PDA

View Full Version : Do your kitties ever just NEED to be held?

Sirrahsim
12-19-2003, 04:15 AM
Boomer followed me around, crying, for about about an hour today. I tried everything to placate him. I changed his litter, I fed him, I offered him treats, nothing would help. Finally I just scooped him up and gave him a hug. He settled in my arms happy as a clam. I was utterly delighted so of course I held him and snuggled him for about 30 minutes. After a while I needed to get moving on my house cleaning so I set him down and got to work. Within a minute he was curling around my legs meowing pitifully again. So I scooped him up and snuggled him again. Suddenly he was happy as a clam. This went on for about 2 hours this evening. It was so funny but oh so flattering! DO your kitties ever just get in the mood for human snuggles that won't go away? It was soo cute:)

jenluckenbach
12-19-2003, 05:27 AM
That is SO sweet!!! :D

catcrazylady
12-19-2003, 06:02 AM
Oh Boomer you are so sweet! You just needed a bunch of mama lovin huh?
Leroy is bad about doing this on weekends or if I'm off from work. He usually sleeps alot during the day while we are at work so if I'm home he follows me and cries. He thinks I should sit and hold him for his 6 hour afternoon nap!! Sometimes I just snuggle him up and we take a nap together.
Kitty love is wonderful and it sounds like Boomer is giving you plenty!

sirrahbed
12-19-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Sirrahsim
DO your kitties ever just get in the mood for human snuggles that won't go away?

Rarely :o But they get them anyway!!! *I* am the human snuggle who won't go away:D :D

moosmom
12-19-2003, 08:35 AM
LilEli (the semi-feral kitty) will jump up on my bed at night and cry. As soon as I call to him, he plops down in my arms and goes to sleep, purring away.

MooShoo will climb onto my shoulder (Sphynxes are shoulder riders) and then turn around in my arms like a baby and go to sleep.

Fawnie will let out this loud "MEOOOOOOOOW" and come running with a toy in her mouth for her to play "fetch". I read somewhere that one of the main characteristics in a Maine Coon is their wanting to play fetch.

Doogie will lay at my feet yowling and then turn on his back with his belly exposed wanting to be pet.

Carly the Curly Girl will sit on the arm of the couch and tap me on the shoulder for attention.

catmandu
12-19-2003, 08:59 AM
One of the most important things ,that you can do for a Kitten , is to hold them , and get them used to Huamn contact. It will help them to associate with people , and become loving Pets.

sirrahved
12-19-2003, 10:34 AM
Pickles will cry until he gets me to pick him up. Just this morning I was cleaning with him on my shoulders. He's very needy.

catnapper
12-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Goodness yes! Allen might not do that - but he does roll over and meow loudly to demand belly rubs. Pouncer on the other hand will cry non-stop to get picked up and loved. No sooner do you pick him up then he settles in with a big purr and drifts off to sleep. How can a cat lover's heart not melt over THAT?

Boomer's such a sweet fellow... he must know you need the loving too. He says, "Hey, its Christmas and you are running everywhere. You need to slow down, forget the dishes and laundry and take a half hour or so to just sit and be loving!"

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-19-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sirrahved
Pickles will cry until he gets me to pick him up. Just this morning I was cleaning with him on my shoulders. He's very needy.

Sounds like Tubby. Every night when I get home Tubby will not leave me alone until I pick him up and give him his nightly cuddles. That lasts until I get into the kitchen, then he wants treats. Then, if I have anything I need to do in the evenings like laundry or anything, he'll follow me around meowing until I go upstairs and hit the couch. He is immediately right next to me on the couch giving me head bumpies and wanting pets. Depending on what I need to do the rest of the night, I either bring him on my lap where he settles in (see pic) or I eventually have to send him to his little bed so I can get something done. ;) :D

This is how Tubby and I look when I've had a bad day and he needs some serious cuddling.....'course he needs serious cuddling all the time, so this is how we look when I've had a bad day and I need some serious cuddling. ;) :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/p22a5ae28624b93baf5eed2cb3d56516b/fccc6cde.jpg

jazzcat
12-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Jazzy is my little cry till I pick her up and hold her baby but only if I am standing. As soon as I sit down she wants out of my arms and lap. If I stand and hold her she will stay that way indefinitely.

gini
12-19-2003, 11:07 AM
Yes, Rascal demands his loving time every single morning while I am sitting in front of the computer. It makes replying to posts very difficult.:)

Annie, however is a flopper. She will roll over and expose her belly if I walk by the bed.

