PDA

View Full Version : Nakita

aly
12-20-2003, 08:41 PM
My mangy foster pup is now MANGE FREE !!!!!!!!!!! YEA!!!

She's still trying to grow her hair back but she looks really good. She's sweet as pie. I introduced her to Mocha and Sterling today and those three and just having a party in the kitchen right now.

But the BEST news is I have found a *wonderful* home for Nakita! This family has had 5 huskies in the past. They lost two Huskies this year due to old age and currently have a 2 year old male black and white Husky. They also have 3 skin kids aged 3, 6, and 9 (all girls). Nakita is very gentle and will do wonderfully with the children. She will probably be spayed on Monday and she will be a surprise Christmas morning for the 3 and 6 yr old :) :) (I mean she'll be a surprise for them, but the mom is going to be the caretaker of Nakita).

I really couldn't be happier with this lovely family!

Here's a pic of the silly girl that I took tonight.

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/pups///nakita2.jpg

Kfamr
12-20-2003, 08:44 PM
Oh ! She's adorable! She looks like she's grown sooooo much.

We need more pictures though! Somre more of Sterling and Mocha as well :)

I'm glad you have a home for her already and that her *mange* is all gone

RobiLee
12-20-2003, 08:45 PM
Nakita is beautiful! Oh how sweet. I'm so glad she has found a great home. What a great Christmas for those kids.

Robin :)

aly
12-20-2003, 08:50 PM
She's REALLLLLLY hard to get pics of because she won't stay still. Here are a couple others from tonight though:

http://rescuedpaws.com/pups///nakita.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/pups///nakitakitty.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/pups///nakita12-20.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/pups///nakita12-20-2.jpg

Kfamr
12-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Oh my gosh, she's toooo adorable. I LOVE the last one. I want ti give her a big HUG, give her one for me please?:p

aly
12-20-2003, 08:53 PM
Its funny you said that because she's a major hugger!

I sit on the floor and she comes flying at me and wraps her paws around my neck. IT IS SO CUTE!

RobiLee
12-20-2003, 09:20 PM
Oh Aly, she is so cute. I wish she was going to be under my tree this Christmas. Adorable! Give her a hug from me too.

DoggiesAreTheBest
12-21-2003, 06:28 AM
She is so cute, Aly! I am glad that she will have a good new home soon!!

dukedogsmom
12-21-2003, 07:56 AM
Nakita is adorable! I'm glad she'll have a great home for Christmas. I know you'll miss her a little, though. It's turning out to be a great Christmas for a lot of dogs.

amoore
12-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Nakita is a pretty dog. Does Nakita have one blue eye and one brown eye? I have seen a few dogs that do.:)

KYS
12-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Wonderful news that you found Nakita a good homeand that
she is now mange free. :)
She is shure a cutie pie.

Cincy'sMom
12-21-2003, 09:33 AM
What a sweetheart!!! Somehow I missed that you were even fostering her! Too cute!!! Congratson your home, Nakita!!!

pitc9
12-21-2003, 09:58 AM
Oh what wonderful news!!! She just looks like the sweetest thing!!!

BTW.. what's going on with Mocha and Sterling? How old are they now? Will they be going to homes soon??

primabella
12-21-2003, 10:12 AM
Nakita is adorable!! :eek: I can just imagine the beauty she will grow up to be. :) I'm so happy she has found a good home. :D

aly
12-21-2003, 10:30 AM
Mocha and Sterling are quickly approaching 3 months. I've been trying to find them homes with no success yet.

Dogz
12-21-2003, 10:51 AM
Oh for cute! Nakita is such a cutie! I want to just give her a big 'ol hug! That is great that she doesn't have mange any more, I can tell she has grown a lot!

Toby's Mommy
12-21-2003, 11:08 AM
Nakita is soo cute!!!
Could you please sneak her under my tree for Christmas??

wolf_Q
12-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Yay!! Finally we get Nakita pics!!! :D What a cutie, I love her eyes and those big ears! I'm glad you've found a home for her (wish it was mine though!)

RubyMutt
12-21-2003, 11:35 AM
What a wonderful Christmas gift for Nakita... mange free and a forever home! :D

K9soul
12-21-2003, 11:52 AM
What a beautiful pup with such a pretty name. I'm happy she's found a home! Wish the new owners would come to PT so we could watch her grow. :)

tikeyas_mom
12-21-2003, 02:38 PM
AWW so cute. i love huskies!! they rock :p

ramanth
12-22-2003, 08:51 AM
She is so cute!!! Congrats on finding her a home. :)

aly
12-23-2003, 10:04 PM
I painted Nakita's nails red and green and got her a red collar with a bow on it. I will meet her new family tomorrow evening after the girls are put to sleep. Nakita will sleep with the parents in their room. They are going to wake up at 5am and put her under the tree then go wake all the girls. The oldest girl knows about her and is VERY excited.

I'm very happy, but I'm going to miss this sweetheart.

micki76
12-23-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by aly
I will meet her new family tomorrow evening after the girls are put to sleep.

:eek: I had to read that three times to realize you meant "put the skin kids to bed." Once the Pet Talk translator kicked in I was fine, but I had quite a scare for a moment. :p :eek:

aly
12-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Nakita is in her new home snuggled up and sleeping with her new mommy and daddy now. She will meet her skin sisters and Husky brother early in the m morning. They are really the perfect family. They gave me a gorgeous Christmas card and some money to help me with my fosters. They are SO SWEET!

http://www.rescuedpaws.com///xmaseve6.jpg

Merry Christmas sweet Nakita. I miss you like crazy!

Kfamr
12-25-2003, 12:57 AM
Awwww!! She's soooo adorable!!! Merry Christmas Nakita, and to you too Aly! you saved another! Give Reece, Lolly, Skylar, Shiloh, and alllll of the fosters (especially Sterling!) hugs and kisses from me and my pups!:D

aly
12-25-2003, 10:27 PM
Look at this email I got today from Nakita's mommy:

Alyson -

If you'll send me your mailing address I'll send photos. (The old fashioned way - not digital.) She is already part of the family - everyone adores her. My 9 year old Meg ESPECIALLY is such a little mama.

She still has diarrhea and has also thrown up a little bit twice. We are hoping it is just due to the big change of scene and more stimulation than she is used to. We are trying to keep things very low key and peaceful for her.

Our 2 year old Husky Wolfy has been very sweet - Nakita fell in love with his doggy bed and he has given it up for her.

All is well and we could not be any happier. Merry Christmas.

Shelly

Karen
12-25-2003, 11:00 PM
I love stories with happy endings! :)

RobiLee
12-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Oh, what a great email! I am so happy for Nakita. What a little beauty. Well done, Aly!! You are one of the best!!