PDA

View Full Version : wolfsoul and me exchange gifts!!

tikeyas_mom
12-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Me and jordan *AKA wolfsoul*
Exchanged gifts today for christmas!!!

MWAHAHA
I got her a stuffed Bean bag GSD for her, and dryed rats fruities things lol haha i am lame lol.

She got me....

dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNNN....

a hairless rats, I named him Frodo Beggins!! mwahaha, my mom and dad new all along and never said a word to me, which is amazing!!! lol.

I am so happy, my lil Frodo is so small and cute!! :) i will post pics tomorrow :)..
I am taking him into the vet on monday for his first checkup. He is sneezing a lil from being housed in pine his whole life .. Right now he is all happy, popcorning around in his aspen :p.
:D..

magcpen
12-19-2003, 09:35 PM
Heehee... congratulations. :D

tikeyas_mom
12-19-2003, 09:36 PM

wolfsoul
12-19-2003, 09:41 PM
Yes, her mom pulled me aside and told me how Jynnelle has been talking about these little nude rats for some time. :) I've been quarantining him since Tuesday, and he has a small case of myco, but Jynnelle will get meds for that and he'll be all better. She's taking him home tomorrow. Must admit that I'm glad I don't have to be extremely paranoid and clean now. :D My rats don't need to get sick!

Dogz
12-19-2003, 10:19 PM
Good luck with the new rat.

tikeyas_mom
12-19-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Dogz
Good luck with the new rat.

thanks!!! :D:D:D

green_chameleon_girl
12-19-2003, 10:39 PM
YOU GOT A HAIRLESS RAT:D:D IM COMMING TO LIVE WITH YOU! LOL aww your so lucky! I wish my mom was that nice... well she is nice but she doesnt like ratties:( AWW ur lucky!:D

Dogz
12-19-2003, 10:41 PM
When are you going to post pictures?:)

tikeyas_mom
12-19-2003, 11:08 PM
tomorrow i will post pics. :):)

Desert Arabian
12-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom

a hairless rats, I named him Frodo Beggins!!

Right now he is all happy, popcorning around in his aspen :p.
:D..

Frodo Baggins. ;)

Also, it is best to have other bedding rather than aspen for hairless rats. Something like carefresh (the best), yesterdays news, etc.

"Allergies to bedding, other animals, dust and seasonal pollens and molds can cause a hairless to sneeze, have weepy eyes (with a red porphryn discharge), and possibly lead to bacterial infection that will require antibiotics to cure. Nude rats (hairless rats born to haired parents) seem to have less problems than hairless rats (hairless rats born to hairless parents). Those born from a hairless carrier have better health similar to the nudes.
Weepy eyes may come from a increased sensitivity to allergins or possibly dry eyes. Many hairless rats wake up from long naps with this and usually clean themselves up. If the problem is severe, I treat the eyes with an antibiotic eye cream called Terramycin, a couple of times a day.
Removing the allergins and using a Hepa Air Cleaner will dramatically reduce this problem for most hairless rats. Avoid wood bedding and those with high dust content. I have had the most success with recycled newspaper pellets. These can be found in grocery stores as Yesterday Mews Cat Litter, Good Mews Cat Litter and at feed stores as Crown Animal Bedding. Farm feed stores usually carry it for half of the price of grocery stores." From Odd Fellows Rattery

Just thought I would share.

wolfsoul
12-20-2003, 12:46 AM
YLL, Frodo is a nude because only one of his parents didn't have hair. :) He also has rags and toilet paper in there. I was so afraid that he'd get cold that I stuffed a bunch of toilet paper and stuff on different levels but he just pulled all of the bedding down on to the first level and made a little fort. :p

cloverfdx
12-20-2003, 01:33 AM
Awwwww congratulations :) good luck with lil Frodo (Cute name)

We need pics :D

trayi52
12-20-2003, 01:59 AM
Awww, Jynnelle, you got what you wanted afterall, how sweet, Santa Jordan how sweet of you. Frodo is a good name, yes you do need to post pics, I will be waiting for pics. :) Merry Christmas to both you girls.

Tray

bluekat
12-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Aww, a new rattie!:D Congrats Jynelle!
Good luck with him!