PDA

View Full Version : A tatoo of your pet...

Tonya
12-20-2003, 12:05 AM
I forgot to tell you! When I was in Vegas, I ran into a guy who had tattoos of his dogs. He had two beautiful pitbulls, a brindle and blue. (I know because he carried their pics in his wallet.) On each forearm, he had a tribal design with his dogs coming through it. Whoever his artist was, did a beautiful job. They looked just like the portraits. It rocked! I only brought a disposable camera and I can't remember if I got pics. If I did, I'll share when I develop the camera.

Kfamr
12-20-2003, 12:07 AM
I've always said that I wanted a tattoo of Simba on either my arm or my back. Probably my arm for more people could see it. I want Simba because he's honestly the best thing that ever happend to me, he's the reason I breathe. Maybe Nala on the other arm, but Simba was my first dog, and my first love. :p ;)

Shelteez2
12-20-2003, 12:11 AM
That's really neat.
I thought about geting my dogs' portraits tattooed on me, but decided against it.
My reason for deciding against it was mainly due to me most likely having plenty of dogs in the course of my life. I'm not one who likes heavily tattooed bodies, but if I got protraits of Em and Clipse then why not any other dog I have. By the time I reach 70 I could have owned a lot of dogs!!! LOL
So instead I chose to get a paw print to represent my love for all dogs. :)

Kfamr
12-20-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Shelteez2
That's really neat.
I thought about geting my dogs' portraits tattooed on me, but decided against it.
My reason for deciding against it was mainly due to me most likely having plenty of dogs in the course of my life. I'm not one who likes heavily tattooed bodies, but if I got protraits of Em and Clipse then why not any other dog I have. By the time I reach 70 I could have owned a lot of dogs!!! LOL
So instead I chose to get a paw print to represent my love for all dogs. :)

Yeah, that's why I said maybe just Simba. Because he's my very first dog. :p ;)

Shelteez2
12-20-2003, 12:48 AM
Here's a pic of my tattoo:

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Dec/200312198051250033385711.jpg

cloverfdx
12-20-2003, 01:24 AM
Tonya i hope you have pics the tatoo's sound awsome :)

i am designing mine at the moment i am having a portrait of Clover on my right shoulder with her date of birth and when the time comes (well you know) but i have not found an artist that i like yet.

and also Clover is my first ever dog and my heart dog and i want a contant reminder of her. (Elvis can have my other shoulder ):D

cute paw print by the way :)

RubyMutt
12-20-2003, 11:31 AM
I hope you find those photos! I'd love to see them :)

I love your paw, Shelteez!

I've considered getting tattoos of my dogs. I don't know where I would want them, and I'm a little nervous about getting a portrait tattoo. There's so much detail to them, more so than most tattoos. I'd want to find an artist who specializes with them, which I have not yet. I have seen photos of some of the portraits done by the artist who did my other tattoos. They look really good, but I'm still just a little nervous. I'm trying to take a break from tattoos for now anyway ;)

cloverfdx, do you have a pic of the tattoo you're designing? I'd love to see it, it sounds great :)

GoldenRetrLuver
12-20-2003, 11:44 AM
Yes, I'm planning to get a Tattoo of Daisy on my right shoulder. Maybe Molly too, but I'm not sure yet. Afterall, Daisy is my heat dog. :)

Maybe for my 16th B-Day my parents will let me....otherwise, I'll get it when I'm 18. :D

amoore
12-20-2003, 12:53 PM
I have tattoos of hummingbirds, because I love hummingbirds. I am going to get Sunny next. I have a friend that is a artist and does tattoos.

Dogz
12-20-2003, 01:18 PM
Personally, I wouldn't really want a tattoo of my pet. I don't want to sound rude or anything though, it is just my opinion. I think it would be cool to see someone with a tattoo of their pet, I just can't see myself with one.

cloverfdx- I would too, love to see the tattoo that you are designing!

Julie- That would be really cool if you got a tattoo, but make sure you find a really good artist that you like the work of.:)

dukedogsmom
12-20-2003, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking of getting Duke put on my other ankle. He's the only one I would consider doing that with, though.

Amber
12-20-2003, 06:16 PM
When Im older, I plan on getting a paw print on my ancle or the lower part of my back.

tikeyas_mom
12-20-2003, 07:57 PM
i would love to get a tattoo of Tikeya BUT i would be affraid that when she passed to the RB, i would be so devistated i wouldent be able to bear having a pic of her on me ...

I am just like that.