PDA

View Full Version : Uppydate :)

NoahsMommy
12-20-2003, 04:41 PM
Let's see. This week, only two cats went to the vet. Pee Pee and Livvy. :rolleyes:

After a few nights in the closet (cage inside), Pee Pee knows not to pee anywhere but a litter box. But...after I found a ton of pee in one of the new cat beds, I took her to the vet for a urinalysis. Turns out she doesn't have a UTI, but her uterus is inflammed from her spay. I guess with it inflammed, it gets swollen and rests directly on her bladder, thus making her always have to pee. The morning she peed on the bed, was while we were sleeping and now I figure while she was too. She just wasn't able to get to a box in time.

That large pee deposit in the cat bed made me wonder if I had the right cats.

Nope...it was Olivia again! Her UTI is back (or never went completely away). David brought her in to the vet for me and she didn't have any urine to give, so she'll go back Monday to "donate" some. ;)

Meanwhile, they are both on Clavimox...

Everyone else is doing very well. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2003, 05:44 PM
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear that Olivia has another UTI and that little Phoebe's bladder is swollen. It sure sounds painful.:( Prayers are on the way for a quick and full recovery for both of your babies.

Does this mean that you'll be keeping Phoebe?

Steffi N
12-20-2003, 07:54 PM
I am sorry that Olivia's UTI has returned at that Phoebe is suffering after her spay (the inflammation sounds like it's from an infection.) I thought that the uterus was removed when a female cat was spayed. Hope both of your babies are better soon.

bisi.cat
12-21-2003, 02:22 AM
Oh, I hope Livvy and PeePeePhoebe are getting well soon...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

jazzcat
12-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Poor Livvy and "Pee Pee" - you know that is cruel (but I understand) LOL!!!

Hope they are both doing better soon and the pee problems end quickly.

Cincy'sMom
12-21-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm glad to hear that Phoebe's problems are medical, not behavioral. As much as we hate our babies to be sick, the temporiary medical issue is easier to treat then behavior :)

Hope everybody's feeling better soon!

shais_mom
12-22-2003, 01:02 AM
I Hope things settle down soon!!! Maybe there will be no pees on Christmas?!

Uabassoon
12-22-2003, 03:12 AM
Sorry to hear about your kitties :( I hope things get better soon and your carpets and beds will be pee-free.

kimlovescats
12-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Oh dear, seems it never stops! But, I am glad that you finally have it all figured out, and can get everyone "fixed up" now!
Hang in there!!!!

Hugs!
;)

catcrazylady
12-22-2003, 05:56 AM
When it rains it poors!! So sorry the babies are sick. I have to agree with the others that while it's awful for them to be sick at least that can be treated. What exactly is that is wrong with Phoebe? I'm kind of confused about the spay and swollen uterus thing.http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/rolleyes.gif
Anyway...prayers are on the way for a quick recoveries and that your home will be pee free very soon!
Bless you for putting up with so much but still loving and caring for your babies.
http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/smile.gif