Emma, well, we are still working on Emma. If I am walking around the house, especially in my bedroom slippers, she will give me a wide berth. I believe that someone must have kicked her. She also hates being held. She is coming around and even likes to be petted when I go to bed in the evening. But a snuggle cat, she is not.

I think it is such an honor when they want to be held - who could resist?

And as I type this, Rascal has his paws on my knees and wants me to move the keyboard out of the way. Gotta Go!:D

amoore
12-19-2003, 11:39 AM
It sounded like you were talking about Sunny. He does that three or four times a day. I have been out in my garden working and he would follow me around. Suddenly he would hop up on to my back and nibble my ears, nose and my hair trying to get me to stop and hold him.:)

catlover4ever
12-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes Smokey is the one who needs to either be held or needs to just lay with you. A typical night is my hubby sitting in his chair and Smokey lying on his chest and stomach in a full kitty stretch. Smokey is also the only one of mine that will come up to me while I am sitting in bed, come up to my arms and wants to be held just like you would hold a baby.

Tigger ALWAYS wants to be held right around 3AM....:eek: :eek: I don't know what kind on internal clock she has but it sure does need some adjustment.:rolleyes:

12-19-2003, 12:32 PM
Inka has this too! She follows me everywhere then, and meows untill I pick her up and hug her! That is about time then to start her "purr-motor" :) :)

Prairie Purrs
12-19-2003, 02:43 PM
Lily doesn't bother to wait until I pick her up--she jumps into my arms. :D

Kacey loves his cuddles--I think he'd let me carry him around all day. Once when he was a kitten I was working at the computer while holding him against my shoulder. He stayed there so long my arm stiffened up!

Hagrid likes to crawl into my lap and roll over on his back, so I have to cradle him like a baby. Darn big baby, at 14+ pounds! :eek:

trayi52
12-19-2003, 02:47 PM
I am so jealous, my RB Pyewackett used to do that, and when I was at the computer, she was wrapped around my neck. Like Sunny she liked getting on my back. I even have a picture of her sitting on Jenifers back.

amoore
12-19-2003, 05:17 PM
Hey tray, put the picture in here so we can see.:) I remember that picture. It was so cute!

trayi52
12-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Don't go away, I will be right back with the Picture Okay?

trayi52
12-19-2003, 05:28 PM
Okay here it is, she looks so cute, so does Pyewackett. LOL. Jennifer just loved this, look at Jennifers face. Notice Jennifer has a mirror looking at Pye on her back.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid93/p2c9e2856aa307dd68bec1cec40a044a0/fa41a177.jpg

Amber
12-19-2003, 06:24 PM
Boomer your a sweetie! :D

Maggie usually cries and follows me aound until I pick her up. lol goofy cat!

P.S. Sirrahsim, I love your siggy of Boomer! :D

amoore
12-19-2003, 07:03 PM
That is the picture i remember! Pywackett was such a pretty cat. Jenn is a pretty cat too. HEHeHe.:)

Craftlady
12-19-2003, 07:10 PM
Butterscotch and Skinny have been exceptionally needy lately. Think they are wanting a really good present from Santa :)

Sirrahsim
12-19-2003, 08:59 PM
I just love all these stories about kitty-lovin' It all makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside:) I forgot to mention what Boomer does if I attempt to work around him. If I'm folding clothes, he lays in the basket of clothes that are waiting to be folded. If I change gears to put away the clothes I've already folded, he'll lay on top of those. If I pull them out from under him anyway, he'll jump up into the drawers of our dresser:rolleyes: :D I just love it when my sweet scaredy kitty decides to grace his momma with his presence:D :) :) I agree Craftlady, all these kitties must know that Santa can tell if they've been good or bad. Maybe they also hope they can score some brownie points with their humans and we'll pass that info along to the big guy before Christmas :rolleyes: :p

IttyBittyKitty
12-20-2003, 10:30 AM
How adorable that your baby wanted you for lots of cuddles!

Pixel can take or leave cuddles, but comes up at least once a day and jumps on laps etc for her scritchies.

Randi is a different matter. He expects to sleep, cuddled up to his mum, every night ... he is so sweet, he even squeaks with delight while he purrs.