PDA

View Full Version : Nocturnal wanderings

catnapper
12-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Q: Why do we let our cats sleep all day?

A: So they can entertain us at night.

Somebody (I won't mention names, but he does take sleeping to a new level - Olympic quality... grace, beauty, contentment, form) was up ALL NIGHT last night. First, this certain kitty chased a fly in the bedroom window AGAIN. Then he bored of that and found a piece of tin foil in the kitchen. Generous to no ends, he brought it upstairs to play with in our room. Do you know what tin foil sounds like at 3:00 in the morning when played with on a wood floor? Then he decided he needed live entertainment and tried to pick on Nicki (poor thing just jumped into bed for protection.) So the trouble maker followed suit... imagine a double bed (not even quenn size) with two large humans, one 100 pound dog, and a playful kitty.

Needless to say, sleep was impossible. I'm up to get some work done and what's he doing now? Sleeping in a nice warm patch of sunlight. :rolleyes:

catmandu
12-20-2003, 09:04 AM
The cats here , are nocturnal , and you can tell , if a toy is popular , if you can hear them chasing them around.Especially , if it is a noisy toy.

catcrazylady
12-20-2003, 11:44 AM
They are BRATS I tell you!! BRATS, BRATS, BRATS!!! They will torment you until you get up and it never fails that as soon as you get up (which is exactly what they want) then they find a cozy spot and sleep for hours!!!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

It's a good thing they are so darn cute! Your UNnamed kitty is so adorable that he could get away with anything in my house!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

slick
12-20-2003, 12:20 PM
God bless my older cats. When I go to bed, they go to bed. When I get up, they get up, although sometimes Max will wake me if I'm not up by 7am.

trayi52
12-20-2003, 01:50 PM
Yes I agree, they are brats, brats, this morning I woke up with a scratch on my nose. I know for certain I didn't do it! The brat done it, how does she manage to get me of a night when I am asleep? Why do I not wake up? It has to hurt! How does she manage this without waking me, what do I sleep like the dead or what?????:D ;)

Tray

Prairie Purrs
12-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Angel's favorite toy is a little plushy ball that doesn't make any noise--so the other night he decided to bring it up on the bed for a rousing round of kitty soccer (apparently with my face as the goal)! I guess he was determined to wake me up one way or another. :rolleyes:

jenluckenbach
12-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Thanks, now my monitor is nice and clean. :eek: :eek:
Too funny!!!!!!!!:D :D

sirrahbed
12-20-2003, 03:00 PM
Funny how all the really neat toys make noise, too:D Actually, even when it gets very quiet, and they are not in the bed.... - I get up to see what they are up to!!!

amoore
12-20-2003, 03:14 PM
Sunny seems to sleep at night. He wakes up if we make a sound and wants to be petted.:)

Pam
12-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by slick
God bless my older cats. When I go to bed, they go to bed. When I get up, they get up, although sometimes Max will wake me if I'm not up by 7am.

Slick I could have written this! My boys have quieted down a lot over the years and now it is only Trevor who disturbs my sleep and then it is usually not before 6:30 AM any more. The problem is that he doesn't know the difference between weekends and weekdays so he's a little confused when two days out of the week I am not happy with him. :p

trayi52
12-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Well my nose is still sore, so why can't Grover stay asleep all night and not do horrible things to my nose? and my legs, and my knees? I think she spent to much time in the trashcan.

I don't care what she does to me I still love her and would not want to part with her. She is my little baby.:D

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2003, 06:01 PM
Yes, I can also relate to this.:) I have 4 male cats. Storm is almost 8, Sunny is 3, and Sky and Cirrus are 1. They'll be napping in the early evening and then when I'm getting ready for bed they always seem to wake up and think it's playtime instead of bedtime.:) Storm has mellowed out a lot but since it's been much cooler here lately this has made him have a lot more energy. He's also sometimes the ring leader.:)

iloverat
12-20-2003, 07:44 PM
A friend of mine has 2 cats and one of those water systems where the big multi-gallon bottles are inverted onto a dispenser. The cats have figured out how to press the lever which opens the tap. My friend says she hears her guys chasing each other up and down the hall in the middle of the night, then they make a pit stop in the kitchen and she hears "glug, glug,glug" while they tank up before another run. :D :D :D Fun and games!!!!

BastetsMum
12-21-2003, 03:46 AM
Bastet is good about her nocturnal wanderings - she will harrass my flatmate until she is tired then she will come to bed. Although lately its been thundering in the hall. :rolleyes: