PDA

View Full Version : What do I get the boss for Xmas?!

Tonya
12-20-2003, 03:10 PM
Ok, the guys gave me $60 to spend. It's my duty to buy the boss a present. The guys told me to buy him a bottle of Whiskey. I think that's ridiculous. lol.

He's a rugged kind of farmboy. Very simple. Neat freak. Has Harley's, but I've already been to the Harley shop, can't find anything there. He's practically homeless because he's going through a breakup. WTF do I buy him!?

12-20-2003, 03:17 PM
a gift-certificate from a popular shop?:)

green_chameleon_girl
12-20-2003, 03:21 PM
A cone of course!:D jk lol Im not very good at this but as Lut said a gift certificate from a store he might like would be nice

Tonya
12-20-2003, 03:22 PM
That's what I said, but the guys told me that's the easy way out...impersonal. (Like a bottle of whiskey is any better...men. :rolleyes: )

green_chameleon_girl
12-20-2003, 03:23 PM
hahahahahahhaha! get some of the guys you work with to kinda secretly ask him about a couple of things he would like for christmas

Karen
12-20-2003, 03:27 PM
A nice shaving/grooming kit (if he's not a bearded guy) as he's a neat freak and nearly homeless those might come in handy, or a gift certificate to some place he might shop. It's not an impersonal gift if you think about what certificate to get – and wrap it with a chocolate bar for instant gratification.

Tonya
12-20-2003, 05:45 PM
I know!

Ear plugs, a blindfold, and a gag! So that he can hear no evil, see no evil, and speak no evil!

Christiansmommy
12-20-2003, 07:05 PM
You could get a gift certificate with some of the money and then an actual gift with the rest...maybe a gift basket filled with man type things, like tools, flashlights...stuff like that...not sure, would have to know his personality...

Tonya
12-20-2003, 09:56 PM
I found a gift! I got him Gourmet smoked Salmon and some really nice Pilsner glasses from Cost Plus. And then Costco has this box of 17 different fancy beers from around the world that I got. It's a little classier then Whiskey, but manly enough. :D Thanks for the help!