well. I will continue to pray for him. :) Hope you all have a wonderful holiday together.

Moose
12-21-2003, 11:29 AM
Thanks you guys. :)