PDA

View Full Version : Santa Clause is coming to town...

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Every year, our local fire department goes aorund with two fire trucks, decorated in lights and what not, with Santa in one of them I didn't get good pictures of both of the trucks ( simba and Nala were pulling and barking while I was trying to take pictures ;x ) But i got two of them.

One's attatched with the other in the next post.

Anyone else have any similar things in their town?

Kfamr
12-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Here's the one with Santa and a spotty dog. :p

GoldenRetrLuver
12-18-2003, 08:26 PM
How cool! :D

Not to far away from me, there's a place at Christmas time, known as "Santa Clause Lane". Down that street, EVERYONE'S house is perfectly decorated with TONS of lights, and even a few other surprises. :) There's a house that has a huge toy train going around the entire house, and a bunch of Disney characters around it. It's awesome. :D I'll try to take pictures of it, when we go this weekend. :)

dukedogsmom
12-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I had never heard of this before until 2001 when I was at brother's in Maryland. They do it there, too! Here's proof.
http://www.boomspeed.com/dukedogsmom/santafire.jpg
I think it's great! We don't have anything like that here.

Shelteez2
12-18-2003, 08:37 PM
When I used to live in a small town not far from where I live now they did that. And you could go to the local store and donate a dollar (per name) and put your kids' names and address on a list and the firetruck would stop outside your house and Santa would come up to the door with a goodie bag for each kid.

bluekat
12-18-2003, 09:13 PM
Ohh, that's cool...I wish we had that here, I don't know if we do, maybe in downtown because I've never seen it.

Cincy'sMom
12-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Love the Spotty engine!! That is cool :)

trayi52
12-19-2003, 01:53 AM
Leave it to me, I was looking at the picture of the spotted dog, and didn't see it, can't see the forest for the trees, the truck was painted up to look like the dog. That was cute, and good pictures.:)

bluekat
12-20-2003, 08:51 AM
My dad heard on the news yesterday about it, we do have them here! I think they'll be travelling around Canada too, but only in downtown.

jazzcat
12-20-2003, 11:03 AM
That's really neat!! When I was little the firetrucks were decorated like that for the Christmas Parade but only that night.