PDA

View Full Version : My sister could use some prayers

robinh
12-18-2003, 03:01 PM
My sister is back in the hospital. It's inoperable so they treated her with chemo and radiation. She was told a couple of months ago her lung cancer was in remission. Such good news.

Yesterday she called me and asked me to take her to the hospital. She's had something like the flu since last week and it hasn't gotten any better so the doctor is worried about dehydration so he wanted her admitted. They've been running a bunch of tests, but I'm so scared that her cancer has returned and metastasized to more organs.

Please say a few prayers for her.

anna_66
12-18-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear this Robin:(

slick
12-18-2003, 03:05 PM
PT prayers really do work and there's lots more coming from my side.

Felicia's Mom
12-18-2003, 03:07 PM
Your sister is on my Prayer List.

micki76
12-18-2003, 03:14 PM
Don't worry too much Robin, I'm sure her chemo and radiation has just made her immune system very weak. It actually pretty much wipes it out and it takes forever for it to recover. I'm sure she just has a bug or the flu, which isn't to be taken lightly when one has been on chemo and radiation. It can easily turn into pneumonia.

I so understand the fears though. Just last week I rushed to my oncologist when I found a lump in my forearm. I found out it's a Lipoma, (a fatty tumor like dogs get) and nothing to worry about.

all that having been said, she will be in my thoughts. I know how scary it can be. :(

Logan
12-18-2003, 03:27 PM
Prayers, on the way, for your sister, Robin. I know how frightened you all must be. I'm thinking positively, knowing her immune system must be deficient at this point and any bug that is out there might attack her system. Keep us posted, please, and we'll be praying!!

Logan

ChrisH
12-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Robin, I am so sorry to hear this. Your sister is in my thoughts and prayers.

robinh
12-19-2003, 09:39 PM
PT's DO IT AGAIN!!!!!!! :D :D :D

My sister has had a couple of wild days. She was having so much trouble breathing and through the testing, they found a lot of fluid in her lungs and around her heart. Last night they had to do an emergency procedure to draw fluid off her lungs. They drew 1300 cc's of fluid off her left lung and there probably is at least that much around her right lung, but they elected to wait on that until this weekend. She's on blood thinners and they didn't even want to do the procedure but they didn't have a choice. Bleeding was the least of the worries - drowning in fluid was the biggie. Well, the procedure went very well and she was breathing a little better today. Then tonight, they went in and did a procedure to drain the fluid from around her heart which was affecting the beating of her heart. She came through that well. They'll probably do the right lung tomorrow or the next day.

We still don't know what's causing the accumulation of fluid, but the good thing - NO CANCER has returned. Her CAT scan and bone scan do not show a return of the cancer.

I am so relieved - THANKS TO ALL THE PT'ers who prayed for her. I really appreciate all the help!!!

:D :D

Tonya
12-19-2003, 09:50 PM
Praise God! I'll continue praying for your sister.

rg_girlca
12-19-2003, 10:09 PM
I'm so glad to read that her cancer has not returned. This is such good news.

I hope and pray that your sister has a full and complete recovery from her illness and is able to be home for Christmas to share in the joy with her family.

RobiLee
12-19-2003, 10:40 PM
I'm so glad to hear that your sister is doing better and that there is no sign of the cancer. I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and hope she feels better real soon.

Robin :)

Julie Grove
12-20-2003, 09:12 AM
Fantastic news on your sister... I will say special prayers for her and keep everything crossed!! You should now just relax and enjoy the Christmas break.

primabella
12-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Good news Robin! I will say a few prayers for her tonight, hope she gets over thsi soon! :)

KYS
12-20-2003, 11:48 AM
I am so glad that the cancer has not returned,
and I hope she makes a complete recover on what
is causing the excess fluid.

krazyaboutkatz
12-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Robin, I'm so glad to hear that her cancer is still in remission and that she's doing much better. :) Prayers and positive thoughts are coming her way for a quick and full recovery. Hopefully she'll be able to come home for the holidays.

petlover
12-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Robin, I will be praying for your sisiter.:) Praying for a safe and FAST recovery.:) :) :)

trayi52
12-20-2003, 10:38 PM
Robin, I'm glad to hear your sister is still in remission, and is doing better. Hopefully with the help of all these Pt prayers, she will get well really soon. I will be thinking of you and your family.

Tray